Confused about DJI Care Refresh repair costs rather than replacement
2667 7 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SendNoSpam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1378215 ft
United States

I purchased the Mini 2 with DJI Care Refresh, and DJI Care Refresh shows up in my account for my Mini 2, but I have not sent my Mini 2 in for any repairs or replacement so far.

During one of my flights, my Mini 2 contacted a wall.  It still seems to function, or at least it seems to most of the time.

But there is a crack in one of the arms, and several of the propeller blades have rouch edges and scratches, and since then, the gimbal sometimes gets stuck and reports a problem (I can't remember the exact wording) and feels like there is dirt/grit in the swivel mechanism that doesn't always rotate or swivel freely.  So I probably need to have the arm replaced, replace the propeller blades, and either replace or repair the gimbal (the battery seems to work OK, but I don't know how to tell if it might be damaged or not), and probably inspect the other arms and body for any subtle damage that I cannot detect.

I am confused about the DJI Care Refresh program related to repairs.

Everything I have seen about the DJI Care Refresh program so far, seems to only talk about requesting a replacement, and it seems clear that if I want a replacement, then there is a (reasonable) service fee for each replacement, and the process and timeline seems clear, and I can choose the Express option, and probably have a replacement unit in about 7-10 days or so (in the US).

But I can't find any discussions about repair services, rather than replacement, and what is not clear to me, is if there are any service fees and/or costs if I want my unit repaired instead of replaced, what the process is, and how long that process takes.

Can someone summarize the DJI Care Refresh program policy for repairs, rather than replacement?

Perhaps afterall, maybe replacement might be a better option for me, but it is still something that I would like to understand.

2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to read about your case. We are sorry that self-repair is not recommended in regard to flight performance assurance and warranty maintenance.
And DJI Care Refresh only provides replacement service, repair service is not available for it. And when you send it in a repair case, the drone may be replaced directly.
Please rest assured that the performance of the aircraft will be confirmed.
Please click https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair to start an online repair case.
Let me know if you have any other concerns, I will try to help.
2022-9-9
Use props
SendNoSpam
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for your quick response.

I do not plan to repair my Mini 2 myself.

But I thought that the DJI Care Refresh program provides repair service as well as replacement service, so I was wondering if I can send my Mini 2 to you for repair rather than replacement, and if there is a service fee or repair charge to have DJI do repairs if I have the DJI Care Refresh program for my Mini 2?

Or does the DJI Care Refresh program only provide replacement service, and the DJI Care Refresh does not provide or cover repairs?
2022-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SendNoSpam Posted at 9-10 16:09
Thank you for your quick response.

I do not plan to repair my Mini 2 myself.

Hi there, DJI Care Refresh does not provide repair service, only replacement provided. And the drone may be replaced directly as well if you use regular repair. May I know if there is any reason for keeping the original drone?
2022-9-10
Use props
SendNoSpam
lvl.2
United States

I do not need or want to keep the original drone.  

I'm just trying to understand what the DJI Care Refresh program covers, and what options are available in the program.  

Regarding DJI Care, the DJI web site, states:
[https://www.dji.com/service/djicare]
     Your aircraft will always be repaired for free as long as repair costs and aircraft conditions satisfy DJI Care coverage requirements.
[https://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info]
     ... if accidental damage occurs during normal use, repair fees and related costs will be covered by DJI.
     ... repair costs will automatically be deducted from your DJI Care coverage amount. No additional payment is required.     If the damage is within service coverage, you can get free repairs.

Is this information correct, or am I looking at the wrong information on the DJI web sitte?

If repair services are offered free of charge for those who purchased  the DJI Care Refresh program, then you can understand why someone on a  limited budget might want to have a free repair instead of paying for a  replacement.

In my case, I think that replacement is a good option, but I'm just trying to be educated on what services the program provides.

2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SendNoSpam Posted at 9-12 04:59
I do not need or want to keep the original drone.  

I'm just trying to understand what the DJI Care Refresh program covers, and what options are available in the program.  

Thank you for your clarification. The page you are looking at is the DJI Care service, which is not for Mini 2. It is different from DJI Care Refresh.
Mini 2 supports DJI Care Refresh, please check out this page: https://www.dji.com/support/serv ... ndsite&from=nav for the related information.

And to use DJI Care Refresh, you will need to pay a certain amount of replacement fee. Check out here for the details.

Hope this is informative for you.
2022-9-13
Use props
SendNoSpam
lvl.2
United States

Thank you.

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to understand, and with your explanation, it is finally clear to me.  The terminology was not immediately clear, and I could not find an explanation that made it clear to me without someone knowledgeable to describe it.

It is clear to me that there is a replacement fee in the DJI Care Refresh program.  I have the DJI Care Refresh activated on my Mini 2, and I am applying for a replacement.

Thank you for your patience and your explanations, that finally make this clear to me.
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SendNoSpam Posted at 9-13 05:09
Thank you.

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to understand, and with your explanation, it is finally clear to me.  The terminology was not immediately clear, and I could not find an explanation that made it clear to me without someone knowledgeable to describe it.

Glad to know that. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules