A tablet thaat wont crash with DJI Piliot app
2638 10 2015-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcl16
New

United States

I am looking for a cheap tablet to fly my phantom using the DJI Piliot app. I know that the app crahse a lot with tablets and so far I have only had sucess using my brothers Iphone 6. My galaxy s3 wint work. So I have been looking everywhere and the obvious choice is an ipad but there to much money. I found a RCa tablet on sale for 80 normally 100. Its specs are  Android Tablet 1 GB RAM 1 GHz Quad Core Processor
Also saw
Acer Iconia B1-730 7" Android Tablet with 1GB RAM and 8GB Hard Drive

I just need a tablet to run the app. That is it. Something simple that will work to fly.

2015-8-7
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of commonly used tablets here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/which-device-s-do-you-use-to-run-the-dji-pilot-app.48525

Then, follow the instructions at the appropriate link below to ensure your tablet is running as efficiently as possible.

For Android devices: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=16777&pid=146682&fromuid=6149
For Apple devices: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-optimize-apple-device-for-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

absolutely impossible to find!!!
i have tried almost all androids and ios devices.
imo, apple has worked the best. im not saying it doesnt crash!! im saying it has worked the best. just an opinion and from having used almost all listed on dji website!!
2015-8-7
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

I use a galaxy tab 4. It has never crashed and doesnt run hot. I think you can get one in the USA for about a hundred bucks.
2015-8-7
Use props
tcoleyrn
lvl.2

United States

I use a Nexus 7 (2013) and never had an app crash...BUT I do place it in airplane mode and kill other apps before using DJI Pilot.
2015-8-7
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

I use my iPhone 6+ and I have not experienced any DJI app issues.  I will probably upgrade to an IPAD Air 2 or IPAD Mini 3 due to the larger view of the app.  Safe and Fun Flying!
2015-8-8
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

iPad mini 2 never crashed or lagged
2015-8-8
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

My Ipad is crashing persistently , i do not know about the problem, but it does, i opened a thread about it, if anybody could help i will be grateful, thanks in advance...
2015-8-8
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

If you go with Android, make sure it uses an ARM processor and not an Atom because the app uses native compiled ARM libraries.

I use a dedicated  8 inch Galaxy 4. I think it is perfect size. Not too small and not too big sitting on the remote. Couple of years old and works fine. You can get them pretty cheap now.

Also remember that you have to have internet to get live maps. Yes you can cache them, but having cellular in your tab I think is more convenient.
2015-8-8
Use props
sludgeface
lvl.1

Canada

I got an Nvidia Shield tablet, and it's functioned flawlessly with my P3.
2015-8-8
Use props
fovetekuz
lvl.1

India

The acer tab that you mention in your post is good but sometime it also crashes various apps so in future if you plan to go for this model then i recommend you to please follow given tips to prevent app crashing. The source of these tips are Acer B1-730 Manual:
Make Space on Your Device.
Clear Your App Data From Time to Time
Don’t Use Different Network Types
Uninstall those apps you don’t use or need

2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules