Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A2/F2 Camera Shutter with Zenmuse Gimbal
3388 16 2015-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HMArnold.msn
First Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Has anyone been able to get the F2 Servo output port to work for autonomous missions when hooked up to a Zenmuse gimbal without using an SBus Decoder board?

Several DJU customers have been trying to get this to work, and we can't get DJI to respond in any form.

Since we can't get it to work, we don't know why, but it appears that it could be that when the Zenmuse gets it's Pitch/Roll/Shutter/Aux commands over the CAN bus, the Shutter command on the CAN bus overrides the Shutter command for the GP Servo Action signal coming out of the A2 F2 port going into the SHUT servo port on the side of the Zenmuse controller.

On systems equipped with an SBUS Decoder board where all the signals come into the Zenmuse as 3-wire servo signals, the system works fine because all you do is swap the SHUT servo wire from the SBus Decoder board with the F2 servo wire.

Serveral of us have verified that the F2 port works by hooking the F2 servo 3 wire set up to the landing gear, then pressing the TRIGGER command in the PC Ground Station GP Servo Action Setup page.

Does anyone have a system where the F2 port works with just an A2 and a Zenmuse gimbal?

If so, we would very much like to be able to study your setup.

Any suggestions appreciated.
2015-8-7
Use props
flaviomjr@mcse. This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-8-11
Use props
chris_t
Second Officer

Germany

flaviomjr@mcse. Posted at 2015-8-12 03:23
Have you tried using UGCS application?  I have just downloaded it and will be trying it with my S900 ...

Well, with the GPS Exporter / Data Viewer it is not as difficult the export the coordinates as sometimes read of.

But there are several limitations within the GS software. Therefore I'm curious about the UgCS. Which version did you download?

Please keep us posted about your experiences with it.

Regards
Chris
2015-8-11
Use props
2015-8-12
Use props
chris_t
Second Officer

Germany

flaviomjr@mcse. Posted at 2015-8-13 00:06
Hey Chris, I honestly didn't play with gps explorer / data viewer since I saw that there was so mu ...

Hey flaviomjr,

there have been some issues exporting the coordinates when using an A2, because the software did not read the log file properly. Once again poor product quality management from DJI. With the latest update of the Data Viewer everything works fine now. With the WooKong-M it's coordinates are easily exported with the GPS Exporter.
People often complain, that they can't export coordinates, but nearly always, they did fly manually and not a planned mission. Of course you need to use the photogrammetry tool.
Once exported, you have a simple .txt-file with all the values needed. And frankly, I don't see where there is a problem with decimal degrees.
Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of room for improvement of the GS.

I fly a Scarabot X8 with WooKong-M, iOSD Mark II, Dragon gimbal for GH3 and a gimbal for a GoPro Hero 3 + thermal cam combination and a S800EVO with A2, iOSD Mark II, Zenmuse Z15 GH3, 700TVL FPV cam.

What I was curious about was, if you downloaded the 'One'-, the 'Pro'- or just the 'Open'- version. I wonder, if it's really necessary to go for the 'Pro' - 2000 USD is nothing to pay out of petty cash.

Regards
Chris
2015-8-13
Use props
2015-8-13
Use props
chris_t
Second Officer

Germany

flaviomjr@mcse. Posted at 2015-8-13 23:00
Thanks for the reply Chris,

But does the log include the time stamp for the coordinates?  I need  ...

No, there are no timestamps. But what do you need time stamps for.
If you want a georeferenced orthophoto / orthomosaic, you don't need time stamps. The link between the coordinates and the pictures is the filename, not the time when the single shot was taken. I work with Agisoft Photoscan, but also tried Pix4D, and there were / is no need for a time stamp.
2015-8-14
Use props
2015-8-25
Use props
chris_t
Second Officer

Germany

Good evening (at least at this end) flaviomjr.

Used would be a bit exaggerated, I gave it a try - just to see wether it is worth the extra costs (compared to AgiSoft Photoscan).

All you need are your pictures and the coordinates (exported from the iOSD-FLYxxx.DAT).
First import your pictures, then import the coordinates from file. The order of the coordinates is Long - Lat - Alt.
The only issue is, that you will have to kill the first two columns (count / action) of the exported txt-file.

Best regards
Chris
2015-8-27
Use props
jameshoare
lvl.1

United Kingdom

chris_t Posted at 2015-8-27 19:20
Good evening (at least at this end) flaviomjr.

Used would be a bit exaggerated, I gave it a try - j ...

Hi
When you take pictures on a GH4 via A2 / IOSD - how do you know when the images are taken - is this the IOSD GPS log you can download

James
2015-8-31
Use props
chris_t
Second Officer

Germany

jameshoare Posted at 2015-8-31 19:38
Hi
When you take pictures on a GH4 via A2 / IOSD - how do you know when the images are taken - is  ...

Hi James.

When you fly a photogrammetry mission, the iOSD will record the position of the aircraft each time the camera has been triggered. These are the coordinates you can export from the iOSD FLYxxx.DAT later on.
First set of coordinates (Long/Lat/Alt) belongs to the first picture taken - given everything works as it should.
Then it depends on the software how to import pictures and coordinates. E.g. within Photoscan pictures and coordinates are linked by the filename of the picture.
During the mission little triangles on the flight path indicate the position of the aircraft when a picture is taken.

Cheers
Chris
2015-8-31
Use props
jameshoare
lvl.1

United Kingdom

chris_t Posted at 2015-8-31 18:57
Hi James.

When you fly a photogrammetry mission, the iOSD will record the position of the aircraf ...

Chris
Thank you - v helpful
I am using Pix4D

James
2015-9-5
Use props
chris_t
Second Officer

Germany

jameshoare Posted at 2015-9-5 19:15
Chris
Thank you - v helpful
I am using Pix4D

You're welcome
Glad I could help.
2015-9-6
Use props
2015-9-17
Use props
chris_t
Second Officer

Germany

flaviomjr@mcse. Posted at 2015-9-18 07:26
Chris is there a specific format for the gps .txt file?   I have dropped the first two columns (co ...

Hello flaviomjr,

the filenames of the pictures are not in the GPS-file.
They can't be in there, because the iOSD does not know, which camera you fly with and how the picture files are named by the camera used.

When I tried Pix4D it worked fine. First I added the photos, after that the exported txt-file.
I'm no expert when it comes to Pix4D. Everything I can say at this point is, that it should work.
Have you tried getting an answer from the Pix4D team?
Sorry, that I can't help you on this particular problem.

Chris
2015-9-20
Use props
chris_t
Second Officer

Germany

flaviomjr@mcse. Posted at 2015-9-18 07:26
Chris is there a specific format for the gps .txt file?   I have dropped the first two columns (co ...

Hello flaviomjr,

the filenames of the pictures are not in the GPS-file.
They can't be in there, because the iOSD does not know, which camera you fly with and how the picture files are named by the camera used.

When I tried Pix4D it worked fine. First I added the photos, after that the exported txt-file.
I'm no expert when it comes to Pix4D. Everything I can say at this point is, that it should work.
Have you tried getting an answer from the Pix4D team?
Sorry, that I can't help you on this particular problem.

Chris
2015-9-20
Use props
northernmonkeyx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 609006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So are we saying the dji GS will log the lat long and alt in the iosd data?
Why would we need to use the UGCS if this is the case?
2015-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules