1152 6 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShaneYeager
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912507 ft
United States

Hey!

Is anyone else getting a ton of image noise in their blacks with this camera?

At the Native ISO it is so poor. Anything above 200 ISO is borderline not usable.

Do I have a bad sensor or is this the norm?

48 frames is mostly clean at 200iso, rest is yucky.

I'll attach some frames when I'm back with setting details.

Is there a plan to fix this with firmware?, will 8k be much better?, (if it is, will there be a heavily discounted option to move up to that sensor since we are basically your paid alpha/beta testers)

Blackmagic also suffers from noisy blacks with red dotting so its not a simple fix I'm sure.

Why not add a feature to black balance, maybe that will help with fixed pattern noise?

Thanks

2022-9-3
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you done anything with noise reduction in camera?

What format/ codec?

I have seen some noise in reds.
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you please try to reduce the noise by your post production program and check again? If that does not solve the issue, you may send a sample video and the firmware information to us, we will double-check with our engineers. You can upload the file to Dropbox and send the link here.
2022-9-4
Use props
ShaneYeager
lvl.2
United States

rone4d Posted at 9-3 23:31
Have you done anything with noise reduction in camera?

What format/ codec?

I could be spoiled because I shoot mostly on Red Gemini's and their handling of noise is exceptional.

I'd think because it's a FF sensor it could easily handle 800 and below ISO's very cleanly. It also isn't a global shutter which can make it a light and power hog.

I have played with all settings -2 to 2 and the result is the same.

What I can do is a camera test for each of these settings! That would be really helpful to in showing the benefits and issues of H264 to 4444.
2022-9-4
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting comments.

I've just got shut of a Komodo and that had awful noise - which clearly needs processing to get the best from. (I know that's not the same as the Gemini sensor.)

My R4D is damn clean apart from noise I've seen in the Red at certain light levels.

Be interesting to see some shots?

2022-9-5
Use props
ShaneYeager
lvl.2
United States

rone4d Posted at 9-5 11:46
Interesting comments.

I've just got shut of a Komodo and that had awful noise - which clearly needs processing to get the best from. (I know that's not the same as the Gemini sensor.)

Komodo is junk.

I realized premiere had scale to frame vs fit to size and when I took into resolve it was night and day different.

Forgot my comments.. it is very clean. I'm a bozo.
2022-9-6
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah interesting.!
2022-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now