Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote control Action 2 works in Action 3
7607 26 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

It works!!

I got my Action 3 today and it was the first I've tested.
2022-9-16
Use props
johansenfoto
Captain
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

That's great to know
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already now receive your new DJI Osmo Action 3 and it is working perfectly with the accessory of your DJI Action 2. Should you have inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-9-17
Use props
MbVU1V1IQEcp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-17 20:21
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already now receive your new DJI Osmo Action 3 and it is working perfectly with the accessory of your DJI Action 2. Should you have inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!

Can the remote control 2 cameras at the same time?
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MbVU1V1IQEcp Posted at 10-3 07:51
Can the remote control 2 cameras at the same time?

Hello there. The DJI Action 2 Remote Control Extension Rod is not compatible with the DJI Osmo Action 3. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-4
Use props
MbVU1V1IQEcp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-4 03:55
Hello there. The DJI Action 2 Remote Control Extension Rod is not compatible with the DJI Osmo Action 3. Thank you for your understanding and support.
In another post, a user was able to get the remote working with the action 3 camera.  I was not asking about the extension rod itself.  I am only interested in the remote.
2022-10-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MbVU1V1IQEcp Posted at 10-5 07:02
In another post, a user was able to get the remote working with the action 3 camera.  I was not asking about the extension rod itself.  I am only interested in the remote.

Thank you for your response. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-8
Use props
bevin.lealandgmail.com
lvl.3

New Zealand

Purchased the remote thinking hopefully
Unfortunately it will not pair successfully with the 3
Some people just got lucky
Back to using the GoPro 11 with a remote
2022-11-3
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Here my test:

I recorded it with the Pocket 2 with 30cm distance, sorry for the blurry video.

The remote works not correctly with Action 2 and Action 3 if both cams powered on. Thats the reason for using the Pocket 2.
2022-11-4
Use props
bevin.lealandgmail.com
lvl.3

New Zealand

bevin.lealandgmail.com Posted at 11-3 20:24
Purchased the remote thinking hopefully
Unfortunately it will not pair successfully with the 3
Some people just got lucky

Woke up this morning had another go at pairing it
Works a 100% just needed a sleep
2022-11-4
Use props
Yaman-Python
Second Officer
  • >>>
Japan

I would be interested in having a remote for OA3, but I would recommend DJI to make a more universal one that could be attached to anything, a rod, a hand wrist, a finger, a backpack shoulder strap. The remote could have some fixture that could be attached to various types (different lengths) of velcro strapes. And no need to put a magnet in it.
2022-11-4
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.3
Italy

Hello, if i purchase the remote controller ( ofc is for the A2 but it works as well for the A3 ) should i be able to record by pressing the button with the camera turned off? or first i need to turn on the camera manually ( by phisically pressing the button ) and then using the remote. I ask you this because using the camera with my motorbike sometimes with the gloves is hard to press properly the power button ( and it is pretty hard to press ) so i was planning to buy the remote controller, ONLY if is able to automatically turn on and register, like when you press the quick register button on top of the camera.

Thanks for the reply
2022-11-7
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

First power on the camera, then the remote. The remote scans the cam and you must confirm.
2022-11-7
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.3
Italy

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 11-7 10:57
First power on the camera, then the remote. The remote scans the cam and you must confirm.

damn! so i need to phisically press the button on the camera! dream over

Thanks for the reply btw
2022-11-7
Use props
Eary Ahmad
lvl.1
Malaysia

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 11-4 02:24
Here my test:
https://youtu.be/qNcXv2X-CTE

is the remote connect easily when the cam is on standby mode? and could it pair with 2 camera?
2022-12-16
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Eary Ahmad Posted at 12-16 00:23
is the remote connect easily when the cam is on standby mode? and could it pair with 2 camera?

to:
the remote connect easily when the cam is on standby mode?
My cam powers off after 5 min.. In this time the remote works.  
to:
and could it pair with 2 camera?
My tests failed with 2 cams.
2022-12-16
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

to:
to:
and could it pair with 2 camera?
My tests failed with 2 cams.
2022-12-16
Use props
CRAIGMART75
First Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yaman-Python Posted at 11-4 17:18
I would be interested in having a remote for OA3, but I would recommend DJI to make a more universal one that could be attached to anything, a rod, a hand wrist, a finger, a backpack shoulder strap. The remote could have some fixture that could be attached to various types (different lengths) of velcro strapes. And no need to put a magnet in it.

Yes a Universal DJI action cam Remote would be Great
2022-12-21
Use props
Eary Ahmad
lvl.1
Malaysia

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 2022-12-16 00:31
to:

tq for your replying my question.Cause i've 2 action3 cam which i need to be easily pair.Does DJI probably release a new version for the Action3 remote controller?I wish DJI would make the remote screen with backlight.Don't do as new GoPro Remote, only lcd with no backlite. Insta360 new remote has backlight too...just for the sake of comparison for best remote.
2023-1-12
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

Eary Ahmad Posted at 1-12 10:51
tq for your replying my question.Cause i've 2 action3 cam which i need to be easily pair.Does DJI probably release a new version for the Action3 remote controller?I wish DJI would make the remote screen with backlight.Don't do as new GoPro Remote, only lcd with no backlite. Insta360 new remote has backlight too...just for the sake of comparison for best remote.
use your  gopro and be happy
oa3  need a standvy option

2023-1-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lutzmix Posted at 1-12 11:51
use your  gopro and be happy
oa3  need a standvy option

Be happy if the go pr actually records your video
2023-1-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Eary Ahmad Posted at 1-12 10:51
tq for your replying my question.Cause i've 2 action3 cam which i need to be easily pair.Does DJI probably release a new version for the Action3 remote controller?I wish DJI would make the remote screen with backlight.Don't do as new GoPro Remote, only lcd with no backlite. Insta360 new remote has backlight too...just for the sake of comparison for best remote.

There is no information on a new remote control specific to A3, so it’s highly unlikely you will see one. The one for A2 works fine. I think no matter what camera DJI came out with there would be others saying could they not do what go pro did or insta or Sony . Most of the people commenting here are those who suffer with buyers remorse nothing will ever be good enough for them, one thing I have noticed is the same people produce almost nothing, its as though they buy the likes of the A3 so they can watch themselves complain and go out of their way to drag others down with them.
Don’t be one of them join the creators and learn something of value you will be a lot happier for making the right choice .
2023-1-15
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

fix the remote with velcro
not useable with motobike gloves

cable ties are better

cant select or start hdr video!

no bt sign at camera screen
IMG_20230127_111308.jpg
IMG_20230127_111219.jpg
IMG_20230127_111126.jpg
IMG_20230127_111404.jpg
IMG_20230127_111445.jpg
IMG_20230127_112758.jpg
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_WL4Y0CUOtTlh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I don't understand why they won't make a universal controller or a dedicated one for the camera, people were asking about the controller when action 1 came out in 2019
2023-1-28
Use props
Yoni Bliss
lvl.1
Greece

Hello. Purchased an action 3 camera. I'd like to get a selfie stick. I hope this isn’t too much of a stupid question, I hope this isn’t too much of a stupid question, but but how do I press thbue shutter button to take a photo when tabut but when taking a photo, it's to far away to reach.
2023-7-15
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

start 1click  stopp 2click

2023-10-15
Use props
lutzmix
Captain
Germany

MeBike adapter ?