Top speed stuck at 45mph?
1193 10 2022-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyprVoiton
lvl.1
United States

I've seen everywhere that the Avata can get up to 60mph, however no matter the environment I'm flying in (wind or no wind) I can never get past 45mph in manual mode. Is there a setting or something I'm missing here? Or maybe a firmware update that changed the top speed? Id like to have as much control over every aspect of flight as possible.
2022-10-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

while diving?
2022-10-16
Use props
HyprVoiton
lvl.1
United States

Even while diving, yes. On the note of diving, I have noticed the motors seem to pulse at zero throttle. I'm aware that this is normal for normal/sport mode but similarly to the 60mph potential, I also expected jamming my throttle down to zero would kill the motors in manual mode.
2022-10-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 consumer version and please plug in all your components (Aircraft,RC or MC, Goggles) and kindly please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Have you changed your camera angle to max to see if it increases?
2022-10-17
Use props
HyprVoiton
lvl.1
United States

@DJI Paladin I have refreshed the firmware, however I haven't had the chance to take it out to fly quite yet. Mainly responding to update, I will be posting my results when I can.

I connected all devices (drone, goggles, controller) to my pc and ran the  DJI Assistant 2 consumer version, the drone was the only device that showed on the menu. In the past I've updated the firmware of the goggles, controller, and batteries via phone app, so I'm unsure if the remaining devices are suppose to be present on the DJI Assistant.

@Nees I have maxed the camera angle in the past and at full throttle it still remains limited to 45mph. That said, we'll see what the firmware refresh does, but frankly I'm not holding my breath considering this is the 3rd time I've refreshed the firmware.
2022-10-19
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Man, I'm sorry to hear this. I do have to report that I can get mine up to about 54mph but it will not go to 60 at all. But I just thought the 60mph may be like the 18 minute battery lol and we have to accept that their tests are done in a very controlled environment. Anyway, sorry to hear you can't go past 45, that sucks.
2022-10-20
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I wonder something. Do you live at a higher altitude?
2022-10-20
Use props
HyprVoiton
lvl.1
United States

Nees Posted at 10-20 21:43
I wonder something. Do you live at a higher altitude?

I do not, quite the opposite actually. I live 456ft (139m) above sea level, and generally fly either here or below. Occasionally I go up to the mountains but either way there's no change.
2022-10-21
Use props
djiuser_hmx7s1QoR76F
lvl.1

United States

Haven’t checked my top speed but I want to know why the hell my throttle limiter (reduced throttle power) cuts in at 60 percent. That plus real ID? You’re headed for my trash can DJI keep it up
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_hmx7s1QoR76F Posted at 3-20 12:58
Haven’t checked my top speed but I want to know why the hell my throttle limiter (reduced throttle power) cuts in at 60 percent. That plus real ID? You’re headed for my trash can DJI keep it up

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. To further isolate your concern, may we ask for a picture or a short video showing the issue encountered with the throttle? And also, regarding "real ID," may we verify if you're referring to the Remote ID? If yes, please confirm the issues experienced. We want to help you resolve your concerns. Please keep us updated.
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules