Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-29
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

If you were to apply your hand to the camera does the rattle stop?  It's just very pronounced and in other videos on YouTube I haven't heard this and they are using the magnetic mount.  I'm curious if there is something else on your bike that is making a slight rattle that is being picked up by the mics on the Action 3.  
2022-9-29
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-29
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-29
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sound almost like it is not secured properly. I never experienced this much
2022-9-29
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-29
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Thanks for the pictures, I need to check this out aswell.

Edit: I have checked mine with and without the cage on. There is little slack, but mostly sideways. But I have never experienced any problem with it.

2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. When filming footage during cycling or roller skating, the adapter mount may rub against the camera bottom, and thereby noises may occur while the microphone located at the camera bottom is picking up sounds. To avoid this, we added soft material to the center where the adapter mounts contact the camera, which is a good way to avoid noises when using the device in sports scenes, while also protecting the bottom case of the camera. When attaching the adapter mount, we recommend that you fit the clip in one side first, and then snap that in the other side. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-10-4
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-4
Use props
peseriusz
lvl.2

Poland

I have the same issue. Very annoying.
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

osmonauta Posted at 10-4 02:32
Well, yes, thank you for confirming. However, it IS an action camera. Companies who design action cameras should be aware that people will attach it to different things to create footage, especially during action, after all there's no disclaimer or small bullet point in any marketing material or otherwise which states that the camera will pick up rattling noises when attached to certain places. DJI also sells handlebar mounts for bicycles and there's no disclaimer there either.

However, as pointed out in this thread (link below) it would have been better if DJI would supply a frame that has a standard GoPro-style mount at the bottom as opposed to a magnetic mount. That universal frame would have eliminated the rattle all together due to the different (albeit standard) mounting system.

We really appreciate your feedback. We will surely forward this concern of yours to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-5
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
Italy

Hmm, if the mount isn't 100% solid that is an issue. Any movement would certainly be problematic in things like cycling and motorcycling (my intended use).

Does bulking up the pad ever-so-slightly so the clips are under a little more pressure fix it?
2022-10-8
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Mikedefieslife Posted at 10-8 12:58
Hmm, if the mount isn't 100% solid that is an issue. Any movement would certainly be problematic in things like cycling and motorcycling (my intended use).

Does bulking up the pad ever-so-slightly so the clips are under a little more pressure fix it?

It's not a problem with rattling while driving on this bumpy trail with my atv

2022-10-8
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-8
Use props
G1tgudscrub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434603 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd add some thin rubber adhesive to the bottom of the mount to make it tighter fitted

I assume that's the difference between the action 2 mounts and action 3 mounts. They did space it with small runner pad, but you may need to shim a bit more to get it to be more firm.
2022-10-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 10-8 14:31
As I just mentioned, you can't really compare motorized vehicles and bicycles. Bicycles have no shocks (at least not road bikes), and motorized vehicles have huge tires compared to a bicycle. So lot of shocks can be absorbed through the fat tires and shocks which obviously road bikes can't do.

Have to say that support was very helpful and they're sending me a new mount. Maybe mine had a manufacturing problem. So we shall see...

Think you missed my point, the stabilization in camera will make up for all shaking, and this was actually a really bumpy ride
2022-10-8
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-8
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

osmonauta Posted at 10-8 14:31
As I just mentioned, you can't really compare motorized vehicles and bicycles. Bicycles have no shocks (at least not road bikes), and motorized vehicles have huge tires compared to a bicycle. So lot of shocks can be absorbed through the fat tires and shocks which obviously road bikes can't do.

Have to say that support was very helpful and they're sending me a new mount. Maybe mine had a manufacturing problem. So we shall see...

DJI sending you a new mount - makes 100% perfect sense.  You clearly demonstrated your mount was defective.  Hard to deny.  Excellent approach.  Score 1 for DJI.
2022-10-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 10-8 16:00
But I believe we were talking about the rattling noise not the image stabilization.

Hehe I was thinking about rattling making shaking in footage
2022-10-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

get with support and either get a limited warranty on the mount or exchange for a new camera or get a new mount yourself
2022-10-9
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 10-8 14:24
It's not a problem with rattling while driving on this bumpy trail with my atv
https://youtu.be/BovUovmjUYs

Nice. That's the kind of stuff I want to see. Too many of the 'reviews' which are actually overviews are just people walking around and holding it.

Just need DJI to provide a definitive answer on gyro data now.
2022-10-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Mikedefieslife Posted at 10-9 13:29
Nice. That's the kind of stuff I want to see. Too many of the 'reviews' which are actually overviews are just people walking around and holding it.

Just need DJI to provide a definitive answer on gyro data now.

Thank you.

I mostly only use my action cameras for what they are ment for, action kind of stuff. So when testing cameras for other things (mostly vlogging) it doesn't show what the camera can do and how good it actually is.

And I found the stabilization on OA3 is really good, and way better than OA1.
2022-10-9
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

perfect for one of my FPV drones. Straight sown the road and back along the water line. Been playing with the idea of getting the Action 3. Got the 2 already and it's a really good camera as I only use it for FPV flying.
2022-10-10
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 10-8 14:24
It's not a problem with rattling while driving on this bumpy trail with my atv
https://youtu.be/BovUovmjUYs

really good stability, especially on a quad on this surface. Impressive.
2022-10-10
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-10
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Italy

osmonauta Posted at 10-10 05:42
Today I received my extra mount, sent by DJI. Sadly it has the same issue. The camera is not sitting steady on the mount and has the same issue as on the videos above. As I pointed out, yes, it is great when you put it on an ATV or motorcycle that has shock absorbers and has a roaring sound. But put it on a road bike and you will get a very different result. Also, regardless whether you have a bicycle, an ATV, or a spaceship, you put the camera on a tripod and  you will be able to move the camera sideways due to too much clearance between the mount and the camera. If you plan to hold it in your hands or on a selfie stick, possibly on an ATV you won't experience the mic picking up the rattle sound.

That sucks. Seems like your options are to come up with a DIY fix like a 3D printed mount to greater tolerances, some tape, or something else, or send it back get a gopro and never look back.
2022-10-10
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi osmonauta.
We see the issue you come across and tests some methods for this issue.
we are working on a  pasteable silencer (like a rubber or sponge) between the camera and adapter for the use case like yours.(it would need more strength to do quickrelease  though.

we put a  rubber on action3 adapter, and tune the height:
not to lock camera that tight because tight  would not make quickrelease not easy: it requires more strength to put it on and off.

Current action3 will make footage smooth , the space between camera and adapter will not affect the rocksteady and it is still easy to quickrelease.

I think a quick solution for you is to DIY a rubber or spong and put it on the adapter.

The reason for this is the mic is under the camera,  a cement road or a mountain bike will be ok. but for the road like this, it rattles.

2022-10-20
Use props
Fr4nk_C45tl3
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had mine mounted to my eMTB's handlebar on a pretty rough ride last weekend and I was shocked how good the IS was and there was no such rattling at all. I use Quadlock mount on my bike.
Not sure how big your mount is but perhaps the arm is too long and it is not very stable?  
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

Try put some rubber tape on mount. Fixade it soft. Modifie it. Always a issue there can be fixed. I use hairband as "deadcat" on many cams. fix some wind, so on. You as an cyklelist, tru cut some rubberban from a bicycle hose, wrap 1-2 aruond cam and try see if it fixade cam on mount. Yes i use that too.
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

osmonauta Posted at 10-8 16:00
But I believe we were talking about the rattling noise not the image stabilization.

Hello, there. We left you some messages in PM.  Would you please check?
2022-10-21
Use props
Bazzafox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20551 ft
United Kingdom

Why are all your posts in this thread deleted?
2022-10-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Bazzafox Posted at 10-22 23:13
Why are all your posts in this thread deleted?

I think he deleted all his posts because of 2-3 guys from UK and Ireland trolling all posts here on forum
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-23 01:53
I think he deleted all his posts because of 2-3 guys from UK and Ireland trolling all posts here on forum

I think he actually he deleted because he got a warning for trolling people and accusing them of something they’re not. It seems if you don’t agree with those around here that A3 is a bunch of crap you are called a fanboy a troll a buffoon liar loser idiot blind as a bat internet troll.
Considering a very well know you tuber was completely castigated called a liar a cheat by some because he posted an honest review about the A3. You cannot take the high moral ground here when you fail to address the abuse other people are taking here. It seems if you like the product its fair game to insult you but if you dislike it its fair game to insult anyone who doesn’t agree with you.
And just so as you know i made two posts to the OP above none where trolling and are still here on the forum.
2022-10-23
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

2022-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules