Neat battery charger
1205 20 2022-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Got this today and appears to be working ok.

It can charge all 4 air2 / 2s batteries at once in about 110 minutes.  Also has usb 3A output for phones and controllers.
You can also flick the switch and charge to 60% which is known as storage charge.  I know these batteries intelligently do this themselves so may only use this for winter when not flying.

From a well known online retailer but can get from AliExpress if you are prepared to wait.
20220926_195351.jpg
20220926_195358.jpg
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Great one! Thanks for sharing this accessory with us, chillibadger. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice find and thanks for sharing.  
2022-9-27
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

Very cool!  Thanks!

It seems to be about the same price on both sites?
2022-9-27
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tonered Posted at 9-27 06:15
Very cool!  Thanks!

It seems to be about the same price on both sites?

For the UK it was £8 more than getting from Ali as they had postage and duty.  I got the next day using UK site which was worth not waiting.
2022-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good
2022-9-27
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Thanks.
This looks so good I just ordered one from ebay.
2022-9-27
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 9-27 11:35
Thanks.
This looks so good I just ordered one from ebay.

Nice 1 enjoy
2022-9-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

here comes the battery fires
2022-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job nice find..
2022-9-27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Looks great! However, I'm still a bit hesitant of using non-DJI chargers with DJI batteries which are very expensive.
Where did you buy this charger? I'm interested of getting something like this in the future too!

Also, I'm surprised that the DJI Moderator didn't say that "it isn't recommended to use third party chargers for safety reasons"!
2022-9-27
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yaros1 Posted at 9-27 13:32
Looks great! However, I'm still a bit hesitant of using non-DJI chargers with DJI batteries which are very expensive.
Where did you buy this charger? I'm interested of getting something like this in the future too!

It was Amazon.  Never leave batteries on charge regardless of dji or non branded charger.  I have used lots of lipo lion chargers for model aircraft for ages.  This charger reduces amps as it gets to the end of the charge cycle which is what most hobby chargers do

Personally i dont like the air2s rectangle charger as it seems fiddly to seat the batteries.  Personal choice using this.

After i charged the batteries i checked them on the dji charger and there was no more to give
2022-9-27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

chillibadger Posted at 9-27 13:54
It was Amazon.  Never leave batteries on charge regardless of dji or non branded charger.  I have used lots of lipo lion chargers for model aircraft for ages.  This charger reduces amps as it gets to the end of the charge cycle which is what most hobby chargers do

Personally i dont like the air2s rectangle charger as it seems fiddly to seat the batteries.  Personal choice using this.

Great!
I know it's risky, however I do leave DJI batteries charging overnight and even when I leave the house.
This is only because I treat them good enough to know that they will not randomly combust. I have been flying regular LiPos before DJI drones, and with those I was more careful, I didn't leave them charging like that overnight.

DJI batteries have protection circuits in them, plus the DJI official chargers have another board that controls the charging, so it's pretty unlikely for them to light on fire. One exception is if the batteries are already damaged, swollen, punctured, and so on…
2022-9-28
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

chillibadger Posted at 9-27 06:34
For the UK it was £8 more than getting from Ali as they had postage and duty.  I got the next day using UK site which was worth not waiting.

Ah!  That makes sense.
2022-9-28
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

I have been using this for a year now. This was a good charger but now it doesn't want to charge to 60% to all my four batteries.

Sometimes it skips one battery randomly and I have to re attach the connector to get it to 60% several times before it starts to charge. I have tested for faulty cable / port / batteries and there are no issues there, it's the charger itself.
2022-9-30
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I recently received this charger, and it seems to be well built and of good quality, it does exactly what it is supposed to do. I checked the output voltage, it was fine. All in all I am happy with it.
2022-10-19
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 10-19 05:15
I recently received this charger, and it seems to be well built and of good quality, it does exactly what it is supposed to do. I checked the output voltage, it was fine. All in all I am happy with it.

Nice one thats great news.  I like it too.
2022-10-19
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

I purchased one of this from Amazon. I tried to charge a battery and I noticed that, except when connected to channel #1, the charging stopped at 12.2V (not 12.6V), that corresponds to 92%. On channel #1 the charging continues, but I cannot accept this behaviour: I expect all the channels work in the same way and provide a 100% charge. I don't know if it's a defective item, or if the overall project is wrong.
I sent it back.
2022-11-30
Use props
Snook911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425180 ft
United States

Nice Charger. I have this one from the same company.  It charges slightly faster but otherwise looks very similar.   It has been great so far!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J7M ... ExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=[/url]
2022-12-5
Use props
Snook911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425180 ft
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 9-30 23:42
I have been using this for a year now. This was a good charger but now it doesn't want to charge to 60% to all my four batteries.

Sometimes it skips one battery randomly and I have to re attach the connector to get it to 60% several times before it starts to charge. I have tested for faulty cable / port / batteries and there are no issues there, it's the charger itself.

On the Amazon site is says this charger has a storage feature that will only charge the batteries to 60%

From the listing on Amazon:

【Storage Charging mode】Using 60% Storage charging mode, batteries with less than 2 cells will be charged to 2-3 cells. NOTE: In this mode, if the battery level is higher than 40%, the battery may not be able to charge. Long-term storage of the battery, storage mode can reduce the bulging caused by the full charge or the dead caused by the battery power is too low

Maybe you accidently put it into Storage charger mode?  
2022-12-5
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Snook911 Posted at 12-5 13:04
On the Amazon site is says this charger has a storage feature that will only charge the batteries to 60%

From the listing on Amazon:

Sorry for the late reply. I am well aware of its functions. I meant to say that when it is set to storage mode (60% charging), it will randomly skip one of my four batteries and only charge it up to 2 LEDs. Upon reconnecting the battery it charges normally to 60% (3rd LED blinking).

This behavior is new and there is a possibility that it is not even the charger but rather one of the batteries itself.
2022-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules