How do you retrieve screen recordings from RC controller?
4515 10 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Black Diesel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66503 ft
United States

I'm on a Mac.  Any idea how to get the screen recordings transferred off the RC remote?  I tried Android File Transfer and it doesn't work.  I also tried sending via bluetooth to my iPhone but that didn't work either.  Can they be copied to the micro SD card in the controller?

Let me know.
2022-9-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I was also trying and failed to get this. Maybe someone can help us both.
2022-9-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

First, Black Diesel, a side question - are you on the GTA?
I have the RC Pro, so I'm not sure they're in the same location.
Open - files/pictures/screenshots
Then copy them over. I hope this helps.
2022-9-3
Use props
Black Diesel
lvl.2
United States

I just figured this out.  All you need to do is take the micro SD card out of the remote and plug it into the MAC.  The screen recordings are there in the movies folder.  I searched and searched for this and could not find it as most everything else locates these files on the internal storage.  SD card worked!
2022-9-3
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Black Diesel Posted at 9-3 10:21
I just figured this out.  All you need to do is take the micro SD card out of the remote and plug it into the MAC.  The screen recordings are there in the movies folder.  I searched and searched for this and could not find it as most everything else locates these files on the internal storage.  SD card worked!

You can always use a cable so you don't have to remove SD card...
2022-9-3
Use props
Black Diesel
lvl.2
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 9-3 11:44
You can always use a cable so you don't have to remove SD card...

The cable does not work on a MAC, that's the first thing I tried.  I searched for other solutions and someone said to use the Android app with the cable.  I tried that and it connected with that but I was not able to access the video files.  
2022-9-3
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

RE: How do you retrieve screen recordings from RC controller?

Black Diesel Posted at 9-3 12:25
The cable does not work on a MAC, that's the first thing I tried.  I searched for other solutions and someone said to use the Android app with the cable.  I tried that and it connected with that but I was not able to access the video files.

Yeah, though DJI wrote in a different thread, that USB-C can be used for data transfer with a PC, the Mac doesn't recognize the RC :-(

The RC though shows, that it is connected. But it seems to expect an Android device :-(

@DJI: Please fix that.
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Black Diesel Posted at 9-3 10:21
I just figured this out.  All you need to do is take the micro SD card out of the remote and plug it into the MAC.  The screen recordings are there in the movies folder.  I searched and searched for this and could not find it as most everything else locates these files on the internal storage.  SD card worked!

Hello there Black Diesel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that the issue has been rectified and for giving us these information on how you have solved the issue. Thank you.
2022-9-3
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-3 19:55
Hello there Black Diesel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that the issue has been rectified and for giving us these information on how you have solved the issue. Thank you.

Sorry, but this answer implies, that DJI is not interested to solve the macOS connection problem :-(
2022-9-3
Use props
TimDowd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97621 ft
Spain

I may be late to this party Oct 2022, but the Android file app works  on my iMac and opens automatically when I plug in the controller.
2022-10-26
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Cannot get footage off RC controller DJI, Windows 10 does not see anything in the movies folder on the SD card. A pain to constantly remove the card please can you fix this one.
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules