Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Required?
1331 6 2015-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hammerdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34442 ft

United States

So does the new roll back feature mean we now have the option to opt out of future updates? Meaning the drone is no longer considered a cloud connected drone? What does that mean for batts, TX and Polit apps? Can we mix and match software? I`m IOS btw and have not updated from  1.2.1.06 on the bird/bats/TX as if yet.

Also- Has anyone seen any new bugs anywhere with 1.3? Aside from some of the update issues?

Thanks all!
2015-8-9
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

What do you mean cloud connected and forced updates? I haven't updated since January, they can't force you to update.  The new update only allows you to revert back to the version before it in case the new one
2015-8-9
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Causes you issues or has a major bug
2015-8-9
Use props
hammerdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34442 ft

United States

Pardon that question but I have just purchased my I1 about as week ago and haven`t even flown it yet. These packages were advertised as requiring (most current) updates to fly. Apparently that's not the case?? Been reading this forum and manuals like a software developer (which I am) and apparently haven`t found the thread or page that says "don`t bother" with the update if you`re flying fine... Is this the case???
2015-8-9
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Depends what you want to use it for, some firmware/app versions have major bugs, some removed or broke features.  If you plan to use sdk to write your own app then you definitely do not want the newest version of firmware as it screws up the ability of 3rd party apps to communicate with the inspire.  
2015-8-9
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Also the rollback feature doesn't fully roll it back all hardware that was updated, so sdk won't work if you do that either.
2015-8-9
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

I'm not so sure that new dji go app will work with old firmware, the original app is dji pilot.  If you run android you can easily get the pilot version but if you run crapple you will have to find someone who has it that will let you use their itunes account to download it. Make sure you turn off auto update if you use older versions of the app.
2015-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules