lvl.2
Flight distance : 44150 ft
United States

How does invisible selfie stick works?
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kan_i2003yahoo.com. Good day and thank you for reaching out. With the new feature of the DJI Osmo Action 3 ( InvisiStick for Skiing ), the DJI Mimo application unlocks the power of your smartphone to get the most out of the DJI Osmo Action 3. It uses cloud computing and AI algorithms to eliminate the selfie stick for skiing and snowboarding scenarios, giving you breathtaking footage that looks like it was shot by a professional. Thank you.
2022-9-16
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Interesting. I think someone could come up with a program (we call that "AI" nowadays, it is so much more fancier ans cool!) which could make the stick invisible in post production in all situations, not only the snow one. Snow is probably the easiest situation since the sharp and continuous stick/snow contrast will make it easy to identify the stick and then make color corrections to make it vanish. But I suppose a more sophisticated algorithm would work in all situations. Just a call to open-source programmers out there~
2022-9-19
Use props
kan_i2003yahoo.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44150 ft
United States

It would be nice if it’s not just the snow and something like selfie stick technology that the camera recognize and deletes it from video/photos.
2022-9-19
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

If AI can remove the selfie stick like shown in the promo video - that is a first and would be amazing in itself.  Hopefully in a real world application with end users actually on the slopes - we can do exactly the same thing - and get exactly the same results.  Plan to test this myself personally when the slopes open this season.  Both skiing and snowboarding.  My guess is the AI implementation will not be perfect - maybe going in and out of frame.  But we will see soon enough.  

Hoping however that they get the AI algorithm spot on the first go.  Good on DJI to push this envelope.

2022-9-19
Use props
lao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 721496 ft
Sweden

Hi DJI, I bought the adventure combo with the selfie stick because when watching your ads it seemed like the invisible stick worked in all scenarios..

I really hope you can make this happen with a software update soon? Insta360 already has it working perfectly with even longer selfie sticks!
2022-10-17
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

The invisible selfie stick feature on my new Insta360 X3 is amazing.  Works with any background.
2022-10-17
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Picked up my OA3 adventure pack today and shot some videos. Transferred to iPhone using Mimo app but I Don’t see any option to remove the selfie stick
2022-10-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Ken-W Posted at 10-17 09:54
Picked up my OA3 adventure pack today and shot some videos. Transferred to iPhone using Mimo app but I Don’t see any option to remove the selfie stick

You need to download another app for that feature, can't remember what it is called but it should say in Mimo app
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_ZIXaI8SrTnSY
New

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-16 21:52
Hello there kan_i2003yahoo.com. Good day and thank you for reaching out. With the new feature of the DJI Osmo Action 3 ( InvisiStick for Skiing ), the DJI Mimo application unlocks the power of your smartphone to get the most out of the DJI Osmo Action 3. It uses cloud computing and AI algorithms to eliminate the selfie stick for skiing and snowboarding scenarios, giving you breathtaking footage that looks like it was shot by a professional. Thank you.

Hi where exactly do you go to make this invisible stick edit happen within the App? Tried searching all over for it
Thanks
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ZIXaI8SrTnSY Posted at 10-17 19:22
Hi where exactly do you go to make this invisible stick edit happen within the App? Tried searching all over for it
Thanks

Hi there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. After shooting a skiing video with the DJI Osmo Action 3, you can connect it to the DJI Mimo application to eliminate the selfie stick. To ensure the elimination effect works adequately, use the DJI Osmo Action 3 1.5m Extension Rod Kit ( https://store.dji.com/product/os ... -kit?from=store-nav ) when shooting and try to avoid covering any of your body parts with it. Thank you.
2022-10-17
Use props
lao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 721496 ft
Sweden

10-Bit Posted at 10-17 07:32
The invisible selfie stick feature on my new Insta360 X3 is amazing.  Works with any background.

Strange if DJI can't make similar software..
2022-10-18
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

lao Posted at 10-18 01:19
Strange if DJI can't make similar software..

Yep.  The Insta removal is simply amazing.
2022-10-18
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 22:08
Hi there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. After shooting a skiing video with the DJI Osmo Action 3, you can connect it to the DJI Mimo application to eliminate the selfie stick. To ensure the elimination effect works adequately, use the DJI Osmo Action 3 1.5m Extension Rod Kit ( https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-action-3-extension-rod-kit?from=store-nav ) when shooting and try to avoid covering any of your body parts with it. Thank you.

I'm going to try this in a bit - does this ONLY work when skiing or would it work for other activities like hiking, running, cycling, driving (passenger, not driver)?

And after I've transferred the video from Osmo Action 3 into my Mimo app and view it in the Mimo album, what do I need to do to get the AI to remove the selfie stick?
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ken-W Posted at 10-27 23:25
I'm going to try this in a bit - does this ONLY work when skiing or would it work for other activities like hiking, running, cycling, driving (passenger, not driver)?

And after I've transferred the video from Osmo Action 3 into my Mimo app and view it in the Mimo album, what do I need to do to get the AI to remove the selfie stick?

Hi there Ken-W. Good day and thank you for these inquiries. The InvisiStick function only works when skiing. To use the InvisiStick function kindly please follow the process below.

1. Go to the DJI Mimo application, and connect to DJI Osmo Action 3, then download videos to the album.
2. Go to the DJI Mimo application album. Select the video to have the 1.5m Extention Rod removed. Tap the settings icon at the lower right corner.
3. Select the InvisiStick function.
4. Upload the video to the cloud.
5. The cloud will automatically remove the 1.5m Extension Rod, and return the video.

Thank you.
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_gUXANat3R2r0
New

Italy

I have an Osmo action 1
The invisibile stick works or not ?
I want to know before buying it
2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_tXfql7tWsUI3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68970 ft
United Kingdom

I think it's a little unfair to compare it to the Insta360. As a 360 degree camera there is a "dead zone" between the two lenses, and the selfie stick sits in that zone. If you put the OA3 on a selfie stick and point it so the selfie stick is out of the view of the lens (e.g. behind the cameras, or at right angles to the direction the lens points) you wouldn't see the selfie stick either.
2022-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules