RS2 electronic focus jumps on Z6
1763 4 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ydw1988913
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,
So I encountered this issue with my Z6 when I connect the camera by USB and try to focus using the front wheel of the RS2 (not using a motor but the electronic pull focus), the focus is not smooth and jumps in steps, very annoying.
In comparison my Moza Air 2S with the same setup focus is very smooth. See comparison video below:

Moza Air 2S vs RS2 E-pull focus:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gz11mKpqmbLt2SQx9

That means it is not the camera, but the Ronin RS2 not controlling the focus right.
It is unusable at this stage, hope there is a fix for this.
Also heard this happens to other camera brands like Panasonic.

2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We will confirm this problem with the relevant team and keep you updated here asap.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update
Please check the following details and keep us updated:
1. May we know how the Moza Air 2S follow focus is triggered, is it triggered directly by the wire control connection or with the follow focus motor?
In addition, please note that there are certain differences in the control logic of stabilizers from different manufacturers, and the comparability is relative low, we hope you can understand this.
2. If the follow focus effect of DJI RS 2 is not ideal, you can set relevant settings through Ronin APP-Shooting-Camera Control-Follow Focus Speed.
Please test after reducing the focus speed.
3. If you still cannot achieve the expected effect of follow focus/zoom control, it is recommended that you purchase a follow focus motor accessory to simulate the process of manually rotating the lens to achieve the best follow focus/zoom effect.Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
Thank you for your understanding.
2022-10-18
Use props
ydw1988913
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-18 03:17
Update
Please check the following details and keep us updated:
1. May we know how the Moza Air 2S follow focus is triggered, is it triggered directly by the wire control connection or with the follow focus motor?

1. Moza Air 2S is connected directly by wire, same as RS2 in this test. No focus motor for both.
2. No change, it only affect the sensitivity of the wheel.
3. This should be a simple software issue that can be easily addressed by contacting Nikon for a solution, I tried the RS3, same issue, Zhiyun and Moza both have smooth electric pull focus as I tested, and DJI being the leader in this category can't figure this out?
If you have a Nikon camera, please test on your side.
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ydw1988913 Posted at 10-18 05:13
1. Moza Air 2S is connected directly by wire, same as RS2 in this test. No focus motor for both.
2. No change, it only affect the sensitivity of the wheel.
3. This should be a simple software issue that can be easily addressed by contacting Nikon for a solution, I tried the RS3, same issue, Zhiyun and Moza both have smooth electric pull focus as I tested, and DJI being the leader in this category can't figure this out?

Thanks for the reply. Hope the following details can help you more with this problem:
1. Our test is the same, please don't worry and feel free to use it;
2. For the same function of the different gimbals, there may be differences in software and hardware, so it will also have an impact on the control effect. For the Ronin gimbal, the intermittent effect of electronic control and focus in control is in line with this function. The normal performance of (hardware currently cannot achieve linear control effect);
3. There may be slight differences in electronically controlled follow focus when used with different cameras. Currently, a more linear effect cannot be achieved through electronically controlled follow focus. If you need a more linear focus performance, it is recommended that you use a follow-focus motor.
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules