1430 10 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today finally my Avata arrived - I was prepared with updated goggles and remote so the connection and FW upgrade went well and fast, charging batteries was fast also (30-40 minutes top from the delivery state with 65W charger) - then first attempt to fly indoors returned me to a rookie state two attempts twice uncontrolled drifts to the left and touch the wall and land on a back - so I went outside and thou it still tends to drift left (I calibrated the compass and IMU later on and think it's OK now!) was flying like a charm
My first impressions:
- Not as loud as some described it!
- as expected not fast in N and S (did not have time to try M yet)
- good camera, Not M3 thou
- I tested RockSteady and HorizonSteady - first impression I'll keep HorizonSteady but You can see it for Yourself in the below clip!
- decent battery life for close and low flights
- No signal problems thou I did not fly far away but put him behind some trees! (I am in CE!)
- expect a lot of fun! But expect some crashes
- SD card placement is RIDICULOUS as expected and is a Major pain in the ** to put it in and Especially to remove it

And now the clip itself it's long but there different stabilization sections and You can see how fast I was building confidence

P.S. You might need to wait a bit for youtube to process it to 4K60!

2022-9-13
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice 1st flight.  Though, would have to disagree with you about SPORTS MODE.  I took mine down to the beach and thought it ripped pretty good.  Trick is to get low (which of course makes everything look faster).  Here's a clip of what she can do.....  

2022-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to read and see.
Hope you will get what you envisioned!
2022-9-13
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Montfrooij Posted at 9-13 05:55
Interesting to read and see.
Hope you will get what you envisioned!

I've got exactly what I've expected
2022-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

alex_markov Posted at 9-13 06:05
I've got exactly what I've expected

That is good to hear!
2022-9-13
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-13 05:06
Nice 1st flight.  Though, would have to disagree with you about SPORTS MODE.  I took mine down to the beach and thought it ripped pretty good.  Trick is to get low (which of course makes everything look faster).  Here's a clip of what she can do.....  

https://youtu.be/H0hhRKFp234

Speed is a matter of personal taste and I like it - DJI FPV was my favorite for almost a year Because of 100+ km/h in S mode - Now I coupe with 60+ of M3 flying only in S but will prefer it faster - Avata is ~50 ...
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Alex. We really appreciate you for sharing this footage of your new DJI Avata. Hoping to see more stunning shots from your using this amazing drone. Happy flying always, Alex!
2022-9-13
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Oh, forgot to mention something strange on a first glance - Avata transmitting at a low bitrate 5-6 Mbps  when in Low power mode (before start the motors ) and just in the air goes to 50
2022-9-13
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

How I feel flying Avata
2022-9-14
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

Glad you like the SD card access
2022-9-15
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

After 2 weeks and many flights I like Avata even more - But spotted two things - Avata is not very good at wind and thou is very precise in confine spaces have a tendency to shake a bit left and right before going straights on high altitude flights  - something I never experience with all my drones so far?
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules