Emergency Propeller Stop menu command
8663 10 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yummy fur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1239488 ft

Australia

This is what it says in the manual regarding the emergency propeller stop toggle in the menu command under advanced settings

If the emergency propeller stop is enabled, the motors can only be stopped by performing a combination stick command (CSC) mid-flight in an emergency situation such as if a collision occurs, a motor stalls, the aircraft rolls in the air, or the aircraft is out of control and is ascending or descending quickly. Stopping the motors mid-flight will cause the aircraft to crash.

However what I don't understand is if this only applies to N and S mode, or does it in fact over-ride the stop button in M mode?
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yummy fur. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. When using the Manual Mode, pressing the Start / Stop Button twice to stop the motor. This button is not available for disabling. Please use it with caution during flight. In Manual Mode, in case of stopping propellers in emergency, the propellers can rotate for the second time in the air. The method is as follows : If the motor of the DJI Drone was started by clicking the Start / Stop button twice, kindly check whether the interval between the two consecutive clicks is within 300 ms. ( 0.3 sec. ). If so, Push the throttle stick to the lowest position to start the motor of the DJI Drone. Thank you.
2022-9-16
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-16 02:16
Hello there yummy fur. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. When using the Manual Mode, pressing the Start / Stop Button twice to stop the motor. This button is not available for disabling. Please use it with caution during flight. In Manual Mode, in case of stopping propellers in emergency, the propellers can rotate for the second time in the air. The method is as follows : If the motor of the DJI Drone was started by clicking the Start / Stop button twice, kindly check whether the interval between the two consecutive clicks is within 300 ms. ( 0.3 sec. ). If so, Push the throttle stick to the lowest position to start the motor of the DJI Drone. Thank you.

Thanks for that info, but I still don't understand the difference between having the 'emergency propeller stop' on or off in the googles menu, in the Control section. At the moment I have the toggle off but what is the difference in the behaviour of the drone if that toggle is 'on'?

thx.
2022-9-16
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

yummy fur Posted at 9-16 04:38
Thanks for that info, but I still don't understand the difference between having the 'emergency propeller stop' on or off in the googles menu, in the Control section. At the moment I have the toggle off but what is the difference in the behaviour of the drone if that toggle is 'on'?

thx.

I thing this allows you to stop the props by putting the joysticks down and out at the same time to stop the props. You want this off in manual mode because when flying you may do this and unexpectedly stop the props.
2022-9-16
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2

United States

Porktree Posted at 9-16 19:25
I thing this allows you to stop the props by putting the joysticks down and out at the same time to stop the props. You want this off in manual mode because when flying you may do this and unexpectedly stop the props.

OK that makes sense, I'll have to test it. I had it off as I only fly manual with the sticks, and usually use auto land but I decided to land in N mode which I'm not used to and when the fpv was about 30cm off the ground I pushed both sticks to the lower middle not sure what I was thinking, and the fpv shot off sideway before tumbling on some grass, no big deal but she could have gone in any direction. Will have to check this and confirm, certain if centring sticks turns off motor in manual mode with this toggle on it would definitely be a problem.
2022-9-16
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

yummy fur Posted at 9-16 20:30
OK that makes sense, I'll have to test it. I had it off as I only fly manual with the sticks, and usually use auto land but I decided to land in N mode which I'm not used to and when the fpv was about 30cm off the ground I pushed both sticks to the lower middle not sure what I was thinking, and the fpv shot off sideway before tumbling on some grass, no big deal but she could have gone in any direction. Will have to check this and confirm, certain if centring sticks turns off motor in manual mode with this toggle on it would definitely be a problem.

To land on N mode just pull down the throttle stick all  the way down, it will descend and about 30~40 cm the censor will give a little stop, keep the throttle down  and it will land
2022-9-18
Use props
mpaull
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2961795 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, can I add to this by asking how to stop the props in any mode if I crash? For example while flying manual and practicing an inverted lookback I crashed and struggled to stop the motors so I have wonderful footage at 120fps of how my expensive FPV turned into Edward Scissorhands! NB: The Emergency Prop stop was not enabled but I tried both sticks down and to the centre...
I'd be grateful for any tips!
2023-1-9
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2

Australia

mpaull Posted at 1-9 02:21
Hi Guys, can I add to this by asking how to stop the props in any mode if I crash? For example while flying manual and practicing an inverted lookback I crashed and struggled to stop the motors so I have wonderful footage at 120fps of how my expensive FPV turned into Edward Scissorhands! NB: The Emergency Prop stop was not enabled but I tried both sticks down and to the centre...

Best to leave it emergency stop off. I hit some trees and chopped them up real good, in my panic I couldn't find the emergency stop in time, which is good because the drone battled it's way out of the trees  and landed safely with some damaged props. Most times the propellers will stop by themselves in a crash anyway.

The best way to learn to fly confidently is using the DJI Virtual fly app, very much better than 3rd party sims. The Academy in Virtual Flight, is excellent, and to check your throttle control skills try the various circuits in the stadiums
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_Oo3wcGk79t0L
lvl.2

United States

On the dji fpv, enabling the emergency propeller stop will stop the propellers in ALL modes. I have been testing this for hours. I had a situation once where I was goofing around and got too close to my lawn chair, clipped it, and once the drone is off balance or unlevel it fights like crazy to fix it. That’s what you want high up, but if you’re right there and it’s flipping around in the grass chewing on your chair I wish there was a series of inputs that would provide an immediate stop, something other than a stick position that would be all too easy to do perhaps even something innocent like you’re readjusting your goggles and accidentally bump the sticks. So on my fpv in n or s modes you have to hold in and down or out and down both for a full 3 seconds to shut off. But in m mode even one second will do. I have tested this. This is dumb because in m mode I already have an easy and almost immediate way to shut it down with the stop button double press
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_Oo3wcGk79t0L
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_Oo3wcGk79t0L Posted at 7-23 21:14
On the dji fpv, enabling the emergency propeller stop will stop the propellers in ALL modes. I have been testing this for hours. I had a situation once where I was goofing around and got too close to my lawn chair, clipped it, and once the drone is off balance or unlevel it fights like crazy to fix it. That’s what you want high up, but if you’re right there and it’s flipping around in the grass chewing on your chair I wish there was a series of inputs that would provide an immediate stop, something other than a stick position that would be all too easy to do perhaps even something innocent like you’re readjusting your goggles and accidentally bump the sticks. So on my fpv in n or s modes you have to hold in and down or out and down both for a full 3 seconds to shut off. But in m mode even one second will do. I have tested this. This is dumb because in m mode I already have an easy and almost immediate way to shut it down with the stop button double press
Today unfortunately, I was coming in to land super low on power, about 12 inches off the ground kinda taxiing over to my chair the last 10 feet, and the fpv started an auto return to home, I cancelled that, and proceeded, but it then started an auto land without me holding down on the left stick. Since I was already low and moving forward, kinda just coming across the drive so I didn’t have to walk so far, as soon as it started auto landing it touched the ground and tipped forward. Tipping caused it to fight like crazy to self right, in the process it turned, shot into the garage, lucky went under the mower axle and was under there chewing and chopping everything and I had no way to turn it off. I helplessly stood there not risking my fingers, and it finally shut off but it was like 10 seconds and all the props were destroyed, a couple missing all blades, and all the motors were super hot. lucky it did not hit my kids in the drive or a car. Immediate emergency stop would’ve been nice
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_Oo3wcGk79t0L
lvl.2

United States

The big issue is if you enable emergency stop in m mode if you go down and in or down and out with both sticks even for one second it will shut down. In n and s modes you have to hold 3 seconds until it shuts down. Therefore if you want to fly m some, then you want to leave it off, after all you have the start stop button right there anyways. It would be better if that automatically disabled in m modes and only worked in n and s modes even for 1 second or 2, because you would never accidentally do that in those modes.
2023-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules