1543 26 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Your Friend
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys I was thinking of getting the Mavic 3. What do you think? Should I get it? I found a used one for sale. It comes with a fly more kit and a dji rc pro. The guy wants $2k for it
2022-9-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Your Friend,

Just regarding the part on getting a used one. If you found it on Amazon and not able to contact the actual previous user to unbind their account from this drone, you may end up getting a drone that you can't activate. I heard many stories of people buying used DJI drones on Amazon where there is no actual prior owner known and getting a drone they can barely use or can't use at all. Just 2 cents for you to be ware.
If you can get in touch with the seller , like it's on Ebay and if the price is good and seller can unbid their account from the drone, it might be worth it if you need obstacle avoidance from all directions, large battery (that is the same as on your Mini 3 Pro though), HDR video (Mini 3 Pro has it but on lower end), higher wing resistance than Mini 3 Pro, 10 bit D-log for shooting in flat color profile for HDR delivery. Also another advantage over Mini 3 Pro is the secondary zoom tele lens , but it can only shoot in normal color profile at 4k 30fps. Overall image quality and also low light shooting is far superior than Mini 3 Pro. Hope this helps in your decision. (imho if you can't contact the seller to unbind his / her prior DJI account, may not be worth the risk of getting already activated and linked to someone else's account drone).

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-19
Use props
Your Friend
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-19 11:00
Hi Your Friend,

Just regarding the part on getting a used one. If you found it on Amazon and not able to contact the actual previous user to unbind their account from this drone, you may end up getting a drone that you can't activate. I heard many stories of people buying used DJI drones on Amazon where there is no actual prior owner known and getting a drone they can barely use or can't use at all. Just 2 cents for you to be ware.

Thanks for the advice. I want to meet with the guy face to face. He is selling it on Facebook. Do you think it's worth it for $2k?
2022-9-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Your Friend Posted at 9-19 11:30
Thanks for the advice. I want to meet with the guy face to face. He is selling it on Facebook. Do you think it's worth it for $2k?

You are welcome Your Friend. Which one is it btw, is it Mavic 3 Cine or Mavic 3 regular? Just checked prices on both Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine and it seems to be like a great price in either case (provided the drone is in good condition). Imho you are getting at least a 50% discount on it vs if you bought it new. Maybe worth meeting with the guy selling it and while he watches linking it to your DJI account to ensure he did unlink his account and testing it flies fine (to test you can do the following: check it gets a home point in about 40 seconds, test calibration of gimbal, compass and IMU , taking it up in the air and flying up / down / left / right / yaw, fly a little further away and invoke home point return to ensure it auto returns. Imho if all this works and video quality is good on the screen of RC Pro, it sounds like a really good deal. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-19 11:41
You are welcome Your Friend. Which one is it btw, is it Mavic 3 Cine or Mavic 3 regular? Just checked prices on both Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine and it seems to be like a great price in either case (provided the drone is in good condition). Imho you are getting at least a 50% discount on it vs if you bought it new. Maybe worth meeting with the guy selling it and while he watches linking it to your DJI account to ensure he did unlink his account and testing it flies fine (to test you can do the following: check it gets a home point in about 40 seconds, test calibration of gimbal, compass and IMU , taking it up in the air and flying up / down / left / right / yaw, fly a little further away and invoke home point return to ensure it auto returns. Imho if all this works and video quality is good on the screen of RC Pro, it sounds like a really good deal. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Mike.

This is the Mavic 3. I checked and all that he has would cost over $4k brand new. BTW which one do you have? And also do you know if you can record in pro-res on the standard version of the Mavic 3?
2022-9-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 9-19 12:03
This is the Mavic 3. I checked and all that he has would cost over $4k brand new. BTW which one do you have? And also do you know if you can record in pro-res on the standard version of the Mavic 3?

I actually have Mavic 3 Cine. You won't be able to record in ProRes on regular Mavic 3. Imho if you are not required by your job to deliver in ProRes for another team , etc. to further edit your footage, regular H.265 is just fine. I have a Mavic 3 Cine that is capable of ProRes, but I find myself using H.265 all the time as it is just fine quality wise for me. Yes imho $2k is a good deal even if it's a regular (non Cine) Mavic 3.
2022-9-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-19 12:09
I actually have Mavic 3 Cine. You won't be able to record in ProRes on regular Mavic 3. Imho if you are not required by your job to deliver in ProRes for another team , etc. to further edit your footage, regular H.265 is just fine. I have a Mavic 3 Cine that is capable of ProRes, but I find myself using H.265 all the time as it is just fine quality wise for me. Yes imho $2k is a good deal even if it's a regular (non Cine) Mavic 3.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Have you had any problems with your drone?
2022-9-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 9-19 12:11
Ok thanks for letting me know. Have you had any problems with your drone?

You are welcome Drey. We all here had problems when Mavic 3 got released imho, but now with all the software updates, the drone is very polished and works well. The many problems in the beginning were related to slow acquisition of the home point via GPS (couple of minutes vs now 40 seconds).
2022-9-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-19 12:14
You are welcome Drey. We all here had problems when Mavic 3 got released imho, but now with all the software updates, the drone is very polished and works well. The many problems in the beginning were related to slow acquisition of the home point via GPS (couple of minutes vs now 40 seconds).

Nice. Does AT work good?
2022-9-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 3 is a great drone, but to have a GREAT experience I would really suggest buying from an authorized retailer.  Otherwise, you had better be able to self-support and understand caveat emptor.
2022-9-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-19 13:05
The Mavic 3 is a great drone, but to have a GREAT experience I would really suggest buying from an authorized retailer.  Otherwise, you had better be able to self-support and understand caveat emptor.

Ok I understand
2022-9-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-19 13:05

But I don't have the money
2022-9-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 9-19 12:43
Nice. Does AT work good?

Active track works great, but it's not better than Skydio 2 or Skydio 2+ if you are hoping to get that level of tracking. It is probably the best of any DJI drone on the market, but Skydio 2 / 2+ has better AT imho, though the camera on Skydio 2 / 2+ is just mediocre.
2022-9-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-19 14:21
Active track works great, but it's not better than Skydio 2 or Skydio 2+ if you are hoping to get that level of tracking. It is probably the best of any DJI drone on the market, but Skydio 2 / 2+ has better AT imho, though the camera on Skydio 2 / 2+ is just mediocre.

I have the skydio 2+
2022-9-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-19 14:21
Active track works great, but it's not better than Skydio 2 or Skydio 2+ if you are hoping to get that level of tracking. It is probably the best of any DJI drone on the market, but Skydio 2 / 2+ has better AT imho, though the camera on Skydio 2 / 2+ is just mediocre.

So it's decently better than the DJI Air 2s?
2022-9-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 9-19 16:55
So it's decently better than the DJI Air 2s?

It's definitely miles better than Air 2s because it has omni directional obstacle sensing and avoidance for front and back movements.  Air 2s when tracking can not go left or right as it is at risk of crashing that way as it does not see the sides, Mavic 3 is like Mavic 2 , it sees the sides as well. Imho active track on Mavic 3 is similar to the Mavic 2 , but even more polished. It's definitely much better than Air 2s, but it is not as good as Skydio 2 / 2+ with their proprietary autonomous flying / tracking. I did some testing of Mavic 3 on wooded trail with many trees branches hanging over the trail, it does a good job avoiding them, changing altitude when tracking being able to locate narrow openings in tree branches and fly through them. It did lose me though a few times on some challenging parts of the trail, where Skydio 2 that I also have was able to fly through just fine. Still much better than Air 2s and Mavic 2.
2022-9-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 9-19 16:54
I have the skydio 2+

Nice, how do you like it? I have the original Skydio 2, the tracking is great on it, but even though they advertise the camera being able to do HDR, it is their own definition of HDR in 8 bit (multiple exposure video capture), not traditional HDR where you are required to have at least 10 bits of color like Mavic 3 has.
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Your Friend. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference about the DJI Mavic 3 is DJI's next-generation flagship consumer camera drone and major upgrades include:

1. The DJI Mavic 3 offers significantly improved imaging performance thanks to its 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera and 24mm-equivalent lightweight lens. It can record up to 5.1K/50fps or 4K/120fps videos.
2 The DJI Mavic 3 Cine supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, and Apple ProRes 422 LT encoding, offering better image quality and greater flexibility during post-processing.
3. The flight experience has also been comprehensively improved with the flight time extended to 46 minutes. And thanks to incredibly stable O3+ technology, video transmission can reach up to 15 km.
4. The DJI Mavic 3 is equipped with an omnidirectional obstacle sensing system and supports the upgraded APAS 5.0 and Advanced RTH, letting creators enjoy safe flight with peace of mind.

Thank you.
2022-9-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-19 19:44
Hello there Your Friend. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference about the DJI Mavic 3 is DJI's next-generation flagship consumer camera drone and major upgrades include:

1. The DJI Mavic 3 offers significantly improved imaging performance thanks to its 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera and 24mm-equivalent lightweight lens. It can record up to 5.1K/50fps or 4K/120fps videos.

Thanks DJI Stephen
2022-9-20
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-19 19:06
Nice, how do you like it? I have the original Skydio 2, the tracking is great on it, but even though they advertise the camera being able to do HDR, it is their own definition of HDR in 8 bit (multiple exposure video capture), not traditional HDR where you are required to have at least 10 bits of color like Mavic 3 has.

To be honest I don't like it as much as I thought I would... The tracking is nice but that's all the drone was made to do. the flight experience is horrible with the normal Controller... I got a sports kit with both of the controllers, ND filters and cases. I got all that for $780 so I decided that there is no Point in keeping it because I can sell it for $1600 which is more than double.
2022-9-20
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 9-20 04:49
To be honest I don't like it as much as I thought I would... The tracking is nice but that's all the drone was made to do. the flight experience is horrible with the normal Controller... I got a sports kit with both of the controllers, ND filters and cases. I got all that for $780 so I decided that there is no Point in keeping it because I can sell it for $1600 which is more than double.

So anyways it's for sale.
FYI everything that I have costs over $1900
2022-9-20
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Camera wise it’s a great drone. However the software is still lacking, so if you are looking to use it for mapping/surveying jobs it’s not gonna work for you, as you can’t “program” it for complicated missions.
2022-9-20
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 9-20 04:49

Wow you got a good deal on it.  I bought mine new and waited online for close to year to get the Skydio 2 also sports package. I am keeping it for follow me missions, otherwise I am with you on it, it does not seem to be meant to be flown manually like Mavic, it pretty much has a mind of its own and when flown manually would not obey sticks well and do what it wants imho.
2022-9-20
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-20 06:05
Wow you got a good deal on it.  I bought mine new and waited online for close to year to get the Skydio 2 also sports package. I am keeping it for follow me missions, otherwise I am with you on it, it does not seem to be meant to be flown manually like Mavic, it pretty much has a mind of its own and when flown manually would not obey sticks well and do what it wants imho.

Yup definitely agree
2022-9-20
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 9-20 05:36
Camera wise it’s a great drone. However the software is still lacking, so if you are looking to use it for mapping/surveying jobs it’s not gonna work for you, as you can’t “program” it for complicated missions.

I need it. to replace my DJI Air 2s and my Skydio 2+
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Drey. I Posted at 9-20 04:45
Thanks DJI Stephen

Hi there Drey. I. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_5VnamipLdduS
lvl.1
Germany

DJI is the biggest scammer ever not to Release ProRes for ActiveTrack! This is outrageous! Me and my colleagues will never buy DJI products again without checking them for scammy marketing first.

We need to raise our voices to call them out
2023-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules