1916 17 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177408 ft
Ireland

Hello,

I am looking for help in using the DJI Log Viewer as offered through the Phantom Log View web page.

I am running my DJI Assistant 2 on a MAC OSX system and I cannot get this utility to work whatever I try.

I have been in touch with who i believe is the developer of the java code and his response was that no Dat data is being exported to my log files, this is the sequence of events that occur before i try to use the utility to convert from .Dat to .txt

• Connect Mavic 3 to the MAC
  • Start DJI Assistant 2 (the latest version available)
  • Locate the Log file via the Log file export option.
  • Select the day of the flight I wish to check and export to my downloads folder on the MAC
  • Once the Log file has been exported and converted to .Dat file i start the ExtractDJI.jar file ( note on my system as it detects that i am using DJI Assitant 2 it specifies that i need to run the Extract file instead of the normal DatCon.x.y.z)
  • Using the prompts supplied by the utility i select the .DAT input file and then select the destination folder for the resulting .txt file and then the Go option.
  • The utility runs for a short while and then ends with what looks like a normal ending... the word Done is displayed within the prompts display of the Utility.
  • I then locate the destination folder specified to look for the resulting .txt file and there is no sign of any file created by the utility.

????? What am I doing wrong, please?

Thank You
JohnW

2022-9-3
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

why won't you use online log viewers?
2022-9-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HI,

convert from .Dat to .txt ??

The online Phantomhelp needs a flightlog txt file, like this "DJIFlightRecord_2022-05-02_[14-00-20].txt"
Found on your device.

Not all DAT files  can be decrypted, so start with the *txt logs.

BTW  if you buy the offline FlightReader.exe ; offline logs to csv file.

Or use FRAP, the 'best' analysis tool for flightlogs. (search FRAP on this forum)

cheers
JJB

2022-9-4
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

fateofangel Posted at 9-4 02:01
why won't you use online log viewers?

Hello,

Thought I was, is not Phantom log viewer online???

JohnW
2022-9-4
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 9-4 02:09
HI,

convert from .Dat to .txt ??

Hello,

Yes am aware of the need to use .txt files but cannot get the DatCon utility to work or even the CSVIew utility or the ExtractDJI utility....

That is my issue.....

I will look at the others you mention.

thx
JohnW
2022-9-4
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

JJB,

The key issue appears to be that i operate a MAC OSX system FRAP is listed as Windows only .

JohnW

2022-9-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ejwjohn Posted at 9-4 04:45
JJB,

The key issue appears to be that i operate a MAC OSX system FRAP is listed as Windows only .

oops oke....

FRAP is indeed for Windows only....(mayby simulate W in your Mac)

cheers
JJB
2022-9-4
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

No not going to do that,.

Windows is full of security bugs anyway thanks for trying to sort out my issue.thanks

JohnW
2022-9-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ejwjohn Posted at 9-4 23:31
No not going to do that,.

Windows is full of security bugs anyway thanks for trying to sort out my issue.thanks

So far this all seems very confused and confusing.
What is it that you are trying to achieve?
2022-9-5
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

Apologies, if it sounds confusing... i am trying to plan ahead...

I am still relatively new to Drone flying and DJI, and over the months i keep reading the posts on this and other forums, and repeatedly the subject of uploading the log files to Phantom Log viewer keeps coming up, especially when pilots have experienced some unknown or unexplained event with their Drone.

So i wanted to make sure that in the event i had a similar experience i know how to get the relevant info out there for the experts on the forum to offer advice etc.

Simple i thought but then the issues started to appear, the log viewer will only accept.txt files and the DJI assistant 2 only exports the log files in .Dat format files.....

TO convert .Dat format to txt or CSV, you need a utility called DatCon, which i have, however that utility is not compatible with DJI Assistant 2 so you have to use another utility called ExtractDJI.jar, which i have and when I use it I cannot get any resulting exported files...... so i cannot use the log viewer as i do not have access to the compatible files needed.

And this is the issue right now.

JohnW
2022-9-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ejwjohn Posted at 9-5 03:34
Apologies, if it sounds confusing... i am trying to plan ahead...

I am still relatively new to Drone flying and DJI, and over the months i keep reading the posts on this and other forums, and repeatedly the subject of uploading the log files to Phantom Log viewer keeps coming up, especially when pilots have experienced some unknown or unexplained event with their Drone.

So i wanted to make sure that in the event i had a similar experience i know how to get the relevant info out there for the experts on the forum to offer advice etc.
It's pretty simple.
All that's needed for almost all incidents is the .txt file, or upload to Phantomhelp log viewer and post a link to the report it provides.
2022-9-6
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

OK, At the risk of being both Stupid and very slow.... where does this .txt file come from exactly??

Because using my systems there are none??

Thx

John W
2022-9-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Easier way is to open a free Airdata account. You can auto sync your flight data from the Fly app. From the Airdata site, you can download the csv, original, GPX or KML files.
2022-9-6
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

Mobilehomer... thank You very much for this lead, NOW i understand why i am gettig so much trouble finding the .txt Flight records.

I have been using the USB mode to connect either the Drone(s) or the Controller to my Mac systems and i assumed that the flight logs available when you have the equipment connected to the Macs were the Flight logs needed... your intro to Airdata has cleared that up..thank You
I have now at least uploaded one flight from my iPhone and seen the facilities offered by Airdata.... now am working to see how i can upload the flight records from the new DJI RC controller which i had when i purchased the Mini3 Pro.

Once again Thank You... real Progress at last..

JohnW
2022-9-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

ejwjohn Posted at 9-6 08:10
Mobilehomer... thank You very much for this lead, NOW i understand why i am gettig so much trouble finding the .txt Flight records.

I have been using the USB mode to connect either the Drone(s) or the Controller to my Mac systems and i assumed that the flight logs available when you have the equipment connected to the Macs were the Flight logs needed... your intro to Airdata has cleared that up..thank You

On the new RC, go into fly/profile/settings then enable auto sync.
2022-9-6
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

magic.... thanks i will look at that.

JohnW
2022-9-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ejwjohn Posted at 9-6 06:26
OK, At the risk of being both Stupid and very slow.... where does this .txt file come from exactly??

Because using my systems there are none??

Your app generates the .txt file and saves it in the phone/tablet you fly with.
Instructions to find it are in this link:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

2022-9-6
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

Hello,

Thank you for providing this link i was not originally aware of this, however, now things have changed as i purchased the Mini 3 Pro and the new RC controller and no longer use my iphone.

So the previous responder to this thread and their recommendation to use  Airdata appears to cover all the bases.

THank You

JohnW
2022-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules