Avata with RC Pro Controller
10261 29 2022-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
33DegreesNorth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1775177 ft
United States

Can the Avata be used with the RC Pro Controller? If not, are there plans to allow this in the future?
2022-9-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

no i don't think so.  are you wanting to not use the goggles and simply hold the remote and using the built-in screen to fly fpv?
2022-9-6
Use props
33DegreesNorth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1775177 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-6 19:04
no i don't think so.  are you wanting to not use the goggles and simply hold the remote and using the built-in screen to fly fpv?

I would of course us the goggles, but was hoping to use the RC Pro as controller - I love the feel of it. I’ve tried the wand thing with the first FPV and didn’t care for it
2022-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata is only compatible with the DJI Motion Controller and the DJI FPV remote controller 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its the wrong type of controller to fly fpv as the sticks auto centre which is not what you want for FPV manual flight.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_fyGp3xt33Xpr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88593 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-7 01:57
Its the wrong type of controller to fly fpv as the sticks auto centre which is not what you want for FPV manual flight.

Does the FPV remote have an accelerometer in it? As in does it make the drone move by ‘waggling’ and tilting it or by paddle/joystick response?

I’ve never used FPV before, but like the idea of FPV. I just don’t like that you have to have a spotter, because it takes away spontaneity.
2022-9-8
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

It is one of the areas that I wish DJI would improve on, when you already own 3 controllers and have to buy another for a new drone, it just makes you wish that you could just use one of the 3 you already own.
2022-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_fyGp3xt33Xpr Posted at 9-8 11:44
Does the FPV remote have an accelerometer in it? As in does it make the drone move by ‘waggling’ and tilting it or by paddle/joystick response?

I’ve never used FPV before, but like the idea of FPV. I just don’t like that you have to have a spotter, because it takes away spontaneity.

There are two controllers,  the motion controller which you move around by tilting and a trigger,  or the traditional remote that uses sticks.
2022-9-9
Use props
fans36c43374
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1187467 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-6 21:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata is only compatible with the DJI Motion Controller and the DJI FPV remote controller 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Good morning on my last RC pro update I swore I saw a notification saying that it added support for the Avata and Goggles 2.  I should have tried to take a screenshot or picture of it I cannot see any other information about it can you please advise, Thank you in advance.
2022-9-10
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans36c43374 Posted at 9-10 07:51
Good morning on my last RC pro update I swore I saw a notification saying that it added support for the Avata and Goggles 2.  I should have tried to take a screenshot or picture of it I cannot see any other information about it can you please advise, Thank you in advance.

That was only describing the Fly app, not the actual controller itself. Confusing to some? Yes!
2022-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans36c43374 Posted at 9-10 07:51
Good morning on my last RC pro update I swore I saw a notification saying that it added support for the Avata and Goggles 2.  I should have tried to take a screenshot or picture of it I cannot see any other information about it can you please advise, Thank you in advance.

We don't receive any updates regarding this one. You may provide us some screenshot of the message for us to verify. Thank you.
2022-9-14
Use props
fans97e3f8c6
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-6 21:33

⅔ of the control software for the Avata is NOT fpv, and is more representative of the standard DJI drone functions. Not having the ability to add this remote to the operation of the Avata is a disservice to your customers.  Even the control this drone ships with (the motion control) has built in limits for the drone's ability until you connect the fpv stick remote.  This remote should have the avata added to it's list of compatible drones.
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans97e3f8c6 Posted at 11-26 02:13
⅔ of the control software for the Avata is NOT fpv, and is more representative of the standard DJI drone functions. Not having the ability to add this remote to the operation of the Avata is a disservice to your customers.  Even the control this drone ships with (the motion control) has built in limits for the drone's ability until you connect the fpv stick remote.  This remote should have the avata added to it's list of compatible drones.

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-28
Use props
Hemon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11551329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

On the RC PRO remote, you can get an image from v2 glasses, but only with a wire. I would really like to be able to get an image without using a wire!
And also to have the opportunity to pilot the avata using an rc pro controller.
I say this as a professional drone operator, we need this for work! Thanks
2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_3DA7iR1cJ4sy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130118 ft
Switzerland

Good evening ! I too would be interested to use my DJI RC with the Avata. Until then, not sure to place an order to take it. Let's see
2022-12-6
Use props
victorbr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31224 ft
Brazil

I would buy an Avata drone if it was compatible with RC Pro....
2022-12-25
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

no i don't think so.
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_6vRGABh5kDSV
New

United Kingdom

Would love DJI to add Avata support for the RC Pro. It isn’t always possible for me to use a spotter and in these cases I can’t use the Avata, I get that flying the Avata VLOS defeats the object of what the drone is, but sometimes I only need to be able to fly it VLOS to complete the task I want.
2022-12-29
Use props
Manulucky
New

United States

if there won't be any plans to get the RC controller combined with my AVATA, i will sell it again. the googles are nice, but to be forced using it with every flight is a penalty
2023-2-8
Use props
manolix
New

South Korea

I will purchase RC Pro when it support Avata
2023-2-12
Use props
fans61f9985c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220 ft
Sweden

Same here - I will buy the Avata when I can also use it with my DJI RC Pro. I can accept some limitations for FPV, but more the majority of work it would be plenty enough to fly it with some acrobatic limitations - thinking of rather flying an Avata through a narrow gap then a Mavic 3 etc.

Integra Googles + DJI RC Pro and Avata would be my preference - simple compact setup for travelling with the Mavic 3 anyway.  
2023-4-20
Use props
djiuser_LU5Hq8bc3lfa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95938 ft
Bulgaria

Yeah I would love to be able to fly dji avata as cinewhoop drone with the DJI RC(even with limited capability)... we got update which allows us to fly Mini 3 Pro with the Motion controller 2 and googles... If we can fly Avata with the RC and info on screen(no googles) we would really have best of both worlds. As a Mini 3 Pro user and mainly photographer I would love to see that happen - don't get me wrong. It is fun to fly FPV. But the avata is so good as more crash resistant video drone that it is sad we can't just use it with the normal RC as such from time to time.
2023-5-9
Use props
djiuser_9zLaSDx9NQOg
lvl.2

United States

Yep, same here, I would love to be able to use the normal and sport modes with the RC Pro and Avata. It's a go about anywhere drone that I like to fly with goggles but without would add yet another reason to like it.
2023-5-10
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

I hope DJI do change their policy regarding this possibility. I would also by the Avata if that was possible, since I'm about to buy the Mavic 3 Pro.
2023-5-18
Use props
fans95e63692
lvl.1

Germany

I would also like to use the RC Pro with the Avata. I have a bad right eye and the glasses are so crappy now. I see all the displays either completely blurry or not at all. I want to use an external monitor. In addition, when I put on the glasses and take my dog with me to play with drones, I unfortunately cannot see other walks with other dogs. So my dog jumps to the other dogs because I can't borrow him in time ;)
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans95e63692 Posted at 11-23 12:40
I would also like to use the RC Pro with the Avata. I have a bad right eye and the glasses are so crappy now. I see all the displays either completely blurry or not at all. I want to use an external monitor. In addition, when I put on the glasses and take my dog with me to play with drones, I unfortunately cannot see other walks with other dogs. So my dog jumps to the other dogs because I can't borrow him in time ;)

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We totally understand where you came from. However, the DJI RC Pro is not compatible with the DJI Avata. You may want to check other latest consumer drones available on our website which can provide you with a marvelous flying experience. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
2023-11-26
Use props
djiuser_DjxQZWb6F3qI
lvl.1
United States

33DegreesNorth Posted at 2022-9-6 21:21
I would of course us the goggles, but was hoping to use the RC Pro as controller - I love the feel of it. I’ve tried the wand thing with the first FPV and didn’t care for it
I want to do the same thing ... use the integra goggles and fly with the rc pro controller, why cant we do that?
1-27 15:11
Use props
djiuser_8KVXIfHU6Jxe
New

United States

I would love this as well. And to be honest there's no reason for this. You sell a different controller than the motion with the Avata now. I guess I'll buy from somewhere else.
2-3 13:11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_8KVXIfHU6Jxe Posted at 2-3 13:11
I would love this as well. And to be honest there's no reason for this. You sell a different controller than the motion with the Avata now. I guess I'll buy from somewhere else.

No reason?  How do you know this, have you tested it?  What is the latency like?  If you pull down your goggles, can you just look at the display on the RC and effectively control your drone in sport or manual mode?  I suspect there is a good reason but we probably just don't know what it is.
2-3 16:10
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I find it a bit ironic. I own about 12 non dji fpv drones and few planes different makes - I need only one controller. Then I own about 9 different dji craft and I need 7 controllers
3-29 02:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules