Phantom 3 Standard - Glorified P2?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the p3 standard uses the same flight controller as the p3 advanced  and professional or if it uses naza-m like the P1 Amd P2.  I'm wondering because I'm hoping for lightbridge, naza-m, and zenmuse support with the dji go or pilot app..  my Flamewheel F550 is totally capable of the dji go app. Every feature the p3 has my F550 has except for the smart battery and bps, but then again the p3 standard doesn't have Vps from what I've seen about it...  I can't wait until someone cracks one open and makes a you tube video on its guts
2015-8-7
Use props
Francese82
lvl.1

United States

http://youtu.be/26JclrdPByk
2015-8-15
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

The biggest feature of the P3 is the app ! and the lightbridge and good gimbal/camera. The F550 is totally different, its much heavier and it dont have the Inspire/P3 camera with app support. Lightbridge long range HD video can be added for over 1000 dollar. You will need groundstation as well for waypoints. It dont offer glonass as far as i know. There is no way to remote control the gopro with a DJI app. I cant imagine that the DJI go app will ever support naza controllers.  

It uses the Phantom3 flight controller, modified A2
2015-8-15
Use props
robb getts
lvl.1

United States

they will find a vision+ hiding in there hoping nobody finds his little ass.im pissed it has more options then the advanced that has been out longer.guess we know why they "discontinued the vision+".nothing but lies from dji.
2015-8-16
Use props
Seb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659003 ft
Poland

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-16 04:21
The biggest feature of the P3 is the app ! and the lightbridge and good gimbal/camera. The F550 is t ...

In fact, there is no Lightbridge on P3S board, only WiFi link. P3S is more a P2V+ evolution, with some commons with P3 - 4S battery, DJI GO application, propulsion. But more is missing from P3A/P3P than added to P2V+.

First of all, there is no Lightbridge video downlink, but reworked WiFi link that allows for HD video transmission. Lightbridge is a video-oriented technology while WiFi is a general purpose digital link - when used as a dedicated video link it shows some downsides.

Second thing - camera. Some people may be excited with 2.7K mode in P3S, especially when more expensive P3A offers only 1080P. But P3S camera doesn't allow you to use screw-on filters. More important thing - P3S camera uses Panasonic Smart FSI image sensor in place of Sony Exmor R, used in P3A and P3P. First is a typical frontside illuminated sensor (FSI), while second is a backside illuminated sensor (BSI). What does this mean? I won't dig into technical details (you can find it in the Internet), but one of the most important advantages of BSI sensor over FSI is low light performance. In BSI sensors there is much more light captured by each pixel, because it's not hidden by matrix wires.

Third thing - GPS. P3S uses an older, single-constellation (GPS) receiver. P3A and P3P have dual-constellation (GPS and GLONASS) receiver, which results in doubled accuracy and reliability.

Fourth thing - there is no VPS. VPS is not a big deal, but it helps quite significantly when hovering near the ground. Remember - there is no vision sensor only, but also ultrasonic distance sensor. It works even if there is no usable visual pattern on the ground that could be used by VPS.

Fifth thing - RC controller lack of some buttons that are useful, like shutter, video record or two user-defined buttons. It's really good idea to have some things just under the fingertip. RC range is also limited - for a FPV camera multicopter 500-1000 m of control range is definitely not enough.

Phantom 3 Standard is more like upgraded member of Phantom 2 family than simplest member of Phantom 3 family. Please note - you only need to exchange gimbal&camera assembly to upgrade P3A to P3P. At the same time there is not possible to upgrade P3S to higher version in any way.
2015-8-16
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

robb getts Posted at 2015-8-17 00:34
they will find a vision+ hiding in there hoping nobody finds his little ass.im pissed it has more op ...

Really? l have a Pro, but if l had a choice between P3A and P3S right now, l'd go P3A hands down, not even close.
2015-8-16
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Seb Posted at 2015-8-17 03:32
In fact, there is no Lightbridge on P3S board, only WiFi link. P3S is more a P2V+ evolution, with s ...

I was talking about the P3 pro vs a F550 flamewheel hexacopter. The p3 dont has lightbride and it has the old style controller, it offers much better range and HD video stream. its certainly not a vision+, much closer to a P3 pro or advanced. A2 flight controller, same shell, same mainboard, similar camera etc.. It only lacks vps, the remote, glonass and the long range of the lightbridge but still much bezter range than the vision+ and still HD
2015-8-16
Use props
Seb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659003 ft
Poland

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-17 04:20
I was talking about the P3 pro vs a F550 flamewheel hexacopter. The p3 dont has lightbride and it h ...

Sorry, my mistake - I didn't noticed it
2015-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules