DJI MIC does not wok with SAMSUNG ANDROID PHONE
19889 36 2022-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CCHabay
lvl.1

Belgium

Hello,

We just bought the DJI MIC and it does not work with SAMSUNG phone (S21, S20, A50).
The sound does not goes through.... :-(
It works with Iphone S6, and Xiaomi.

v02.00.72.80

Anyone to Help ? DJI support ?

Thanks.

Pierre

2022-9-15
Use props
CCHabay
lvl.1

Belgium

Not working on Samsung S9 neither....
2022-9-15
Use props
CCHabay
lvl.1

Belgium

Do I have to send it back to DJI and buy a RODE ?
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a short video showing the issue for us to further isolate and provide you with a better solution? In addition, you may try to setup again the DJI Mic on your Mobile device and please refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_ZsjAcEp3bfsp
New

Hong Kong

The issue is very simply - for a wider set of mobile phone models, we followed your instructions on how to plug in the receiver to the mobile phone using either the USB or lightning adapter that came with the MIC.  We can see the receiver has a green bar indicating it is receiving the sound from the transmitter.  However, if we use the phone to take a video, no sound is recorded from the DJI MIC.

I have tried both of these solutions suggested from the forum and Youtube:
1) On Android phone, go into developer options, and click on the "Disable USB Audio Routing" option
2) Make sure the USBC or Lightning bolt adapter is pushed all the way in to the transmitter so the edge is flushed.

Neither solve my problem.
2022-9-18
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is due to EU Samsung phones using the Exynos chipset. The DJI Mic only works with US models of Samsung devices, or Samsung devices which use the Snapdragon processors. DJI needs to resolve this as EU/UK Samsung devices do not use Snapdragon.

Edit: The DJI Mic seems to work with EU/UK Samsung devices now, at least it works with my S21
2022-9-21
Use props
djiuser_AmdGKF2faKfs
New

Italy

Ciao a tutti, avete risolto il problema di compatibilità  dei DJI mic e i Samsung europei?

Ho un Samsung S21 Ultra e vorrei acquistare i Dji mic.

Grazie a chi mi risponde
2022-12-6
Use props
geof63
New

Belgium

Hi !
I resolve this issue on my S22 ultra EU chipset exynos.
- Activate developper mode
- USB debug ON
- Default USB config : MIDI

It work like a charm
2023-2-16
Use props
geof63
New

Belgium

djiuser_ZsjAcEp3bfsp Posted at 2022-9-18 07:15
The issue is very simply - for a wider set of mobile phone models, we followed your instructions on how to plug in the receiver to the mobile phone using either the USB or lightning adapter that came with the MIC.  We can see the receiver has a green bar indicating it is receiving the sound from the transmitter.  However, if we use the phone to take a video, no sound is recorded from the DJI MIC.

Hi !
- USB debug ON
- Default USB config : MIDI
2023-2-16
Use props
BigDik288
New

Czechia

geof63 Posted at 2-16 00:30
Hi !
I resolve this issue on my S22 ultra EU chipset exynos.

Hello, I have the same phone!
Please tell me, after your manipulations, the microphone works just via a USBс cable ?? If you try to stream through the YouTube application on a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra phone, the sound during the stream will be captured from the microphone Dji mic? And in other applications
2023-2-28
Use props
djiuser_9uBQpOO1PexH
New

Philippines

Dear DJI Team,

I just bought my DJI mic too. It doesn't work with my Samsung Note20 Ultra, with Exynos chip.

The phone records video but there is no sound recorded.

Please help for a fix. Thank you.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_9uBQpOO1PexH Posted at 3-18 22:41
Dear DJI Team,

I just bought my DJI mic too. It doesn't work with my Samsung Note20 Ultra, with Exynos chip.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Would you please check whether your phone detects the DJI MIC?
2023-3-19
Use props
djiuser_GR7dQQB9wtXk
New
Flight distance : 1094039 ft
Slovenia

I also have S20 and it doesn't record audio, even tho I can se the Reciver is recieving the audio form the transmiter.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_GR7dQQB9wtXk Posted at 3-19 09:59
I also have S20 and it doesn't record audio, even tho I can se the Reciver is recieving the audio form the transmiter.

Hi there, please make sure DJI Mic has been connected to the mobile phone. Please check whether the mobile phone adapter is connected firmly and whether an adapter icon appears on the receiver’s OLED touchscreen after the mobile phone adapter has been attached. Please also check whether the mobile phone system can identify the receiver after it has been connected. For Android equipment, the system status bar or control center will display a “headset” icon. For some mobile phones, the notification center will display that “DJI U disk” has been identified.
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_PIEzGV3ypvq1
New

Peru

geof63 Posted at 2-16 00:29
Hi !
It works!!! Thank you so much!!!!
2023-3-28
Use props
GLAMR
New

Israel

Still not working for me: I can't record audio using dji mic connected through USB C adapter to my phone.

I have Samsung S20 Plus/ One UI 5.1 / Android 13 / Exynos 990 processor.
I updated the Dji Mic (receiver and transmitters) to the latest version available today (April 17, 2023): 02.00.72.87

I tried the following steps (as geof63 suggested in this thread):
1) Activate developer mode > 2) USB debug ON > 3) Default USB config : MIDI
>> Didn't work for me

The type C adaptor from the receiver to the phone is connected properly.
When I opened the pro video mode there is a sound level with 2 bars (L and R) that show zero sound from the mic.
The phone do recognize the usb connection and, as you can see, it shows USB as one of the microphones options (among with OMNI, FRONT and REAR - all three are phone mics).

I tried restarting the phone and the the dji items - didn't help...
When I connected the receiver to my laptop through the type C adapter, I manage to record audio just fine.
2023-4-16
Use props
DJIFPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5981 ft
  • >>>
Israel

GLAMR Posted at 4-16 16:11
Still not working for me: I can't record audio using dji mic connected through USB C adapter to my phone.

I have Samsung S20 Plus/ One UI 5.1 / Android 13 / Exynos 990 processor.

same problem here.
samsung galaxy note 10+
android 10
usb is midi.
dosent record audio.
2023-4-24
Use props
StewartF
New

United Kingdom

The workaround I have done for this with a Galaxy S10 is to buy the Rode SC7 cable, but it does leave the receiver dangling under the phone unless you hold both phone and receiver together....it wasn't clear at all that there were only some android phones that work with the USB C connector...a bit of transparancy on this would be good!
2023-5-10
Use props
GDS649
New

Canada

I had all the same issues on my Android phone...frustrating as all he$#%$%.  But I found a solution that isn't being talked about so just in case anyone needs it.  A link is below to a youtube video that inadvertently gave me the fix.  The video is a review of the DJI Mic paired with Google Pixel 7, but the fix is universal to Android.  When you plug in the DJI transmitter to your phone, cancel or ignore the USB formatting prompt, then open your camera where you'll find an audio setting somewhere (depending on your specific Android phone) that will allow you to select 'wired' or 'external' mic. Done deal.  I really hope this helps someone, it worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3la2MEndsM
2023-5-22
Use props
AscendedArtist
New

United Kingdom

I just bought the DJI Wireless mic and it does not work with my Nubia Magic 6 Android phone.  I tried disabling the USB Audio routing and made sure the connection is fully secure but it doesn't do anything.  

Tested with my Macbook Pro 2012 Edition and it seems to work fine with that

Can anyone help?
2023-5-23
Use props
djiuser_pInpH6JEYiAk
New

France

Hello everyone, I had the same problem, my phone is S21 and simply nothing happened when I plugged the Dji with USB c, super frustrating. I tried the developper mode etc... didn't worked.
I bought an adapter jack to usbC, plugged it and it works now. When I go video Pro I can finally select USB as microphone and it recognises my Dji,
I hope this helps
2023-6-3
Use props
Darragh Baratin
New

Netherlands

Hey I just got a dji mic set. Detected, but doesnt work. My phone has the equinox chip 990. Any fix for it? Or do should I sznd them back?
2023-6-24
Use props
Darragh Baratin
New

Netherlands

Heyy have the same phone and same problem as you. Did you ever find a way?
2023-6-24
Use props
djiuser_4HclwTcwCvTS
New

United Kingdom

So far tried all the developer mode suggestions here for my Galaxy S20 Ultra. Switched on usb debug, set default to midi, disabled audio routing and every combination of these. Still just records with no sound. Anybody have any luck with anything else?
2023-7-3
Use props
Marem13
New

Switzerland

I just bought it for record with my dji osmo 3 Gimble. My Samsung Galaxy s20+ was on the list of supported phones. But now, i have to read, that it does not work with the exynos chipset für EU.
COME ON Dji, make it happen. I tried all the advice here in the comunity, nothing helped. And Dji... no Solution over a Year??

So I have to bring it back and lose money becuause I used the mic und Dji said, that my phone is supported. Because of that, I am not going to get full cash back.

Thanks Dji to fooling me in such a manner! Disappointed
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_hfENJdPJegmN
New

United States

I have an S20fe and I did the developer mode steps. It works. MAKE SURE to unplug the receiver before you play back the video on your phone and you will hear the audio
2023-7-10
Use props
shane90
New

Malaysia

hello everyone, I'm using Oppo phone, was having the same issue but now it has been resolved. You may try this out, it works for me.

In phone Settings > Sound and vibration > More settings > Default device > Select another option other than the Auto-select (in my case, i selected Use peripheral device).

Refer to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIPbkNmNcvo
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_DjTX9jeDDww6
New

Australia

djiuser_ZsjAcEp3bfsp Posted at 2022-9-18 07:15
The issue is very simply - for a wider set of mobile phone models, we followed your instructions on how to plug in the receiver to the mobile phone using either the USB or lightning adapter that came with the MIC.  We can see the receiver has a green bar indicating it is receiving the sound from the transmitter.  However, if we use the phone to take a video, no sound is recorded from the DJI MIC.

I have the same problem.
Is your mic working now?
2023-8-9
Use props
djiuser_DjTX9jeDDww6
New

Australia

Hi mate, I have a similar problem. Just bought my DJI mic but I can't use it. Did you make it work this time?
2023-8-9
Use props
djiuser_FindUz5TPKn1
New

Nigeria

I just bought my DJI mic but my phone is android phone Oppo A17 please do I needs to change my phone or theirs any settings required to connect to my DJI I needs help
2023-9-5
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

djiuser_FindUz5TPKn1 Posted at 9-5 10:56
I just bought my DJI mic but my phone is android phone Oppo A17 please do I needs to change my phone or theirs any settings required to connect to my DJI I needs help

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to check and clean the headphone jack. https://thegeekpage.com/headphone-jack-not-working-on-android-phone-fix/
2023-9-25
Use props
Marco P.
New

Italy

According to your "DJI Mic Mobile Phone Compatibility List" the Samsung Galaxy S20+ is supported, but I have the same issue as above: no audio track is recorded through the trasmitter mic, only from the mobile phone mic. Are you planning to solve this with next firmware upgrade? You should at least update the Compatibility List with a warning.
2023-10-3
Use props
djiuser_hUcB2jpHstro
New
Germany

I tried all of these, nothing worked on my S22 Ultra.

BUT THEN I pushed the USB-C Adapter really hard into the Slider connection and.....

It was less then 1mm to the endposition and I thought this I really though, because I want damage anything.

NOW IT WORKS
2023-10-24
Use props
Jack Graffiti
lvl.1

Italy

CCHabay Posted at 2022-9-15 03:53
Not working on Samsung S9 neither....

Did you find a solution?
1-17 13:49
Use props
djiuser_jh7YOQjuUpia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430 ft
Germany

Hi guys, not sure that this is still an issue. Currently I had the same problem with the connection to my Samsung Note20 so I did some research and read some interesting recommendations here.
However, the solution is probably not based on messing around with Android developer settings but using the correct type of connectors. The DJI Mic uses TRS as output while modern smartphones usually have TRRS. So simply try an adapter cable like in the attached pictures. That solved the issue for me and should work with most Android phones. If it also works for you please write a comment. Best
20240226_173837.jpg
20240226_173844.jpg
2-26 10:05
Use props
djiuser_auYC36nmLdf8
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Any chance to make it work my dji mic 2 with my Samsung s22 ultra UK,
With Bluetooth pairing?
As it doesn't work

4-8 12:04
Use props
Jonah Micah Santos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4624728 ft
Guam

For me to get the mic 2 audio (using Bluetooth mode) I had to use the Pro Video Mode in the camera and set the audio source to BT Mic. Maybe you have to audio source to USB like if you were using the wired headset
4-21 18:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules