Follow Me, Point of Interest, and Waypoints
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ckizer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369177 ft
United States

I saw this "coming soon" image for the new standard model. Will these features be coming with a software update to the Professional and Advanced models as well? Is it sometime this year?

I really hope so, I'm about to purchase the Phantom 3 and these features make all the difference.

follow

follow
2015-8-7
Use props
HOHEI
New

Mexico

I am also very interested to know if PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED users can soon enjoy Point of Interest, Follow me, Way points and IOC???. Why these very interesting features are available in Pahntom 3 STANDARD and not in the more expensive Pahntom 3 ADVANCED?????.
2015-8-7
Use props
stephenprayogo
lvl.3

Australia

It's coming soon to all DJI Phantom 3 model. Please use the search function on the forum before creating a new thread.
2015-8-7
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal/status/628898525779079172
2015-8-8
Use props
sunnystaab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the Phantom 3 Standard definitively have "point of interest"..."follow me"...etc.  The product video would suggest it does...the product web info says those items are coming soon.
Anybody?
2015-8-17
Use props
rzade
lvl.1

United States

Simple answer? NO!
2015-8-17
Use props
brunosilvino
New
Flight distance : 574 ft
Canada

any news about these features? app update? I want it so bad... hopefully before Sept 4th
2015-8-18
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

you could try 3rd party app that already "turn-on" that features (except follow-me).
but if you don't trust them, well, you can't expect it to be available before Sept 4th i believe.
2015-8-19
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

brunosilvino Posted at 2015-8-19 13:08
any news about these features? app update? I want it so bad... hopefully before Sept 4th

It will be coming soon ( might not make 4th Sep but you never know, depends how testing goes ).
2015-8-19
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

And when it comes it's proberly full with errors, so my advise, fist look ad this forum before downloading the FW update, all the others update,s contents errors so i suspect the new one olso will have problems..
It should have been there ad the first place if you release a new product like the PH3 and not anouce it later in cheaper basic model this makes no sence to me?
2015-8-19
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-19 18:47
And when it comes it's proberly full with errors, so my advise, fist look ad this forum before downl ...

did you mean "cheaper basic model" was P3 Standard?
as far as i know, the Standard is no any difference than its two brothers, P3P & P3A.
all of them were delivered with "coming soon features" since day 1.
2015-8-20
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

P3A & P3P have the lightbrige technology and two diverent sattelite systems + much more range and 4K camera so yes these types are more sofisticated then the standard type therefore the are more exensive, so it would be nice if DJI delivert these systems ad the first place and not later on a cheaper model as i say it makes no sence to me?
2015-8-20
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-21 00:28
P3A & P3P have the lightbrige technology and two diverent sattelite systems + much more range and 4K ...

as they share the same app (DJI Go app), i think the features should be released in the same time for all of them. if it does, i wouldn't mind for sure. i'm a P3P owner btw. so let's hope for the best.
2015-8-20
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P3P and P3A will definitely get the features the same time.. I would not be surprised that the P3S gets a new firmware also
2015-8-20
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Just be carefull with downloading at once, look on the forum first before instaling the new FW, my experience with new flightware is not so good, but hope that this comes soon, i had it on my old PH2 vision+ before i had a fly away but it works fine, you dont have to worry about flying annymore just concentrade on your foto and video footage.. In Amsterdam now is the event "sail 2015" with a lot of old tall schips, this could produce nice footage, but i dont now how to shoot video,s it is not permitted to fly over people, there are olmost a half million people on this event, it is olso not permitted to fly over water, so there you go, thanks Holland!
2015-8-20
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-21 05:39
Just be carefull with downloading at once, look on the forum first before instaling the new FW, my e ...

yes indeed. i would be very careful with any new firmware released, especially this P3 firmwares, as some of them could bring thrill experience. i'm a "wait-n-see" kind of person.
while most regulations were made for people's sake, but sometime they lead us into frustration, don't they?
it sounds like an awesome event you'll have in Amsterdam. if i live there, i would certainly have that temptation to shoot it with P3, but rule is a rule, right?
2015-8-21
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

Regardless of when it comes out, it needs to work correctly, so let them get on with building & testing the new features until they are happy with it. There are testers out there who are currently feeding information back to DJI.
I understand everyone is excited and want to get these features, but the more pressure you apply to DJI the more likely they are to release in a hurry and with faults, then you all go off complaining that does not work properly, in fact some are already preempting that already!!!  Good things come to those who wait.
2015-8-21
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

Currently there are people who are not happy with the line of sight rule or even the 2Km range spec and are finding ways to extend to 4Km and beyond.  Whilst I appreciate the human desire to test boundaries there are some reservations I have with POI etc in the wrong hands.  Example, what is to stop a UAV Pilot flying such distances mentioned above to a chosen POI and not know whether there are other UAV's at that POI (even with FPV), power/telecommunication lines or even an Air Ambulance in attendance treating a patient.

I do not know if there are any safe guards built into these features to limit the distance you can fly to a POI etc...  Maybe DJI or one of the tester can enlighten us.
2015-8-21
Use props
philbulla
New
Flight distance : 24892 ft
United States

DJI, Please give POI, Waypoint, and Follow Me to P3P ASAP.  3rd party apps are a crapshoot.  We need these features from YOU, the developers of our Phantoms so that we know you are supporting us with the quality and excellence we have invested in.  At the least, please let us know when these features are coming.  
2015-8-25
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

New features are coming. DJI shows them off a bit in the following video:

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-25
Use props
mgsf
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-26 04:40
New features are coming. DJI shows them off a bit in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/w ...

Great...ETA?
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

here we go again:
for god sake, they said six months from date of release. what do u think you are going to do with those features? that u cant manually. r u in sports? r u going to want it to follow you as you are doing whatever, in that case get ready to strap the rc and device to your body somewhere as it needs a gps enabled device connected to your rc!!
2015-8-25
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI doesn't give ETAs. Since they are clearly using it in the DJI GO app, then I can only assume it must be close to being ready.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-8-25
Use props
mgsf
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 04:57
here we go again:
for god sake, they said six months from date of release. what do u think you are g ...

With all due respect, no, apparently YOU'RE going again.

Not for God's sake but for my wallet's sake...
We anticipate waypoints will make mission planning related to our aerial surveying and mapping efforts a bit more efficient...ya think? Probably not as your posting reflects.

Carry on.
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

mgsf@embarqmail Posted at 2015-8-26 05:07
With all due respect, no, apparently YOU'RE going again.

Not for God's sake but for my wallet's  ...

Then wait til the 6months is over and then u would have a valid question!
2015-8-25
Use props
mgsf
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-26 05:02
DJI doesn't give ETAs. Since they are clearly using it in the DJI GO app, then I can only assume i ...

Pardon me, I was misled by your PhantomHelp.com moniker.
Just realized your YouTube video is a week stale.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
2015-8-25
Use props
mgsf
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 05:10
Then wait til the 6months is over and then u would have a valid question!

Uh huh.
Carry on.
2015-8-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's coming people just hold on a little bit more..
be happy, go fly
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-26 05:27
It's coming people  just hold on a little bit more..
be happy, go fly

yea but i want it now i paid good money for something that was promised to be out in 6 months, i cant live without it, i want it NOW.
HOOOOOO, what a mess
2015-8-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 05:29
yea but i want it now i paid good money for something that was promised to be out in 6 months, i c ...

2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-26 05:32

Me me me me me!!!
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now