Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tumble Fix? | More Power - AXIS Flying C157 Motors
4233 21 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those who may have missed this.  This 'may' be a solution for some of you if your experiencing the Avata 'Tumble' issue or simply want a more powerful Avata.  Certainly worth a look...but certainly NOT for everyone!  Perhaps something for DJI to consider as well in any future builds or upgrades:

I've found at least two (2) videos on this topic and I'm sure more are coming:

MurdersFPV (released Oct. 8th, 2022) -

DroneCamps RC (released Oct. 9th, 2022) -

Mads Tech (released Oct. 9th, 2022 | starting around 6:08) -  

P.S.  I know this was burried in some other threads as well.  Just thought it might be a little more visable in it's own thread.

2022-10-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-10-11
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup but upgrading will void the warranty and any care refresh you may have.  (sure can maybe undo it, but I am guessing they will start inspecting for the upgrade and motor wire cuts.)  Maybe DJI will recall and update the motors? [wishful thinking]
2022-10-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 10-11 06:59
Yup but upgrading will void the warranty and any care refresh you may have.  (sure can maybe undo it, but I am guessing they will start inspecting for the upgrade and motor wire cuts.)  Maybe DJI will recall and update the motors? [wishful thinking]

Yes...correct.  You'll certainly void any warranty.  Again, NOT for everyone.   Exactly, what I'm thinking.  Perhaps DJI will reconsider they're existing stock motors.
2022-10-11
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-11 07:04
Yes...correct.  You'll certainly void any warranty.  Again, NOT for everyone.   Exactly, what I'm thinking.  Perhaps DJI will reconsider they're existing stock motors.

Or they will create a new product called the "Avata Ultra" and sell it for $1,533.00 with a free bag. lol
2022-10-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Bob Brown Posted at 10-11 06:59

There is no cutting of the original motors, its just soldering...
Im considering doing it some day, after I receive my FPV controller in 2023...

Warranty if useless unless it flies away or crashes on its own, but tbh, i just buy the drone solo and keep the crashed one for spare parts... or just buy replacement parts online..

2022-10-11
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Bob Brown Posted at 10-11 07:20
Or they will create a new product called the "Avata Ultra" and sell it for $1,533.00 with a free bag. lol

Most likely what you said, I still have to see any mass re-call in this type of industry (only if forced by a Law Suit).

DJI  could at least offer a DIY upgrade kit at lower cost for existent Avata owners without voiding the warranty
2022-10-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

A followup, it still happened but he explains more at the end, which makes sense

2022-10-11
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4754715 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Just bought them

Waiting to receive and test them

:-)

It's easy for people coming from "classic" FPV drones: several screws and 6 soldering points.

My only doubt is about ESC fiability with this extra energy requirement...
2022-10-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JAMh Posted at 10-11 09:30
Just bought them

Waiting to receive and test them

Yes..totally agree.  If your not afraid of a little 'tinkering' it's actually a pretty simple upgrade.  Hardest part is not mixing up all the screws.  

I think I counted 32 screws when I soldered my GoPro 10 Bones to the Avata main feeds.
2022-10-11
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-11 10:16
Yes..totally agree.  If your not afraid of a little 'tinkering' it's actually a pretty simple upgrade.  Hardest part is not mixing up all the screws.  

I think I counted 32 screws when I soldered my GoPro 10 Bones to the Avata main feeds.

And you soldered straight to battery conectors?
Left and right?
Not Middle?
2022-10-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JAMh Posted at 10-11 13:35
And you soldered straight to battery conectors?
Left and right?
Not Middle?

Video I did is here if your interested;  

Note:  Pay particular attention to the screw sizes when removing everything:
In STEP #6 (PROP GUARD REMOVAL) there are four (4) screws here but the bottom 2 screws  (opposite camera - which I consider the front) are actually longer screws than the 2 on front.  I didn't even notice this until later.  

2022-10-11
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

Thanks for sharing...
2022-10-11
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-11 16:47
Video I did is here if your interested;  https://youtu.be/dz0G_8Ajc2U

Note:  Pay particular attention to the screw sizes when removing everything:

thx

i will be doing for my gp8 naked
2022-10-12
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44948 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks for sharing...
2022-10-12
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Will be testing in a while...

Any suggestion?

2022-10-17
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JAMh Posted at 10-17 11:12
Will be testing in a while...

Any suggestion?

Keep us updated on your progress on install and testing.
2022-10-18
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

and props also...
2022-10-19
Use props
Dudez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230180 ft
Australia

An old post i know but just wanted to ask.... with upgrading the motors, instead of tearing apart everything, can't we just cut the existed motor wires in the middle of the arms and solders them to the Axis motors?
2022-12-17
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

@DJI

Will this upgrade void warranty and DJI Care if something not related to the Motors will go wrong?
If its fixing this yaw error and make drone safer I would consider an upgrade but dont wanna loose Care and warranty which I payed for
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_ZEIxw68AaDaW
lvl.2
Australia

I hope I’m not bumping an old thread, but I’m looking at getting an avatar to complement the Mavic 3 and am wondering if DJI has fixed this issue yet or done anything to appreciate the issues people are having due to underpowered motors?
2023-4-8
Use props
CagomoC FpV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 480026 ft
United States

The point of this upgrade is only if you want to do freestyle fpv. Commonsense tell you that this is made for cinematic style of flying from the get go. The FPV was made for freestyle like but fragile. Hopefully  dji will come out with FPV v2 that more like a traditional freestyle like the tank or apex frame.
2023-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules