What does this mean ?
1139 7 2015-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

any idea what this means ? it comes up on my screen and i have to X out of it to make it go away ...
my Pilot App goes off and then comes on again when it happens ....
warning.jpg
2015-8-11
Use props
Akael
lvl.1

United States

That is one of the Android processes that is part of the Android OS. If it crashes it restarts all applications running on the device.

When it crashes you shouldn't lose control with the remote, but you will have to reconnect the application, which sometimes requires a reboot of the device.
2015-8-11
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Akael Posted at 2015-8-12 02:24
That is one of the Android processes that is part of the Android OS. If it crashes it restarts all a ...

any idea why it happens ????
2015-8-11
Use props
Akael
lvl.1

United States

I have noticed it happens significantly less if the device is in airplane mode when you are flying.

I know that sometimes the app seems to be checking Google Play servers to verify the API keys embedded in the Pilot app, and that seems to be when this is occurring.

I am a software developer and quickly looked into the Android logs, but I need to do some more digging to see if there is anything we can do as customers that might lower the chances of this happening.
2015-8-11
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

I used to get that, too.
Here is what MAY work on your device (while NOT connected in any way to your P3 Controller - this has nothing to do with aircraft)...

Go into SETTINGS on your device;
Find and open APPLICATION MANAGER (may be under General or More tab for your device);
Find Play (or Google Play);
Uncheck Notifications (may require OK from you);
Force Close (may also require OK from you);
Clear Cache
Go back out to Application Manager
Restart Play Store App and close it again normally. You should never have that error again...hopefully.
[NOTE: It is possible that you want to do the "Play Services" app, as well - I don't think so, but cannot remember.]

All this Google Play error stuff is admittedly rather weird, since you're likely flying in AIRPLANE mode without WiFi anyway;  there are many mysteries in an Android phone. :-)

I do NOT guarantee this will work for you, but it did for me, having once had the same problem. I do not THINK there is any harm/risk in trying. Good luck.

Phil
Phantom 3 Advanced
300A Controller
Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 (Android 4.4.2); all unrelated Apps closed, and in Airplane mode
Pilot App 1.2.0 (As of today - hope to have "GO" Soon)
Firmware 1.2.8

2015-8-11
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Akael Posted at 2015-8-12 02:50
I have noticed it happens significantly less if the device is in airplane mode when you are flying.

thank you ...
2015-8-11
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

AerialLens Posted at 2015-8-12 03:03
I used to get that, too.
Here is what MAY work on your device (while NOT connected in any way to you ...

your set up is the same as mine but im on FW 1.1.9 so I will give it a go ... thank you ....
2015-8-11
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

BASS 666 Posted at 2015-8-12 03:10
your set up is the same as mine but im on FW 1.1.9 so I will give it a go ... thank you ....

also, you should quit any and all open applications when flying…..the Pilot app is a hog
2015-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules