Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Taking a quadcopter into Brazil?
1979 13 2015-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmansellmoullin
New

Peru

Does anyone have any experience taking an Inspire or any quadcopter into Brazil? From what I can see on other forums, all drones (whether for comercial or personal use) are likely to be confiscated immediately by customs or Anatel (FCC equivalent) on border checks. Any experiences would be much appreciated...
2015-8-10
Use props
rbaaij
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73871 ft
Brazil

I took my Inspire-1 to Brasil. Customer check in Sao Paulo. No problem at all.
The Brasilian border controls I have experienced between Argentina and Brasil and Paraguay and Brasil are almost nonexistent.
2015-8-10
Use props
dmansellmoullin
New

Peru

rbaaij Posted at 2015-8-11 09:00
I took my Inspire-1 to Brasil. Customer check in Sao Paulo. No problem at all.
The Brasilian border  ...

Thanks rbaaij, good to hear that you had no troubles and cheers for responding.
2015-8-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did they ask you for proof of purchase?  i will be flying through Sao Paulo with my Inspire and Phantom, headed to Iguazu.  
2015-8-13
Use props
rbaaij
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73871 ft
Brazil

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-8-13 23:06
Did they ask you for proof of purchase?  i will be flying through Sao Paulo with my Inspire and Phan ...

Thats funny, I am in Foz do Iguacu right now. In Sao Paulo just go through the customs green lane (nothing to declare) with your equipment, nobody checks anything. Have a good trip
2015-8-13
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Getting into Brasil was easy.  Coming out the first screening guy opened up both bags; one Inspire and one P2.  Thankfully I had copies of all the invoices for everything.  He went through the drones and kept asking if i wads doing it for money/.  I was not and told him that.  He reviewed the invoices and soon I was on my way.  Carry those invoices folks.
This first shot was taken by my P2.  The 2nd shot by the Inspire.
Falls 6108.jpg
Amerian 0203.jpg
2015-8-24
Use props
videomaker

Brazil

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-8-24 22:49
Getting into Brasil was easy.  Coming out the first screening guy opened up both bags; one Inspire a ...

Custom checks are performed randomly. Maybe you get screened, maybe not.  Theoretically you are allowed to enter the country with a maximum of $500 us dollars worth of equipment.  Will depend on the humor of the customs official at the time. Maybe a good idea to call a Brazilian Consulate and ask for guidance. Airline may also have some good advice.
2015-8-24
Use props
videomaker

Brazil

Getting into Brasil was easy.  Coming out the first screening guy opened up both bags; one Inspire a ...

Custom checks are performed randomly. Maybe you get screened, maybe not.  Theoretically you are allowed to enter the country with a maximum of $500 us dollars worth of equipment.  Will depend on the humor of the customs official at the time. Maybe a good idea to call a Brazilian Consulate and ask for guidance. Airline may also have some good advice.
2015-8-24
Use props
videomaker

Brazil

2015-8-24
Use props
videomaker

Brazil

Custom checks are performed randomly. Maybe you get screened, maybe not.  Theoretically you are allowed to enter the country with a maximum of $500 us dollars worth of equipment.  Will depend on the humor of the customs official at the time. May be a good idea to call a Brazilian Consulate and ask for guidance. Airline may also have some good advice.
2015-8-24
Use props
videomaker

Brazil

Custom checks are performed randomly. Maybe you get screened, maybe not.  Theoretically you are allowed to enter the country with a maximum of $500 us dollars worth of equipment.  Will depend on the humor of the customs official at the time. May be a good idea to call a Brazilian Consulate and ask for guidance. Airline may also have some good advice.
2015-8-24
Use props
josh8394
lvl.1
Australia

videomaker Posted at 2015-8-25 09:59
Custom checks are performed randomly. Maybe you get screened, maybe not.  Theoretically you are al ...

I am going to brazil start of 2017 and want to know do you need any insurance or anything to be able to fly the drone? I have a Phantom 4
2016-9-21
Use props
josh8394
lvl.1
Australia

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-8-25 00:49

I am going to brazil start of 2017 and want to know do you need any insurance or anything to be able to fly the drone? I have a Phantom 4
2016-9-21
Use props
josh8394
lvl.1
Australia

rbaaij Posted at 2015-8-14 02:11
Thats funny, I am in Foz do Iguacu right now. In Sao Paulo just go through the customs green lane  ...

2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules