Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LIGHTBRIDGE RED VIDEO LIGHT
3451 9 2014-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amsterdambm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3834469 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having issues with my DJI Lightbridge and Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D and GoPro 4. GoPro is set to 1080p30. I have no issue gettting RC control via lightbridge and OSD comes through just fine. The odd thing though, the GoPro was transmitting video just fine for about 6 minutes before it went out. I tried another GoPro and the same thing happened. Video for a few minutes then dead. I plugged both GoPro's (3 & 4) into a monitor via HDMI and the video was fine so the GoPro HDMI ports aren't dead. Any suggestions to get rid of this issue? No video through Lightbridge, only OSD and RC work.
2014-12-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you powering on the gopro after the Lightbridge? Do you have another hdmi cable to test?
2014-12-3
Use props
amsterdambm
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-4 00:08
Are you powering on the gopro after the Lightbridge? Do you have another hdmi cable to test?

Hey Blade,

I've tested it both ways and with different HDMI Cables. I've plugged the GoPro in via HDMI to a monitor and video comes through. Lightbridge air doesn't see the signal it seems.
2014-12-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can you try to reload the firmware? If that doesn't help you will have to contact support for a replacement.
2014-12-3
Use props
amsterdambm
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-4 00:55
Can you try to reload the firmware? If that doesn't help you will have to contact support for a repl ...

[update: Firmware upgraded again and no change. Tried a different Lightbridge air and ground and got both green lights on but still no video to either USB or HDMI to monitor or Samsung Tablet.]
Yeah, I can do that. I've done it a few times already, but one more can't hurt.  

Thanks Blade.

2014-12-3
Use props
amsterdambm
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tried one more Lightbridge Ground and Air unit and that set finally works.
2014-12-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Have the other sets lost bind?  And rember each time you update firmware make sure the video source is set to hdmi/av in the app, sometimes this default to hd gimbal.
2014-12-3
Use props
freddiejojo
New

United States

Dear Mr. Amster,

After reading your difficulties, my head has been swimming and felt I am back in a daze.  Your problems mirror exactly to a "T" mine along with the fixes.  I have been fighting the same problems, from a dealer prepared P2 with LB that was purchased new in 2014:
a.  the video downlink was intermittent to even complete failure
b.  control downlink was intermittent to even complete failure

Because they were intermittent problems, the difficulties were even more maddening.  So I returned the bird to the dealer where I purchased and they returned it supposedly cured.  But because the problems were intermittent with moments of excellent performance, they were fooled as well.  So I began a catalogue of calls to various techs from dealers across the country.  Here were the fixes suggested to me by various dealer tecs:
a.  replace the ribbon cable that goes between the LB air unit to the GoPro camera (did that three times once I finally found someone that had them in the US (B&H Photo)
b.  replace the short ribbon cable that runs from the GoPro to the H3 gimble (twice)
c.  replace the GoPro with another GoPro (supposedly the HDMI port on the camera may have gone South.

Finally, I had to realize the dealer who built my bird and controller could offer no further assistance.  I bit the bullet and contacted another dealer who I have had good luck with, shipped it to them and almost instantly they replied the LB air unit was completly dead and they could only get it going after installing a new replacement unit.

So I have my set-up back and so far it works.  What has yet to be fixed is my faith in it.  That will only return after many hours of successful flying.  We shall see.

Now, do you have any suggestions for a gimble that goes spastic and throws itself to the far left stop during flight intermittently?  
2014-12-9
Use props
freddiejojo
New

United States

freddiejojo Posted at 2014-12-10 08:19
Dear Mr. Amster,

After reading your difficulties, my head has been swimming and felt I am back in a ...

Forgot one other item, in regards to updating firmware, yes, multiple times, cycling the bird after each update.  That never helped
2014-12-9
Use props
rsturbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39862 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

freddiejojo Posted at 2014-12-10 08:21
Forgot one other item, in regards to updating firmware, yes, multiple times, cycling the bird afte ...

Turn on goPro as last on the list. Then the red light became green.

Works for me.
2015-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules