Terrible Live Video Feed Quality
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ahmetkaragoz
lvl.1

Turkey

Hello Guys,

I have just updated my P3P to latest firmware. It is much better than 1.2.6 firmware but i have a issue on live video feed to my Ipad.

Live video is coming very late my Ipad ( p3p is only 20 meter away from me, there is nothing with the distance) and quality is very bad for 2-3 seconds after that it becomes alright if i keep it stable. When phantom  is away from me it becomes torture to check the live video as video is blurring.

How can i fix it?

Thanks,

2015-8-7
Use props
ahmetkaragoz
lvl.1

Turkey

Guys Any idea? Everybody is quite
2015-8-8
Use props
v.wendt
lvl.2

Germany

Same here with my iPad Air. Everything is perfect with my iPhone 6...
2015-8-8
Use props
Superfantastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried with iPad in flight mode ? Is it a cellular iPad ? Is the iPad fw 8.4 ?
2015-8-8
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1219564 ft
United States

The same thing is happening to me since the latest firmware update. Very choppy video stream and even the quality is bad when the video is uploaded to computer.
2015-8-8
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may want to experiment with your Lightbridge settings. Lightbridge uses the 2.4ghz channel spectrum and defaults to auto which will channel hop to use the least busy channel. This may cause video drops in a high interference environment. In my area, channel 20 is dead silent, so I select custom and select channel 20 under Custom Channel. Additionally, Lightbridge takes bandwidth. If you reduce the tablet image transmission quality to 4mbps you'll get both longer range AND smoother video. This doesn't affect the video/photos recorded on the local SD card:

2015-8-8
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-8-9 07:28
You may want to experiment with your Lightbridge settings. Lightbridge uses the 2.4ghz channel spect ...

How does one check if a channel is dead in ones area?  
2015-8-9
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I think there are no more Lightbridge settings available. Forced to automatic mode.
What iPad model do you use ?
2015-8-9
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

info@goldendusk Posted at 2015-8-9 06:49
The same thing is happening to me since the latest firmware update. Very choppy video stream and eve ...

Uploaded to your computer from the SD card ? If yes, this is nothing related to Lightbridge.
2015-8-9
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DrACE Posted at 2015-8-10 00:05
How does one check if a channel is dead in ones area?

Perhaps a better statement would have been, In my area channel 20 has no interference at all, so I select channel 20 under Custom Channel.  In my area, looking at the channel bar shows bars/activity on many channels which would interfere with light bridge. The less activity, the better. For me, Channel 20 stays at the bottom (no activity) and provides my best reception.
2015-8-10
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-8-10 00:10
Uploaded to your computer from the SD card ? If yes, this is nothing related to Lightbridge.

Agree. Absolutely, SD card tells the real story. Thanks for that point!
I use an iPad Air 2.

2015-8-10
Use props
marcbmt
New

South Africa

Hi, i'm having the same problem with choppy video feed. I've been trying to find the Imagine transmission quality setting with no success. I see the pic you posted has it under the wifi channels, mine isn't displayed there? Do i need to exit auto setting and go into custom setting for it to be displayed?
Currently running advanced with FW 1.3.2 on pilot app and samsung S6

Thanks
2015-8-10
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-8-11 10:50
Perhaps a better statement would have been, In my area channel 20 has no interference at all, so I ...

Ty for the reply.
2015-8-11
Use props
andreas_kreuz
lvl.2

Germany

I have the same problems

My iPad air (one) should be definitely fast enough to handle the stream, doesn´t matter if pad is in flying mode or not
Afai can remember, the 1.26 was smooth, no lags, no dropouts.... and WiFi was aktivated

After the successful update.... terrible video stream as described in the opener, recording still ok

I replaced the config file (only differs in ONE bit) and tried channel 21 (I would stay close to legal channels)
Here in germany you have to switch also your location in the iPad settings, otherwise you can´t activate the manual settings in the GO app

It´s now slightly better but I think, I will try to get back to 1.26 and the pilot app
The old app and firmware works perfect for me
2015-8-11
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

marcbmt Posted at 2015-8-11 14:35
Hi, i'm having the same problem with choppy video feed. I've been trying to find the Imagine transmi ...

I'm using the iPad Air 2 with DJI GO v2.0 and for the Image Transmission Quality bar to show, the RC must be connected to the Quad. I also have A Samsung Note 4 with DJI Pilot v1.2.0 and the bar is in the same location but visible without connectivity. However, like the iPad, connectivity must be established to configure and save the settings to the quad:

2015-8-11
Use props
Droneguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216558 ft
Chile

Same issues described by Andres, terrible video fed, lag, and lost of signal, 1.2.6 work flawlessly for me, with 3-4 km flights, no problems.  Running P3P with iPad Air 2 and all settings set as recommended from other pilots.
2015-8-11
Use props
marcbmt
New

South Africa

terrylewis Posted at 2015-8-12 07:36
I'm using the iPad Air 2 with DJI GO v2.0 and for the Image Transmission Quality bar to show, the R ...

Hi Terry, thanks for the reply. I think i must have a glitch or something in my pilot app software. I've looked everywhere ,with everything connected and switch on, and still nothing. I see that the Go App for android is out so i'll update and that hopefully sorts this out.
2015-8-12
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

Just upgraded to an Air2 (ipad).  Works great and so much easier to see what the heck is going on.  
2015-8-15
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

Change it to a custom channel and lower the bitrate to 4mbps
2015-8-15
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

You can update to 1.3.2.  I believe 1.3.2 is working better for most people.
2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules