Will DJI Goggles 2 support video input/output?
6643 10 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nukel1991
lvl.1

Spain

So far I believe Goggles 2 will have no analog video input as the previous versions, meaning we won't be able to fly analog drones with them (using an adaptor), or playing on the simulator with them etc.

Will they support video input over usb-c maybe? Is there anything planned?

What about video output? Will we be able to connect a usb-c cable to a phone and see the video out? (e.g with DJI Fly app or with digiview).

Thanks,

Miquel.
2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Miquel. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future update for the DJI Goggles 2 and with regard to this matter.  Kindly please stay tuned to the latest DJI updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-9-9
Use props
Torsten85
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Would be great if the goggles could simply mirror the connected phone. As It's already possible to mirror the DJI simulator app, it should be a low hanging fruit for the DJI devs.
2022-9-21
Use props
Jan S7
New

Germany

Yes, please add video out via usb c
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jan S7 Posted at 6-16 19:53

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that you can display the goggles view from the mobile side when using DJI Goggles 2 or DJI FPV Goggles V2. Are you referring to another device like a monitor or computer?
2023-6-17
Use props
djiuser_PzrRfAuiZDaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152546 ft
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 6-17 07:07
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that you can display the goggles view from the mobile side when using DJI Goggles 2 or DJI FPV Goggles V2. Are you referring to another device like a monitor or computer?

Yes please we need screen mirror from computer to googles 2
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_PzrRfAuiZDaa Posted at 10-17 19:33
Yes please we need screen mirror from computer to googles 2

Hello there. We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-17
Use props
djiuser_PzrRfAuiZDaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152546 ft
Spain

Jan S7 Posted at 6-16 19:53

yes please...
2023-11-22
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Ukraine

If you're interested in the capabilities of Goggles 2, I recommend checking the official website of the manufacturer, contacting their customer support, or looking for product reviews and forums where users discuss their experiences with the device. Manufacturers often provide detailed information about product specifications, features, and compatibility on their official platforms.
2023-11-24
Use props
Quantapogee
lvl.1

Australia

I was going to post a separate post, but this is in the same vein, so I thought I would bump this instead:
Is there a chance that DJI Goggles 2 will be getting any sort of video input functionality?

I recently purchased the goggles to use with the O3 air unit in a build, so I don't have a DJI drone, or a DJI controller. Only the DJI Goggles 2 and an O3 Air Unit. So far I love how the goggles look, and the UI seems sleek and nice, however I am unable to get any video from my PC into the goggles. Ideally, I wanted to be able to practice in a sim on my (Windows 10/ Windows 11) PC. I understand the goggles support DLNA casting, however as far as I am aware there is no way to cast/ input a desktop (or flight sim) screen to the goggles, at least over DLNA.

Is there a technical limitation to allowing video in through the USB-C port on the goggles? Otherwise, is there any other possibility for wirelessly streaming a desktop screen to the goggles?

If this is not planned I do want to make this a feature request to DJI - Please, add functionality to allow for video input on the goggles (in any way; streaming, HDMI over USB-C, anything).

Especially now with DJI's Air Units, more and more drones/ builds will have DJI VTX hardware, but no way to use the goggles in sims.
I have seen this feature request throughout while looking for a workaround. And I do want to highlight that if it was possible to use the goggles with desktop flight simulators, I am certain more people would be willing to purchase/ jump to DJI VTX systems.

Honestly, the lack of this feature kind of puts me off. This is such a basic feature that is simply missing, with no possible workarounds. Compared to the high-quality design of the goggles, and the sleek, intuitive interface in the goggles, this feature being missing is a huge letdown in my (as well as many others') opinion.
1-31 15:22
Use props
Quantapogee
lvl.1

Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-1 12:17
The Goggles 2 support DLNA input allowing wireless streaming to the Goggles 2.  From what I see on the product page it also appears to support video out as they show the goggles tethered to a phone via USB-C with the goggle video showing on the phone display.

Yes they do support DLNA streaming, I mentioned that in my initial post above. However, there is no way to cast or mirror a screen over DLNA. So while it supports DLNA streaming, it only works for pre-recorded video/ media.
If you have a go-to way to cast/ share a screen over DLNA into the goggles, I would love to hear about it! I have been trying to find a way to cast my screen (or at least the specific flight-sim window) over DLNA for quite a few hours yesterday, as that is the only method you can get any external signal into the goggles.
2-1 14:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules