Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Oh how I would love DJI GO app for Windows...
17484 38 2015-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I wonder now with windows 10 being more Android/iOS programmer friendly we will see the GO app transition onto the Windows platform, wishful thinking I know but imagine using the SP3 as the FPV screen - Adam
2015-8-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI understands you request.  I am not sure that is in their development plans.  Sorry.
2015-8-7
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-7 19:54
DJI understands you request.  I am not sure that is in their development plans.  Sorry.

Oh they WILL be sorry! I'LL.... I'll.......i'll..............ugh - Adam
2015-8-7
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-8-8 00:57
Oh they WILL be sorry! I'LL.... I'll.......i'll..............ugh - Adam

I'm sure there are many who would love to see a Windows Pilot App... many laptops have more processing and video capability than common tables and phones. Sure would be nice.
2015-8-7
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Android emulator on a Windows machine work?
Will Android emulators capture and use local USB ports of the host machine?
2015-8-7
Use props
nikolaeycool
New

Latvia

Windows sucks!
2015-8-7
Use props
jmhirtle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118845 ft

Canada

I'll take one for my MacBook while their at it
2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

are u mad???? windows cant run its own s..t without freezing!! get ready  for quads to drop from sky
2015-8-7
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Heh, OS haterz give me a giggle.

I use *nix and Winders at work for a power company, read: Critical Systems.
Properly maintained I have Windoz boxes that run for months at a time without issue.
They can only get rebooted because of patch cycles.

No apple products in our critical system environment.
2015-8-7
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-8 11:57
are u mad???? windows cant run its own s..t without freezing!! get ready  for quads to drop from sky

if yer winders freezin, it means something wrong with your hardware ... period!
2015-8-7
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Trilithon Posted at 2015-8-8 12:15

I use *nix and Winders at work for a power company, read: Critical ...

Apple products run on pure UNIX !
2015-8-7
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-8 12:19

Meh...

There is nothing that runs on UNIX anymore, all a 'flavor of'.  I can show relics of *NIX in Windows commands if you want to get technical.

No apple in our environment because of locked hardware issues.
2015-8-7
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

OSX is a microkernel, which means unlike normal UNIX, the core OS is a collection of small modules that interact via message passing.
2015-8-7
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Trilithon Posted at 2015-8-8 12:38
OSX is a microkernel, which means unlike normal UNIX, the core OS is a collection of small modules ...

Apple is mainly a consumer electronics company not a business products oriented, meanwhile linux and windows runs on everything and so does osx with EFI manipulation, i find windows 8 on tablets is a flaky relationship compared to apple's solid performance.

In my opinion apple for home and recreational use is a god send, apple hardware is to expensive to be used in business unless its fashion or image portrayal in offices.
2015-8-7
Use props
chadarbourgh
lvl.2

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-8 11:57

Yet it is my Iphone 6 plus that goes dimmer while flying to cut down on the processor over heating. I've had it crash and reboot multiple times in flight. I now carry my iphone around without my outerbox case just because I can fly it a little longer before DJI pilot app before it starts to act up.  
2015-8-8
Use props
1anr0bbins
lvl.1

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-7 19:54

is there a reason why dji pilot app works great for android 4.4 on my acer iconia but when I upgrade to dji GO it stops. I've tried 6 times to reload but always the same. Just to confirm I used my samsung  s5 which runs android 5.0 and lo and behold it runs great. However, can't use the phone to fly(wifes orders) and I shouldn't have to fork out more money for a new tablet..can I somehow get someone to give me my old pilot app back or am I forced to spend more money?..thanks, Ian
2015-8-15
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

chadarbourgh Posted at 2015-8-8 22:15
Yet it is my Iphone 6 plus that goes dimmer while flying to cut down on the processor over heating ...

I fly using my Iphone 5s and have no issues flying my Phantom 3 Pro with lightbridge.  I cant fly 3 batterys in a row in 90+ plus heat, but it can very easily take one battery in the morning or afternoon.
2015-8-15
Use props
ivegotpost
New

United Kingdom

I have used my iphone 6 plus for one flight, the battery was at 75% shortly after takeoff, the phone shut down on me saying it was flat. i had to fly back to myself by eye and land which was quite hairy during my learning to fly.

I tried an ipad with no issues but i dont own it (it was loaned to me)

I dont want to have to fork out another £300 on a tablet just to use my drone confidently i have a perfectly good windows 10 tablet that i am frustrated that i cant use as i only got it 3 days before i got my phantom 3.
2016-1-27
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

ivegotpost Posted at 2016-1-27 13:50
I have used my iphone 6 plus for one flight, the battery was at 75% shortly after takeoff, the phone ...

What weather was this like,  I had the same occurrence with 100% battery and after some testing it appeared to be the iPhone shutting down due to low temperatures.  Some temp testing that I've seen done on smartphones that I came across seemed to show with consistency that the iPhone Shuts down or appears to have rapid battery drain under ~24 degrees Fahrenheit.  It was 0 when I was out and had the failure, tried to turn it back on and got dead battery indicator.  After 5 minutes of warming up the iPhone powered on and displayed 97% battery.   I have only been able to recreate this scenario in extreme temperatures.

Edit:  FYI this was with an IPhone 6S plus for me.
2016-1-27
Use props
proplayer
lvl.2

United States

Yes , I have to buy a new tablet , I also have a windows tablet. Would be nice to have a app instead.
2016-1-27
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft
United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-1-27 14:14
What weather was this like,  I had the same occurrence with 100% battery and after some testing it ...

It's not even -24° it's something like 10°F. Kind of annoying. iPads seem to work better at this.
2016-1-27
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-1-27 14:56
It's not even -24° it's something like 10°F. Kind of annoying. iPads seem to work better at this ...

Not -24°F just 24°F.  I know I was surprised myself....  This article was way before the IPhone 6 or 6S but when they tested the 4S (newest out at the time) it failed at 14°F http://www.huffingtonpost.com/20 ... ures_n_4561746.html

I use my ipad mini 2 sometimes but haven't tried it in the cold,  only thing I can think of is maybe the larger screen/  Bigger battery help keep the temp up on the ipad.  I think its much worse if it's windy conditions,  the day I was out when the 6S plus failed on me, the temp was around 5°F but the wind chill was -17°F (Gotta love Chicago).

When it came back on after I warmed it up , I stood in the doorway just enough to get out of the direct wind, and flew for another 15min or so without issue.
2016-1-27
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-1-27 15:05
Not -24°F just 24°F.  I know I was surprised myself....  This article was way before the IPhone  ...

Oh, hah, I saw the tilde as a minus. Apparently some people have had success with using one of those warmer packets and mounting it behind the phone, sandwiching it between the phone and the cradle.
2016-1-27
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-1-27 16:23
Oh, hah, I saw the tilde as a minus. Apparently some people have had success with using one of tho ...

Not a bad thought,  This is my GF's first winter in Chicago after living in Florida so we are actually stocked up on those!  I'll have to give it a shot and report back!
2016-1-27
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Trilithon Posted at 2015-8-8 12:15

I use *nix and Winders at work for a power company, read: Critical ...

OS haterz tend to be the ones who have bought $250 laptops with AMD A1 processors and 2GB of RAM, and wonder why "windows" is slow and freezing.

I'd love to see a windows version of DGI go, but don't see it actually happening. I'm also not sure how a windows device would work with the USB port on the Phantom controller.
2016-1-27
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Unless I missed some sort of sarcasm here, Apple OS is far from Unix, although it did originate from BSD which is a branch of UNIX, it is very very far from Pure Unix in it's current form.
2016-1-27
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

mac sucks!
2016-1-27
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-1-27 16:24
Not a bad thought,  This is my GF's first winter in Chicago after living in Florida so we are actu ...

Hah, I live in Chicago. Bucktown actually. Hit me up if you ever want to go flying. I hope your GF likes winters… though this one hasn't been too bad so far…
2016-1-27
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-1-27 17:17
Hah, I live in Chicago. Bucktown actually. Hit me up if you ever want to go flying. I hope your GF ...

Ah So you can relate.    Yea the gf is already over it, she was grumbling once it hit low 40's.  Little does she know this is about as mild as it gets.   I actually moved from Roscoe Village out to the suburbs last year, although I want to get into the city to do some flying.  Where do you usually fly?
2016-1-28
Use props
lidolido77
lvl.1

United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-1-28 07:56
Ah So you can relate.    Yea the gf is already over it, she was grumbling once it hit low 40's.  L ...

Holstein Park is less than a block from my place and has a decent sized field to move around in, which is good because I've started using Autopilot to nail down cinematic moves (I come from a heavy duty photo background). I do want to head up to Horner because the fields are huge - something like 30 acres for the fields, and the park is 55 or so. This cold makes me annoyed after two batteries though...

Also the lake, especially the south side beaches, when it's not windy.

Got any good spots?
2016-1-29
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

I just did northerly island today it was a ghost town and a nice day. That's the first time I've brought it into Chicago and I had somewhere else to go so I ran out a battery and left.  Definitely a nice spot though.
2016-1-30
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

I'm still a rookie with all the adjustments so I got some OK videos not great. About half of what I took has little white specs on it or vertical lines in some areas I'm hoping it's just a setting I've got screwed up and not a defect.
2016-1-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ryan209 Posted at 2016-1-31 15:47
I'm still a rookie with all the adjustments so I got some OK videos not great. About half of what I  ...

If you want help with this, burying it in a thread with another title is not going to get much attention.

However, it sounds like you are trying to shoot night scenes at too low a light level.
2016-1-30
Use props
aACasr2Gx6zO
New
Flight distance : 40246 ft
Germany

This thread was kidnapped by Apple and Android nerds - please call the FBI, CIA and Donald Trump!
2016-10-4
Use props
fans31f9018e
New
Flight distance : 34557 ft
United States

I  have a dell windows 10 laptop that runs the DJI GO app perfectly under Android emulation. It also runs the simulator and Litchi with almost twice the performance of my samsung s6 or my ipad. All you have to do is download the RemixOS android emulator for X86 chipsets and install it via win 10. It will ask you to reboot and then you will be given the option pf booting into Android or Windows. Choose android and then do the obvious go to the playstore and download your quad apps. and then connect to the quads wifi. It works perfectly. I see no downside to doing it this way yet. Here is the link

remixOs
2017-2-28
Use props
Ivar Harry Berg
lvl.1
Norway

#Quick Reply Here#download free dji go 4--for drones win 10
2019-2-9
Use props
Ivar Harry Berg
lvl.1
Norway

dji go 4--for drones win 10
2019-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ivar Harry Berg Posted at 2-9 07:17
#Quick Reply Here#download free dji go 4--for drones win 10

Are you that bored? Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ivar Harry Berg Posted at 2-9 07:17
dji go 4--for drones win 10

Start a new thread, instead of stirring up the dust.... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules