Avata Manual Mode - No Yaw Issues
2849 13 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

Testing the Avata for the "yaw issue" I have found nothing outside those found in other ducted quadcopters. Rapid yaws with full stick did not cause any instability. This was in wind approximately 10 knots with the latest goggles and quad firmware and with the FPV Controller 2.

2022-10-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive yaw test.  
2022-10-15
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Super
2022-10-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very impressive!

Which rates do you use?

Which production date of the Avata...?
2022-10-15
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

frankymusik Posted at 10-15 08:30
Very impressive!

Which rates do you use?
Stock rate on yaw. Roll and pitch increased by 15%.

September 29 ship date for order direct from DJI. Since it shipped from China I assume it was close to that date.
2022-10-15
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can you please test yaw and roll together at high speed?
I think that some pilots have problem when they do quick yaw and roll left at high speed.

Thanks
2022-10-15
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

hungdang Posted at 10-15 09:13
I think that some pilots have problem when they do quick yaw and roll left at high speed.

As an experienced fixed wing pilot, all my roll turns (except 360 degree rolls) are done with both yaw and roll (i.e. coordinated turns). There are a couple of turns in the video that demonstrate both rapid yaw and roll.
2022-10-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good!
2022-10-15
Use props
Jaydem_ks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193967 ft
Italy

When you do that spin, you should leave the drone going backwards for a while to see if the issue comes out. Try to go fast forward then make a yaw spin and leave the drone going backwards for a while, don't accelerate back to go forward.

FYI, i sent back my dji avata a month ago, they replaced it with a new one that i got now in november, the issue is still there, by the way, when they sent the new one they told me that the problem is still there, and they are still working on a solution.
2022-11-18
Use props
Jaydem_ks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193967 ft
Italy

hungdang Posted at 10-15 09:13

Nope, you can do yaw and roll as you prefer, the issue comes out when you go backwards after a fast forward speed.

People still thinks that it's a yaw problem, just pull your drone from forward to backwards and leave it going, and you'll see.

Tested on a november build, the issue is still there.
2022-11-18
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Awesome video. I posted a test like that and some of my comments were people saying I did it wrong lol. Here is that video with similar results as you had.

2022-11-18
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Confidence; born out of known issue; trust me it will happen when you least expect it; a small cross wind is all you need to send your confidence pummeling to the ground, fly safe
2022-11-22
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 11-22 08:19
Confidence; born out of known issue; trust me it will happen when you least expect it; a small cross wind is all you need to send your confidence pummeling to the ground, fly safe

Oh, I’ve seen it, but knowing what causes it, and experience is what gives me confidence.

I fly Avata in manual (only) all the time, inverted, flipping, and yawing works fine… and knowing that I can’t fly a cinewhoop exactly the same as I fly my full acro quads is not something I just learned with this cinewhoop. If DJI addresses the issue with a firmware update, great. But if not, that’s fine too. It’s a cinewhoop.
2022-11-22
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

CappyA330 Posted at 11-22 08:36
Oh, I’ve seen it, but knowing what causes it, and experience is what gives me confidence.

I fly Avata in manual (only) all the time, inverted, flipping, and yawing works fine… and knowing that I can’t fly a cinewhoop exactly the same as I fly my full acro quads is not something I just learned with this cinewhoop. If DJI addresses the issue with a firmware update, great. But if not, that’s fine too. It’s a cinewhoop.

agreed, treat it like a flying elephant in all honesty lol elephanwoop lol
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules