DJI Tello Update Firmware Problem solved
13565 13 2022-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drones_bulgaria
lvl.3
Bulgaria

I had really a problem with my Tello and Ryze Support ... basically cut me out. So I had to search for a solution to update my drone due to image stabilization problems with the default one. I tried many times with the Tello app to update.. nothing happened. It always says It was with Latest firmware. So DJI Support told me nothing they can do and it was due to an Incompatible android phone. That was not true, because I tried at least 5 different phones, newer ones that ware IN the list of compatible devices for the app and the drone. So I found out that not only the firmware, but the App was problematic too.

And I found this in another forum:
1. Charge the battery to 100%
2. Install Tello App v.1.1.1
3. Hold the Power Button on the drone WITHOUT battery in it, then connect it to a PC/Laptop USB or a charger without letting the power button, keep it holding and insert the battery in the drone, when a green led turns off release the Power button. Then a pulsing red light will start.
4. Connect the Tello drone to your phone and go to Update setting, Download the Firmware ( it will want to connect to WiFi Network with Internet, do it without turning off the drone), after downloading finished, connect with Tello again and click the Update button, wait until the end, when a Blue light starts flashing wait for another 3-4 minutes and then restart with charging cable pulled off the drone.

That's it. I hope it will help someone
P.S. For some Reason in Tello app shows still the old version but on the update menu it says that I have downloaded v02.05.01.19 - Date 2022.05.07

2022-9-26
Use props
drones_bulgaria
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Didn't knew about this one too. So pretty much is the same but doing it without the need to connect it to the charger. :
2022-9-26
Use props
Wimov
New

Croatia

I keep getting upgrade error restart app.. i tried using mobile data to download since Tello is taking the wifi, but not working. Any help?
2022-10-8
Use props
drones_bulgaria
lvl.3
Bulgaria

When Tello app props to download the update, go to wifi and choose your wifi with internet. after download tello app will tell you to connect the drone so you can then change again to Tello's Wifi
2022-10-8
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Very frustrating!
2022-10-30
Use props
drones_bulgaria
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Unfortunately. I don't understand why Ryze are like ignoring the existence of this drone
2022-10-30
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

drones_bulgaria Posted at 10-30 22:51
Unfortunately. I don't understand why Ryze are like ignoring the existence of this drone

2022-10-31
Use props
galli.tommasohotmail.it
New
Flight distance : 36447 ft
Italy

Thank you! I’ve finally solved the firmware upgrading problem
2023-9-24
Use props
Hajnall
New

Hungary

Hi, Unfortunatelly, this method changed downgraded my latest firmver (v01.04.92.01) to v01.04.91.01 Can I update again for 92.01? Automatically not works, because when I try, then get back the firmware is the latest version message.
2023-12-17
Use props
drones_bulgaria
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Hajnall Posted at 12-17 07:07
Hi, Unfortunatelly, this method changed downgraded my latest firmver (v01.04.92.01) to v01.04.91.01  Can I update again for 92.01? Automatically not works, because when I try, then get back the firmware is the latest version message.

Please read carefully!
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hajnall Posted at 12-17 07:07
Hi, Unfortunatelly, this method changed downgraded my latest firmver (v01.04.92.01) to v01.04.91.01  Can I update again for 92.01? Automatically not works, because when I try, then get back the firmware is the latest version message.

Hi there. We do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. For further assistance, we highly recommend that you contact Ryze Robotics support using this link https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-19
Use props
László Hajnal
New

Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-19 20:12
Hi there. We do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. For further assistance, we highly recommend that you contact Ryze Robotics support using this link https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.

I tried to reach the support, but not possible. The email messages bounce back from ryzerobotics, but I tried more contact address too.
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

László Hajnal Posted at 12-20 22:23
I tried to reach the support, but not possible. The email messages bounce back from ryzerobotics, but I tried more contact address too.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific issue you experienced on your Tello drone so we can assist you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-12-22
Use props
djiuser_2mmDQv9AYf3V
New

Italy

Happy New Year! Is there any news about the possibility for the Tello to fly to A1? I am in possession of an A1-A3 license, D-Flight registration and insurance. For my use I'm fine with this little guy.
DJI has not been able to update the User Manual to include the MTOM/MTOW. What will happen to the Tello?

Thank you very much for the answer and patience...
Cosimo
1-8 22:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules