Goggles 2 issue
1243 7 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drkrjones
lvl.1
United States

Is there anyone else having this issue?

My battery is fully charged.  I plug in the USB-C to the battery and the jack to the goggles.  Nothing works.  For a brief 30 seconds, the goggles turned on, but nothing since.

Thoughts
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there drkrjones. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing this issue for us to be able to see and can assist you? Thank you.
2022-9-14
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

Goggles remain black unless you also have the Avata also connected
2022-9-15
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

CutAussie Posted at 9-15 00:36
Goggles remain black unless you also have the Avata also connected
They should get the goggles boot up dji app thing though. Im assuming sensor to make it come on is covered?

I also assume its powered on correctly by pressing power button once, then pressing and holding power button?

I personally would plug my phone into the usb c and see if there is a goggle view on the phone. If so might be a faulty sensor?
2022-9-15
Use props
drkrjones
lvl.1
United States

StuntJumper Ste Posted at 9-15 02:57
They should get the goggles boot up dji app thing though. Im assuming sensor to make it come on is covered?

I also assume its powered on correctly by pressing power button once, then pressing and holding power button?

I am unfamiliar with the sensor.  Where would that be?

After more attempts last night, I think that it is a bad cable or a goggle connection.  I was able to get the goggles to boot up, if the connection to the goggles was placed just right.  I was working through the set up process and when I went to plug the USB-C in, I moved the power connection and the goggles shut off.  It happened twice, so I am guessing that's my issue.
2022-9-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

drkrjones Posted at 9-15 04:49
I am unfamiliar with the sensor.  Where would that be?

After more attempts last night, I think that it is a bad cable or a goggle connection.  I was able to get the goggles to boot up, if the connection to the goggles was placed just right.  I was working through the set up process and when I went to plug the USB-C in, I moved the power connection and the goggles shut off.  It happened twice, so I am guessing that's my issue.

For what it's worth.  Just make sure everything is FULLY CHARGED before 'binding' everything up to avoid issues.  Personally, I let everything charge overnight.   

Had some 'charging' issues myself when I 1st got the Avata.  Left my feedback for DJI Support in this thread.  Bottom line, DJI should have supplied (or recommended) all the needed power adapters, cables, etc.      More detail here;  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=273249

2022-9-15
Use props
drkrjones
lvl.1
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-15 05:50
For what it's worth.  Just make sure everything is FULLY CHARGED before 'binding' everything up to avoid issues.  Personally, I let everything charge overnight.   

Thank you!  I let everything charge overnight and still have the same issue this morning.
2022-9-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

drkrjones Posted at 9-15 06:30
Thank you!  I let everything charge overnight and still have the same issue this morning.

Not sure if this will help.  There are also some VIDEO links here as well;

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780

I would also DOUBLE CHECK that all the firmware is updated.  Current firmware release information is here;   

Overview:

Date: 2022.09.14
    Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0200
    Goggles Firmware: v01.01.0000 (DJI Goggles 2)
    v01.03.0000 (DJI FPV Goggles V2)
    Motion Controller Firmware: v02.00.0400
    Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0200
    DJI Fly App iOS: v1.7.0
    DJI Fly App Android:        v1.7.0
2022-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules