Air pressure balance hole - what is it for?
1154 9 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Does anyone know what the air pressure balance hole does on the Action 2? Does it have any effect on the microphone?
2022-10-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I thought it was to do with mic recovery after underwater use.  Maybe I'm wrong.  It happened once.
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

camera generates heat when shooting, air in side will be out via air pressure balance hole.

water proof device which generates heat (camera) almost all need that.
2022-10-20
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-20 21:21
I thought it was to do with mic recovery after underwater use.  Maybe I'm wrong.  It happened once.

It could be. Although for drainage you’d expect the drain hole to be lower than the mic for gravity,. That’s how GoPro do it, with the those slots on the side behind and slightly below the front mic.

Maybe there’s a clear channel or space inside the body of the Action 2 between the side hole and the mic and the mic hole is also a drainage hole and the side hole helps to equalise the pressure and drain.

Although it’s does seem odd that the side hole and mic hole would be linked, given that the Action 2 is water proof. Plus, if there were a channel connecting the two, due to the diameter of the holes and assuming any channel between them would be the same diameter, you would also maybe expect some kind of capillary effect?
2022-10-20
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-20 22:38
camera generates heat when shooting, air in side will be out via air pressure balance hole.

water proof device which generates heat (camera) almost all need that.

Ah, OK, thanks.

I take it that the microphone module is self contained and the air balance hole has no effect on it?
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

David_Harry Posted at 10-20 23:00
Ah, OK, thanks.

I take it that the microphone module is self contained and the air balance hole has no effect on it?

microphone in action2 camera is on the front surface of the camera: the left bottom dot near the lens

air balance hole is the dot at the right surface of the camera.
2022-10-20
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-20 23:10
microphone in action2 camera is on the front surface of the camera: the left bottom dot near the lens

air balance hole is the dot at the right surface of the camera.

Maybe I didn’t explain myself clearly.

I’m aware of which hole is which. I was asking if the air hole had any effect on the microphone, or is the microphone completely self contained.

Thanks.
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David_Harry. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Action 2 air pressure balance hole balance the internal and external pressure of the DJI Action 2 to prevent abnormality of internal components and it will not affect the mic. Thank you.
2022-10-20
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-20 23:40
Hello there David_Harry. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Action 2 air pressure balance hole balance the internal and external pressure of the DJI Action 2 to prevent abnormality of internal components and it will not affect the mic. Thank you.

Thank you
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there David_Harry. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always. .
2022-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules