How to activate FCC mode when traveling from EU to US?
4791 12 2022-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
koda.ohlsongmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237064 ft
Sweden

Hi,

I own and run the Ronin 4D with the video transmission in Europe more specifically in Sweden. When I got the camera (in Sweden) and activated it I did not get the fantastic range because of the limited power out put we are restricted to here in Europe. Howerver now I am traveling to the US and will bring my 4D to shoot with.

So the question:
When i get to the US how can i get it to FCC mode to enjoy the full power and range of the video transmission? Or am i permanently stuck in the limited EU low power output range becaus i initially activated the camera i the EU, and if that is the case could i get un stuck by creating a new DJI account in the US and re-register the camera somehow?

Thankfull for any help i can get!
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
There is no need to create a new DJI account, you only need to refresh the firmware through the assistant software after sending the 4D body, video transmitter, and video highlighting monitor to the destination.
Thanks for your support.
2022-10-19
Use props
koda.ohlsongmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237064 ft
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-19 02:25
Hi, there.
There is no need to create a new DJI account, you only need to refresh the firmware through the assistant software after sending the 4D body, video transmitter, and video highlighting monitor to the destination.
Thanks for your support.

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for this information. So i will do a firmware update once i arrive in the US with the camera and video transmission and hopefully it will all work wonder full.

When I travel back to Europe is there any way that I can get the camera/transmission to stay in FCC mode so i can still enjoy the incredible range?   
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

koda.ohlsongmail.com Posted at 10-20 01:35
Hi Natalia,

Thank you for this information. So i will do a firmware update once i arrive in the US with the camera and video transmission and hopefully it will all work wonder full.

Thanks for your update, please note that it is not recommended because of national laws and regulations.
Thank you for your understanding.
2022-10-20
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Just curious... why doesn't the EU allow "FCC" mode? Is there any evidence the EU has of radio frequencies we allow in the US being harmful?
2022-10-22
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-19 02:25
Hi, there.
There is no need to create a new DJI account, you only need to refresh the firmware through the assistant software after sending the 4D body, video transmitter, and video highlighting monitor to the destination.
Thanks for your support.

Does this procedure work for the Transmission Combo kit too? I have the same issue, traveling to US and need the range.
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elettrone78 Posted at 10-27 11:09
Does this procedure work for the Transmission Combo kit too? I have the same issue, traveling to US and need the range.

Hi, there.  Thanks for your inquiry.
The DJI Transmission and highlight monitor will generally write the country code when using the assistant software to activate. If you need to shoot in different countries, it is recommended that you use the assistant software to refresh the firmware of the transmitter and monitor, and then you can update the local country code.
Thank you for your support.
2022-10-27
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-27 20:15
Hi, there.  Thanks for your inquiry.
The DJI Transmission and highlight monitor will generally write the country code when using the assistant software to activate. If you need to shoot in different countries, it is recommended that you use the assistant software to refresh the firmware of the transmitter and monitor, and then you can update the local country code.
Thank you for your support.
"and then you can update the country code"

Just to be absolutely clear, this is done automatically when refreshing the firmware while connected to internet abroad? So if I'm in the US and connect to internet from US, refreshing or updating the firmware will set US country code on its own and activate FCC?

When the device is in FCC should have more channels? Isn't that right? Just to be 100% sure it is working xD because there is no visual indication that this is working as intended and I can't mess up when I'm on set.
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elettrone78 Posted at 10-27 22:52
"and then you can update the country code"

Just to be absolutely clear, this is done automatically when refreshing the firmware while connected to internet abroad? So if I'm in the US and connect to internet from US, refreshing or updating the firmware will set US country code on its own and activate FCC?

Thanks for the soon reply.
1. After the firmware is refreshed, the machine will refresh the country code according to the network used.
2. You can get more channels according to the signal strength of the official website, the difference between FCC and other countries.
Thank you.
2022-10-28
Use props
mraushme.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2126742 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, I’m from EU. we work in the US for a movie production and I need a stable long range signal with the transmission combo. We try to update the latest firmware but there is no difference to the CE mode. Update the monitor or the transmitter? Is it important to renew the Assistent software? Thanks for help.
2022-12-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

mraushme.com Posted at 12-12 10:25
Hi, I’m from EU. we work in the US for a movie production and I need a stable long range signal with the transmission combo. We try to update the latest firmware but there is no difference to the CE mode. Update the monitor or the transmitter? Is it important to renew the Assistent software? Thanks for help.

Don't be afraid say directly that you want to use the FCC in Europe
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 036&pid=2889729
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_EkP2IdFi4ml0
New

New Zealand

Has anyone had any progress / success with this, refreshing the firmware in country to enable FCC over CE? I would love to know if there is any visual indication that shows this either on the monitor or transmitter?
2023-2-8
Use props
djiuser_9XPmiGkNHb6T
New

United States

Good night.  I bought DJI mini 3 Pro in the USA.  CE is written on the control panel and the drone itself.  After registration and the first flight, it became clear that the drone was operating in CE mode.  Doesn't switch to FCC.  What should I do?  return an item to Amazon?  or can you come up with something?
1-28 23:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules