Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Diamond Lake
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bvinisky
lvl.3

United States

I wanted to share my newest video of footage from a trip to Diamond Lake in South Central Oregon last weekend. It's a nice little fishing lake that's just north of Crater Lake, sitting quite elegently between a couple mountains, Mt. Bailey and Mt. Thielsen. Filmed with an Insire 1 and Phantom 3. Feel free to let loose with any feedback and enjoy!

Bryant

2015-8-8
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

Looks like a beautiful spot.
Love the fact that you managed to capture the beauty in just over 2 minutes.
2015-8-8
Use props
eodtec
lvl.1

United States

So beautiful and so well done.  Good job.

If I were to suggest anything it would be to increase some of the shots to 5 sec, it seemed if some of them went quick like 3 sec.

Ive watched it several times now, I wish it was longer.  Good Job!
2015-8-8
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Been there fishing years ago.  Got caught on the lake during a bug hatch which was thick a fog!
Great video,  makes me want to go back there.
2015-8-8
Use props
bvinisky
lvl.3

United States

colin.buckle Posted at 2015-8-8 22:59
Looks like a beautiful spot.
Love the fact that you managed to capture the beauty in just over 2 min ...

Thanks! Yes, the location is gorgeous and luckily I had loads of footage to draw from. I tried to keep it brief by really sticking with shots and an ordering that provided some visual diversity, but I could have left it a little shorter by not reusing a couple locations with just some variation to the camera movement. Or perhaps swapping out those redundant shots for some extended time on others as suggested.
2015-8-8
Use props
bvinisky
lvl.3

United States

eodtec Posted at 2015-8-9 00:45
So beautiful and so well done.  Good job.

If I were to suggest anything it would be to increase som ...

Thank you for the support and the suggestion! I agree. I made some of the shots too quick and perhaps pinned them to the music too much. I did want it to build in momentum a bit by starting with long shots and progressing to the faster moving ones as the music evolved. Unfortunately I'm also kicking myself for having tossed some of the better longer shots into the faster flashing sections that last ~1.5 seconds. The pond with leaf debris around the edges and clouds reflecting in the center was visually interesting, contrasted well and I had spiraled up for quite awhile. It would have made a nice extended shot, but for some reason I chopped most of it out by placing it the faster moving part.
2015-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules