Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Final Ascents - A Story about Climate Change and Climbing in the Sierra Nevada
1919 17 2022-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3Elements
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364885 ft
United States

Finally finished another edit from the summer. The drone is still operating amazingly. I grabbed a few shots from the parking lot at the base of the climb that this film follows and then got some pretty cool ones flying out of a fog bank back home. . Strangely enough I had to buy a knock off controller after my original was lost somewhere on Donner Summit this winter  and it works better than the original. I used to have the drone lose signal at around 600ft laterally from me and I haven’t hit a limit yet. Vertically I still hit the limitor but I’m glad to finally have a drone that operates further than just a few football fields especially with what I’m trying to capture and the completely remote places I go. Any way I put a lot of effort into this edit even though the climbing was a fail. I wanted to document something because these are some of the most famous mountaineering routes in the Western US and they have become unclimbable for the first time since well…ever….. and I wanted to put something together showing that to people. I hope this one is appreciated.

[media=x,760,570]FINAL ASCENTS [Full Movie] - A Story about Climate Change and Climbing in the Sierra Nevada https://youtu.be/01kYQ6svY5w[/media]
2022-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2022-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it is with preview
2022-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful (and sad) video!
2022-10-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely created.    
2022-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just last Sunday we watched a David Attenborough documentary about climate change and the receding glaciers and high-mountain snowcaps.
Your lovely video reinforces that message rather poignantly.
2022-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Magnificent views.  Truly sad about the negative effects of climate change.  Fantastic job on this video.  
2022-10-4
Use props
3Elements
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-3 22:37
Here it is with preview

Ha ha how did I mess this up? Thank you!
2022-10-4
Use props
3Elements
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-3 23:05
Nicely created.

Thank you!
2022-10-4
Use props
3Elements
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-4 02:08
Magnificent views.  Truly sad about the negative effects of climate change.  Fantastic job on this video.

Thank you! Yes I was pretty bummed as I dove into a little research but also the implications on CA’s water is terrifying.
2022-10-4
Use props
3Elements
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 23:53
Just last Sunday we watched a David Attenborough documentary about climate change and the receding glaciers and high-mountain snowcaps.
Your lovely video reinforces that message rather poignantly.

Thank you, I’ll have to check that one out!
2022-10-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3Elements Posted at 10-4 04:26
Thank you, I’ll have to check that one out!

If you can get it over there, you would enjoy it I'm sure.  The photography is astounding.
2022-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re very welcome.
2022-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

3Elements Posted at 10-4 04:24
Ha ha how did I mess this up? Thank you!

If you just post the url with nothing else, the forum should convert it with preview.
So just www . youtube . com ....... etc. (I added spaces so the forum does not see it as an url)
2022-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

3Elements Posted at 10-4 04:25
Thank you! Yes I was pretty bummed as I dove into a little research but also the implications on CA’s water is terrifying.

You're very welcome.    It's still really hard for me to hear some people say that Global Warming is a hoax.  Obviously they have had their head stuck in the sand (or somewhere else) and haven't got a clue.  This year's droughts have been devastating, especially for the farming community.
2022-10-4
Use props
3Elements
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-4 11:17
You're very welcome.    It's still really hard for me to hear some people say that Global Warming is a hoax.  Obviously they have had their head stuck in the sand (or somewhere else) and haven't got a clue.  This year's droughts have been devastating, especially for the farming community.

Yeah, it’s bad. And the fact we are headed for zero snow years is crazy.
2022-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

3Elements Posted at 10-4 15:21
Yeah, it’s bad. And the fact we are headed for zero snow years is crazy.

Yeah, zero snow years really punctuates this dire situation.  
2022-10-5
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2022-10-4 11:17
You're very welcome.    It's still really hard for me to hear some people say that Global Warming is a hoax.  Obviously they have had their head stuck in the sand (or somewhere else) and haven't got a clue.  This year's droughts have been devastating, especially for the farming community.

great video.
2023-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules