DJI MINI 3 PRO GIMBAL PROBLEMS
2990 9 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
papanini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7710 ft
Romania

Hi guys, I just received my DJI MINI 3 PRO and it seems that it has a problem keeping the gimble at the angle that I want. Let me explain (this happens in flight and also on the ground): let`s say that I start from 0 degree and if I tils the gimble downward at 10 degrees, after it refocuses, it just starts slowly tilting down until 90 degrees, very slowly without me touching the respective wheel. If I make little adjustments, it will eventually stabilize and will not start to tilt down (it only tilts down, not up).

It has the latest firmware update. When I`m recording, it does the same thing. So basically, it just can`t hold the tilt angle that I want until I play a little bit with the controller and it is annoying when you want to shoot a scene or take a picture.

I didn`t test it in portrait mode, but I really am interested in panoramic mode to not do this.

I want to know if somebody had the same problem and if I should consider sending the drone back in service or is it something that I cand fix myself.

I think it may be the left dial that I have problems with because in RC calibration mode, it does not perform as well as the right dial nor as it should. If I don`t release the dial so it can bounce right back and instead I return it to its centre slowly, the calibration still reads and it will not stop. I don`t know what the problem is but is there any way of fixing it without sending it back into service?

thank you!

2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing? In additionn kindly please perform the gimbal calibration via the DJI Fly app then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which mode the aircraft is when shooting? How about the wind speed and flight speed?
2022-10-2
Use props
papanini
lvl.1
Romania

@paladin I only have 40 min of fly time, most of it was hovering, and it did not experience anything remote to a hard landing. I looked in the fly app and I could not find the ginbal calibration. And I looked online and I don`t want to mess with python and anything like that to make the calibration because I am afraid, I will void my warranty. Can you help me in this regard with a link to a tutorial or something like that. Thanks!

@wanda I was lying in normal mode or cine mode (I don`t know exactly) but the conditions were perfect, there were no clouds and no wind. Even when I was hovering and I tilted the camera down I was experiencing this issue. After the desired tilt was set, the camera still continues to go up or down depending on the previous movement. I also tried to see if the problem persisted indoor, and it was the same.
2022-10-3
Use props
papanini
lvl.1
Romania

I found and did the gimbal calibration. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. I will try and make a screen recording with the calibration of the remote, with the dials and the sticks. Maybe someone will get a better idea of the problem and clarify if I need to send the drone back or maybe I can solve the problem myself.
2022-10-4
Use props
papanini
lvl.1
Romania

I posted the reply a second time, sorry
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_EoAcAzQst8Ac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945187 ft
Poland

Hi there,

Same here....

How did you solve your problems?
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. May we ask if you have tried calibrating the gimbal? If done, kindly post a short video showing the issue for confirmation. We'll be waiting for your update. Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-2-5
Use props
djiuser_EoAcAzQst8Ac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945187 ft
United States

Hi there,

Yes, I have tried calibrating the gimbal and RC controller.

What's better, I sent my drone in for repair and just got it back, but the problem still exists.

How is this possible? Below is a video of the RC showing user input on the gimbal wheel when untouched.

https://youtube.com/shorts/nlbxbIHdz5M

Regards
Chris
2023-2-15
Use props
papanini
lvl.1
Romania

YES

What you`ve posted in that youtube short is EXACTLY what the preblem is with mine.
But the thing is, it does not do this every time. It goes for a while untill it acts up again.
Untill now i didn`t sent the drone into service, i didn`t have the time to take care of it,  but i think i will.

I will keep you posted if i manage to resolve the issue.

Anyway, it sucks!
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules