"EIS Priority in Low Light" - please?
3543 18 2022-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I noticed on a YouTube review that there's a setting for the Action 3 in the Mimo app which provides EIS priority in low light.  I imagine that simply keeps the shutter speed as high as possible to avoid those annoying artifacts in low light, usually around sources of light in the scene.  While this can be set manually, it would be very handy to have as an automatic option on the Action 2 also, and I imagine it wouldn't be hard to implement - any chance of that happening, please?

2022-10-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi fansfe82067d. For action2 ,if you set Manual Exposure shutter 1/200s, (or the shutter speed u like ), iso max 100~12800 , it will be almost the same.
2022-10-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-9 01:18
Hi fansfe82067d. For action2 ,if you set Manual Exposure shutter 1/200s, (or the shutter speed u like ), iso max 100~12800 , it will be almost the same.

Thanks - I recently did some tests increasing the shutter speed in that way, and now I forget what I did... I will have to recheck the YouTube video I uploaded.  But if it was relatively easy to provide the setting I mentioned in any future firmware  update, that would be easier for some people - and it's "set and forget".

You probably would tell me that no firmware update is relatively easy!  I sympathise.
2022-10-10
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-9 01:18

I'm also very keen having this. Semi-auto would be really the way to go, as 1/200 would cause overexposure when for example I'm going out from a building to a bright sunny street.
2022-10-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Danergo Posted at 10-11 12:30
I'm also very keen having this. Semi-auto would be really the way to go, as 1/200 would cause overexposure when for example I'm going out from a building to a bright sunny street.

Yes - that's what I failed to express adequately!
2022-10-11
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yesterday I got a promise from DJI, to have some feedback on this within 3-4 business days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
2022-10-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

lndeed, fingers crossed.  It  would  be more likely to happen if they were planning a FW update anyway - if not, would they issue one just for this purpose?  Well, we'll see!
2022-10-12
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Feedback arrived, this feature request has been posted to R&D. Fingers are still crossed. I hope DJI can come up with a solution for us, I don't wish to migrate to OA3, because I absolutely like the form factor of OA2.
2022-10-17
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Still waiting, feedback is: "The engineers are testing this feature and I am sure we will resolve this issue in the future."

I hope we don't have to wait too much now for it to come.
2022-10-22
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Too bad, this camera seems very much out-of DJI's focus. I don't really understand why they just don't tell us that please don't hope, just go and spend you money on Action3 if you need this feature.
2022-11-5
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

How about giving us some information folks?
2022-11-9
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Bump bump bump
2022-11-30
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Bump bump bump
2022-12-6
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Anyone from DJi. Please make this happen for us. Thank you
2023-8-1
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

I just ordered another pricey DJI stuff. Can please at least answer?
2023-8-4
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI? Please? Can you answer?
2023-8-5
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Anyone knows opensource firmware for this camera? As you can see DJI is not bothering to answer me at all.
2023-8-28
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Namibia

Anyone DJI? Or are you on holiday for 4 months?
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules