RS3 Pro battery grip falling off
3198 11 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfabdfe10
lvl.1

South Korea

Hello,
i had gotten my first RS3 Pro some 3-4 weeks ago and immediately noticed that the battery handle comes off without even touching the safety button. So if one during shooting accidentally switches the lever so that it is unlocked the grip just comes off without pushing the safety button.

After searching around I found out, that this was already an issue with the RS2 and that people had their gimbals exchanged. So I thought that would be a simple and easy issue.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-227568-1-1.html    (Link to previous issue thread with RS2)

In the end it turned out that I needed about 15 phone calls, 20+ mails and 3 weeks of waiting before I got a replacement.

Now I got the new one and....drumroll....broken again!!! Exact same issue.

So I want to know am I just the unluckiest guy in the DJI world or do other people also have that issue?

When I take the grip off it clearly is visible that the safety button mechanically moves a lock inside the gimbal but the grip just comes off without pushing that button if just the lock-lever is pushed into "open" position.

If it is like this I would never trust this gimbal in a heated situation with a heavy camera attached. If I accidentally unlock it in the heat of the action the grip will just fall off with my camera attached and I could lose thousands of dollars and ruin a shoot.

Please let me know if other people also have a similar issue.  

Cheers!

Seoulman
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue. Could you please provide us with the case number(CAS) to check more details? Please also provide us with the relevant photo or video about the issue of the new one.
2022-9-19
Use props
fansfabdfe10
lvl.1

Germany

Now it is getting better and better! Just got a call form DJI Service Center. You know what they told me???

The battery grip falling off is normal!

So the safety button they just installed for good looks??

This is outrageous! If I built a malfunctioning item and then tell the clients it is not a bug, it is a feature!

We want your camera to fall off....that will be a great user experience for you! What is going on in these people's heads??

Is there nobody else here with that issue?

2022-9-20
Use props
fansfabdfe10
lvl.1

South Korea

2022-9-20
Use props
fansfabdfe10
lvl.1

South Korea

Hmm..image upload does not seem to work. Anyway in the manual it clearly states:

"To remove the grip, toggle the lever to the unlocked position, hold down the safety button, and pull the
grip away from the gimbal."

But DJI AS center tells me it is just for decoration purpose and that the grip comes off without the button being touched is absolutely normal...

2022-9-20
Use props
fansfabdfe10
lvl.1

South Korea

For anybody wanting to see what I am talking about here al little video of the grip falling off once the lever has accidentally been pushed out locking position  (so if in underslung mode your whole camera just fell off with the gimbal)

https://we.tl/t-wCZiSjL6oS
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfabdfe10 Posted at 9-20 20:54
For anybody wanting to see what I am talking about here al little video of the grip falling off once the lever has accidentally been pushed out locking position  (so if in underslung mode your whole camera just fell off with the gimbal)

https://we.tl/t-wCZiSjL6oS

Thank you for your feedback. Components related to the fixing and locking of the gimbal and grip include the grip lever, safety button, and the lever inside the port connecting the gimbal and grip. This linking mechanism comprises different parts. In addition to the locking function, when the grip lever is toggled to unlock position, the lever will be unlocked due to the structure linkage effect. In addition, the lever is designed with internal and external inclined surfaces, when it is removed with force, the lever will retract along the slot on the inclined surface to remove the battery grip.
Apart from controlling the lever, the safety button also prevents the grip lever from springing back. Given this, when removing the grip, we recommend holding down the safety button and pulling the grip away from the gimbal.
2022-9-21
Use props
fansfabdfe10
lvl.1

South Korea

Sorry, but that is in no way any answer to my complaint. I do not need a copy-paste technical reply without any real answer to my issue. I had some 20+ apologies from DJI HQ and DJI Korea recently and even been offered some money for my troubles. But all I really want is a functioning gimbal that does not fall apart if I accidentally switch an unsecured lever.

as mentioned: depending the situation the whole upper part of the gimbal could EASILY fall of with my camera attached to it causing probably my camera, the attached lease and the gimbal to break causing some 7000-9000 USD of damage depending on the lens attached.

having a safety button that actually needs to be pushed to release the grip makes perfect sense. so I understand why the button is there!

what I do not understand is why you guys try to explain me that the fact that the grip comes off without the pushing of the button is "normal".

so in case I am too dumb: explain to me exactly what you want to convey to me. no technical Blabla about some "linking mechanism being comprised of different parts!" it is in the nature of any linking mechanism on the planet too be comprised of different parts. otherwise it would not be a "linking" mechanism, right???

so just tell me if the button has any safety function or is mostly decoration and the battery grip just falling off without the button being even touched should be considered "normal".

it is a simpel question and can be answered in a simple manner!

Thank you!

Anton
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfabdfe10 Posted at 9-21 03:24
Sorry, but that is in no way any answer to my complaint. I do not need a copy-paste technical reply without any real answer to my issue. I had some 20+ apologies from DJI HQ and DJI Korea recently and even been offered some money for my troubles. But all I really want is a functioning gimbal that does not fall apart if I accidentally switch an unsecured lever.

as mentioned: depending the situation the whole upper part of the gimbal could EASILY fall of with my camera attached to it causing probably my camera, the attached lease and the gimbal to break causing some 7000-9000 USD of damage depending on the lens attached.

We noticed that your case has been escalated and our team is following up on your case. We will forward your concerns to our team and ask them to reply to your email asap. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-9-21
Use props
fansfabdfe10
lvl.1

South Korea

Yes, has been escalated since weeks I was told. Sadly today I got a call from DJI Korea telling me the grip falling off is "perfectly normal" and that is by design. So excuse me when I am getting a bit confused here why I get a replacement and money offered from DJI if it is all perfectly normal.

And why you create a safety switch when it has no function and does not keep my camera and gimbal "safe"

I wish somebody would not just apologize but send a working gimbal ASAP so that I can get back to work instead of dealing with this for weeks and weeks now...

anyway I shall look forward and see how this all turns out...
2022-9-21
Use props
JoshJeck
New

United States

Hey, I was just assembling my gimbal and also noticed that the button lock seems pointless and that the lock lever seems so flimsy and cheap? Did anything ever happen after sending your units back and did you ever get the problem fixed?
2022-11-9
Use props
fansfabdfe10
lvl.1

South Korea

Nope! They just told me that is the way at should be: Useless and flimsy by design. Not a bug...a feature!
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules