Mini2 GPS Coordinates not Transferring to iPhone
1050 2 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe18d66f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122618 ft
United States

Question:  How do I get my Mini2 images to pass to my iPhone with the Exif information coming along with the images?  I know the Exif information is there on the Mini2  SD card.  And, I do have the pictures transfering to my iPhone, I think via Wifi.

Please help me.  I've used my Mini2 to locate lost RC airplanes in corn fields.  I use the GPS coordinates from images of the airplanes along with Google Maps to walk straight to the airplanes.  In the past when the Mini2's images were passed to my iPhone I could view the Exif information, copy the GPS Coordinates, and paste them into Google Maps and get a location pin on a map showing me the location of the missing model airplane.  No matter what I try I can no longer get the coordinates (or any other Exif data) from the iPhone images.  The Exif data does exist in my Mini2's micro SD card, but I have to view it on my computer at home.  This greatly slows down my downed model location procedure.  I think I may simply have forgoten the correct procedure.

2022-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try using quick transfer to copy the images. the fly app usually mangles the exif otherwise.  
2022-9-24
Use props
fansfe18d66f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122618 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-24 01:49
Try using quick transfer to copy the images. the fly app usually mangles the exif otherwise.

I tried quick transfer after following a few videos on how to do it.  I think I was doing it correctly, but the GPS information was still no showing up in my iPhone 10.  I reconnected the micro SD card to my computer and verified that the GPS information is there.  It is there.  One of the videos said to double tap the button on my mini2.  That did not work.  One of the videos said to hold the button.  That did work.  What do I try next?  Please help me.
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules