MasterShots Modes
7732 6 2022-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans518fadf6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298819 ft
Greece

Hi, using mastershots i realised that the drone chooses different combo moves but i couldn't find a pattern.
I used google search and came up with the following . So the question is, how do i set the mode i want? Does it had to do with the shape of the tracked region (the green square).  I want to avoid the landscape mode because i hate the roll move that it does.
Thanks in advance.

MasterShots
MasterShots allows you to select an object of interest, and the drone will film this object while conducting a wide range of maneuvers, as I’ll discuss below.
To activate MasterShots, launch your drone, hover at your ideal height, and tap shooting mode on the right side of the screen.
The Mini 3 Pro has three routes it can take while in MasterShots; Portrait, Proximity, and Landscape. You can select any of the three options depending on the surroundings.
While in MasterShots, drag a box around the subject you want to track or press the Plus sign on the screen. Doing this will initiate Portrait mode, and a map will appear at the bottom left.
When in Portrait mode, the drone will accomplish the following maneuvers while keeping the subject in the frame.
  • Dronie – Also known as a “drone selfie,” the Mini 3 Pro will pitch back and ascend while keeping the object of interest in the frame.
  • Zooming in and out
  • Circle medium
  • Circle far
  • Circle close
  • Pitch up and fly forward
  • Rocket
  • Camera straight and descent
  • Camera down and descent
In Proximity mode, the drone will perform the above-mentioned maneuvers except for Zoom in and out and the camera facing down while flying forward.
When in Landscape mode, in addition to the same maneuvers in Portrait, except for circle far, pitch and flying forward, and camera down and descent, the drone will also perform:
  • Roll and fly forward
  • Camera straight and circle

2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t believe you can set the mode. But have you tried to download more than one edited version, this might throw out different versions of the one mastershot.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. Kindly please refer to the MasterShots introduction below.

Portrait
When a person appears on the Camera View, tap “+” on the image transmission screen or manually select the person to enter MasterShots Portrait mode.

After selecting the target, the small map on the bottom-left corner will expand automatically. At this point, the estimated area and trajectory for the flight will appear on the map. Based on the shooting environment requirements, tap the small map on the bottom-left corner to enlarge it to check the flight trajectory and adjust the width, length, and height of the shooting area.

Tap Start Point and Auto, and the aircraft will automatically adjust the initial shooting position after shooting. Tap Start Point and Current Location, and the aircraft will automatically determine the current position as the initial position (only in Portrait mode). (Note: After selecting the shooting target, manually move the control stick to adjust the relative position between the aircraft and the shooting target).

Tap “Start” to start shooting. During shooting, the aircraft will automatically perform as follows:
Zoom In/Out - Circle (Medium) - Circle (Close) - Dronie - Circle (Far) - Pitch Up + Fly Forward - Rocket - Camera Down Circle - Camera Straight + Descend - Camera Down + Descend. After shooting, the aircraft will return to its initial position.

Proximity
When the selected target is landscape, tap “Start” to begin shooting. The aircraft will automatically calculate its distance from the subject.  Automatically determine and select a proximity or landscape shooting trajectory and display the flight trajectory on the small map.

When entering the Proximity mode for shooting, the aircraft will automatically perform as follows:
Dronie - Circle (Far) - Pitch Up + Fly Forward - Circle (Close)- Circle (Medium) - Rocket - Camera Down + Fly Forward - Camera Down Circle - Camera Straight + Descend - Camera Down + Descend.

Landscape
When entering the Landscape mode for shooting, the aircraft will automatically perform as follows:
Dronie - Circle (Far) - Pitch Up + Fly Forward - Roll + Fly Forward - Circle (Close) - Zoom In/Out - Circle (Medium) - Rocket - Camera Straight + Descend - Camera Straight Circle.

Editors
After shooting, a short video will automatically be generated. You can go to the Playback page and tap Edit to select different templates.

You may also refer to this tutorial for your reference:
2022-10-24
Use props
denis_kos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298819 ft
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-24 23:43
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. Kindly please refer to the MasterShots introduction below.

Portrait

Hi, thanks for the reply. So it isn't possible to choose between proximity and landscape? Is there a general rule, at which case the drone chooses either mode? I mean, i would love to always go in proximity in order to avoid the roll used in landscape mode. Thanks
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

denis_kos Posted at 10-25 04:36
Hi, thanks for the reply. So it isn't possible to choose between proximity and landscape? Is there a general rule, at which case the drone chooses either mode? I mean, i would love to always go in proximity in order to avoid the roll used in landscape mode. Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_vt3sTjnIgS6n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1444 ft
United Kingdom

When I enter master shots on the controller I get the annoying video showing me what to do. It’s really annoying. Can it be turned off?
Thanks.
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_vt3sTjnIgS6n Posted at 7-20 02:04
When I enter master shots on the controller I get the annoying video showing me what to do. It’s really annoying. Can it be turned off?
Thanks.

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We don't have an option to turn off this feature. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules