Action 2 mad horizon thing test
847 11 2022-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just a mad test of the Horizon Balancing on the Action 2.

2022-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hahahahahaha. That was funny, but it coped well!
2022-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats pretty good really.  
2022-10-16
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-16 21:57
Hahahahahaha. That was funny, but it coped well!

Yes, it was way over the top and in shade as well but the camera handled it very well.
2022-10-17
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-16 23:12
Thats pretty good really.

Yes it  was and absolutely no complaints from me
2022-10-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

David_Harry Posted at 10-17 16:02
Yes, it was way over the top and in shade as well but the camera handled it very well.

Exactly.
Well done!
2022-10-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Excuse me while I  throw up (I'm really glad I didn't watch that in my VR headset!).

Yes, it's great in reasonable light, but it needs the shutter set manually to about 1/100 in really low light.  Even faster can be better but if there are LED lights in use or similar, serious strobing issues can arise.  

See this video, about 4 minutes in, for an example of how the Action 2 video can fall apart in low light, just using auto exposure.

2022-10-18
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-18 02:12
Excuse me while I  throw up (I'm really glad I didn't watch that in my VR headset!).

Yes, it's great in reasonable light, but it needs the shutter set manually to about 1/100 in really low light.  Even faster can be better but if there are LED lights in use or similar, serious strobing issues can arise.  

Looks like someone missed the point
2022-10-18
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-18 02:12

Manual shutter is an absolute must in low light. We are asked DJI to fix this problem with either a semi-auto setting for the shutter (as we have It for the ISO), or bringing down A3's EIS priorization in lowlight feature to A2: https://forum.dji.com/thread-276580-1-1.html
2022-10-18
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Danergo Posted at 10-18 23:18
Manual shutter is an absolute must in low light. We are asked DJI to fix this problem with either a semi-auto setting for the shutter (as we have It for the ISO), or bringing down A3's EIS priorization in lowlight feature to A2: https://forum.dji.com/thread-276580-1-1.html

For the best part, manual settings are not a great help with cameras like this, given the typical usage for these types of cameras. Especially shutter, as this is the first thing that will affect the EIS.

There are limited use case scenarios where a certain amount of manual control may be useful with cameras like this but for the best part, these cameras are simply not ergonomically designed for manual use and their core functionality isn’t conducive to manual control either.
2022-10-19
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yes, I totally agree with you on this. I wish not to use manual expo on an action camera, but if I leave it on auto, EIS will drive me crazy indoor with artificial lights.

So I have already contacted DJI many times during the past week, and I believe (hope) they will soon have a fix for this.
2022-10-19
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thanks for sharing... ...
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules