Why does pulling photos through DJI Fly strip exif data?
793 6 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JsAkZFkyEepS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178323 ft
Canada

When pulling photos off the drone directly with the DJI Fly app, why does it strip the exif data? As you expect when you pull photos directly from the SD Card the exif data is intact, this is a nuisance. Can this be added as a needed bug fix?
2022-9-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its been like that since the beginning,  as long as you dont have a lot of files on the SD card quick transfer seems the better route  if you dont want to remove the sd card.
2022-9-13
Use props
spyd4r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178323 ft
Canada

I understand it's been that way, but it definitely should be corrected
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-9-16
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

Please fix this!!

Is there any way at all to get photos from the drone to iphone directly with the EXIF data?
2022-10-10
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

Turns out the EXIF data is in the downloaded JPEG.  The timestamp is incorrect when downloaded but is in the "I" icon.   The timestamp is when you download it, not the real info.  How to fix?
2022-10-10
Use props
djiminidriver
New

United States

I scoured the forums to find the answer: it gets stripped when you allow DJI Fy to auto-enhance the image. If you deselect that magic wand icon in the bottom right before transferring, it will keep the EXIF data.
2023-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules