DJI Virtual Flight app doesn't connect to Goggles 2
8038 16 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salimax
New
France

Hi,

I wanna try the virtual flight before flying the Avata wwith the Goggles 2.

The drone and the goggles have been appaired via Dji Fly.

When I launch the Dji Virtual Flight, I chose goggles + motion controler then I follow the instructions :
The Avata is off
Turn on the goggles
Plug the iphone cable to the goggles and my iphone (the phone vibrates, it recognizes the cable)
Turn on the motion controler

But the app is still waiting for the connexion, its loading and nothing happen...

Someone knows why ?

Thank you
2022-9-1
Use props
fansba75d8b4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same issue myself with an iPhone 12 Pro Max, Virtual Flight is version 1.41 and I am on the latest firmware for the Avata and the Googles v2
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_yCYmifHpLd8Z
lvl.1
United States

Yesterday DJI chat told me that Virtual Flight does not support Goggles 2 yet.  They said they are working on it now.
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_E4MAUpoA2NZi
lvl.1

Norway

djiuser_yCYmifHpLd8Z Posted at 9-2 09:45
Yesterday DJI chat told me that Virtual Flight does not support Goggles 2 yet.  They said they are working on it now.

Why advertise it if it doesnt work
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_BurWImOQ4BK6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for replying - DJI please solve this as many are waiting to practice …. Strange how no one has picked up on this on YouTube or any forum ….
2022-9-3
Use props
fansba75d8b4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_yCYmifHpLd8Z Posted at 9-2 09:45
Yesterday DJI chat told me that Virtual Flight does not support Goggles 2 yet.  They said they are working on it now.

I've seen guys on YouTube using it with the Goggles2 so this can't be right.
2022-9-4
Use props
dkemme
lvl.1

United States

I too have struggled with this but just noticed an option in the left menu, down at the bottom select more... and the first choice is APP DJI Virtual Flight. After I selected I started the App on my phone, plugged into the headset and it is working!  
2022-9-4
Use props
dkemme
lvl.1

United States

Oops, duplicate.
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_BurWImOQ4BK6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Omg thank you so much !! Just tried it and now feel sick
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_BurWImOQ4BK6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dkemme Posted at 9-4 13:23
I too have struggled with this but just noticed an option in the left menu, down at the bottom select more... and the first choice is APP DJI Virtual Flight. After I selected I started the App on my phone, plugged into the headset and it is working!

2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_BurWImOQ4BK6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think I’ve made a serious mistake- I am seriously sea sick now -
Not sure I can do this …. Might have to go back to my mavic !
2022-9-4
Use props
fansba75d8b4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dkemme Posted at 9-4 13:23
I too have struggled with this but just noticed an option in the left menu, down at the bottom select more... and the first choice is APP DJI Virtual Flight. After I selected I started the App on my phone, plugged into the headset and it is working!

Well spotted! Works for me too, can't find reference to it anywhere in the instructions! Anyway, that was fun, feeling a bit woozy though, going to take some getting used to!
2022-9-5
Use props
moridh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2170876 ft
Malaysia

This works for me:

Start Virtual Flight first, until the screen to connect the goggles.
It seems that if DJI Fly was set to open when goggles are detected, it somehow kinda hijack the connect trigger away from Virtual Flight.
Not sure if there's a way to disable the auto open DJI Fly, so just uninstall & reinstall. Then decline when asked to auto open upon goggles connect.

Hope this help...
2022-9-7
Use props
livni
New
United States

Even with the tips above, I'm unable to make my Avata connect to my Android DJI Virtual Flight...
DJI - please help!
I get 3 different prompts, each with an additional checkmark - see below. Perhaps I didn't find the right combination of what to choose?

2022-9-30
Use props
livni
New
United States

livni Posted at 9-30 15:11
Even with the tips above, I'm unable to make my Avata connect to my Android DJI Virtual Flight...
DJI - please help!
I get 3 different prompts, each with an additional checkmark - see below. Perhaps I didn't find the right combination of what to choose?

It worked when I uninstalled DJI Fly (and didn't reinstall)
2022-9-30
Use props
djiuser_3FaT6gCsedYY
lvl.1
United States

I've been trying it that way from the beginning (selecting virtual flight from goggles menu) .. still not completing setup with goggles 2.
2023-3-22
Use props
frozenwind
New
United Kingdom

livni Posted at 2022-9-30 15:23
It worked when I uninstalled DJI Fly (and didn't reinstall)

I did the same but once I grant the access DJI Glass the Virtual Flight makes force close/exit the app.
If no access is given to DJI Glass - it basically can't find the Goggles
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules