USB-C to 3.5mm audio adapters
3292 23 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C
lvl.1
Canada

Hello everyone, this is specific to the new Action 3 and perhaps other camera's. When shopping for an adapter be sure to buy one made specifically for microphones. Most of the adapters on Amazon are made for headphones. I made the mistake of buying one for a headphone, this will not work. A quick clue for a microphone optimized adapter is the price, it'll stand out because it's far more exspensive then a headphone adapter, plus it will say optimized for microphone. Don't ask me what the difference is because I don't know. I just know there is a difference.
2022-10-17
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

The headphone ones work fine.  I have a USB C splitter one for power and one for headphones a USB C mic works just fine, however you can't charge and use MIC, the charging takes precedent.
The key is you need a TRS to TRSS adapter in all cases for ones with a 3.5mm jack.
2022-10-17
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

snorkel Posted at 10-17 16:24
The headphone ones work fine.  I have a USB C splitter one for power and one for headphones a USB C mic works just fine, however you can't charge and use MIC, the charging takes precedent.
The key is you need a TRS to TRSS adapter in all cases for ones with a 3.5mm jack.

Well, I'm going to have to try that AGAIN. I've run through all kinds of combo's and nothing seemed to work. Thanks for the tip.
2022-10-17
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

snorkel Posted at 10-17 16:24
The headphone ones work fine.  I have a USB C splitter one for power and one for headphones a USB C mic works just fine, however you can't charge and use MIC, the charging takes precedent.
The key is you need a TRS to TRSS adapter in all cases for ones with a 3.5mm jack.

I tried all my trrs adapters and mics. Nothing works.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate you for sharing this information with us. If you are referring to the USB-C to 3.5mm male and female plug, you may refer to the recommended accessory below and this was fully tested on our facility. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

1. Mailada: C35L/T;
2. BOYA: BY-K2
3. Saramonic: SR-C2001;
2022-10-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I use that BOYA BY K2 and it is great

2022-10-18
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-17 20:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate you for sharing this information with us. If you are referring to the USB-C to 3.5mm male and female plug, you may refer to the recommended accessory below and this was fully tested on our facility. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

1. Mailada: C35L/T;

I've ordered the Saramonic. Stay tuned.
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Tsweimer Posted at 10-18 06:07
I've ordered the Saramonic. Stay tuned.

Please let us know if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-19
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-19 03:19
Please let us know if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

I've received the saramonic adapter and it works excellent. Mics are still much too sensation. I've ordered an inline volume control unit to decrease sensitivity.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Tsweimer Posted at 10-24 09:45
I've received the saramonic adapter and it works excellent. Mics are still much too sensation. I've ordered an inline volume control unit to decrease sensitivity.

Perfect! Glad that it works perfectly on your unit, Tsweimer. Should you have other inquiries or concerns.  Please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2022-10-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 03:24
Perfect! Glad that it works perfectly on your unit, Tsweimer. Should you have other inquiries or concerns.  Please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

take note the person said that a gain control is recommended and suggest  getting that to the engineers end
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 10-25 03:30
take note the person said that a gain control is recommended and suggest  getting that to the engineers end

I will, Fishycomics. Thank you for your continued support. Have a nice day ahead.
2022-10-26
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-18 03:49
I use that BOYA BY K2 and it is great

Are you able to charge simultanously with this mic?
2022-10-29
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 10-29 08:18
Are you able to charge simultanously with this mic?

I never tested and I doubt without any extra y-adapter or something
2022-10-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

no its not supported controlled by DJI my ALuratek will not charge while using it
2022-10-29
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

Well I had to return my action 3. Here's a video on why if you're interested. https://youtu.be/LmR6HESBbwE
2022-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tsweimer Posted at 10-29 15:41
Well I had to return my action 3. Here's a video on why if you're interested. https://youtu.be/LmR6HESBbwE

You probably should have saved your money and bought the new dji mic system and excellent product that would have taken care of you sound levels. Its quite expensive but really good value for the money you spend.
You also had other problems I see. It seems to be a balancing act with these action cameras, what you gain on the swings you loose on the roundabouts.
2022-10-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yes just watched the vid,  in the camera itself on the  pro we do not have any Db choices. but when a ext mic isplugged in we do:

From 0 Db to 20Db adjustable but no - Db that they must fix.   we can do that with the actual ext mic we own if allowed in incraments of that product

2022-10-30
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 10-30 02:57
You probably should have saved your money and bought the new dji mic system and excellent product that would have taken care of you sound levels. Its quite expensive but really good value for the money you spend.
You also had other problems I see. It seems to be a balancing act with these action cameras, what you gain on the swings you loose on the roundabouts.

My point is I can't or shouldn't spend $2oo+ in order to have functioning audio.
2022-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tsweimer Posted at 10-30 07:47
My point is I can't or shouldn't spend $2oo+ in order to have functioning audio.

Well I haven’t found any problem with the on board audio, its not great in all circumstances but its as good as you get on any small camera. For improved audio no matter what camera you have the better audio you need or want the more you pay. Good audio is not cheap and cheap audio is usually not very good.
2022-10-30
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 10-30 08:03
Well I haven’t found any problem with the on board audio, its not great in all circumstances but its as good as you get on any small camera. For improved audio no matter what camera you have the better audio you need or want the more you pay. Good audio is not cheap and cheap audio is usually not very good.

I do have the ability to record audio separately, but as I said my action cam is on its way back. My GP9 with the media mod is capable or recording excellent audio with a $9 mic.
2022-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tsweimer Posted at 10-30 08:08
I do have the ability to record audio separately, but as I said my action cam is on its way back. My GP9 with the media mod is capable or recording excellent audio with a $9 mic.

thats great good luck.
2022-10-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I did a vlog  in the car, it is Fair, gopro is a lot better internal sound.   
2022-10-30
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 10-30 14:55
I did a vlog  in the car, it is Fair, gopro is a lot better internal sound.
That's when I found out about low light issues with my copy of that lens. I film one minute comedy clips in my car. I set up my DJI to as close to my GP as I could and once I got my footage into FCP I was shocked at the terrible quality.
On top of that every other "take" I did the audio either worked or it didn't. When it didn't it was unusable.
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules