Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's available here:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-11
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Woot woot great news ;)
2015-8-11
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

Oh yeah! finally !
2015-8-11
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Just installed it going through and rechecking all my settings fyi the channel hack still works you don't need to re do it. http://forum.dji.com/thread-27113-1-1.html
2015-8-11
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Quick question (haven't got the P3 on me). Does the GO app have overexposure zebra stripes in android?
2015-8-11
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Errr.... there's no way to link a controller with this one ...  

Bit of an oversight DJI ....
2015-8-11
Use props
jrudad
lvl.1

Malaysia

It an update for those have installed dji pilot
2015-8-11
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Yea I mean,  if you don't have DJI Pilot installed (which I didn't),  just got a new controller, installed DJI GO (Pilot is no longer on the Play Store) and it won't go into the main bit until your Phantom/Inspire is connected, so can't get to the bit to link a new controller.

So now I have to go hunt down an old APK file ;)

2015-8-11
Use props
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

That is great news! Installing...
2015-8-11
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Ugg no flight sim either that i can find but great news its only chewing 35% of cpu power on my samsung tabs 8.4 and that's with google play services fully updated....looks like it's using all eight cores.
2015-8-11
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

bastell Posted at 2015-8-12 12:44
Ugg no flight sim either that i can find but great news its only chewing 35% of cpu power on my sams ...

Don't get me excited.
2015-8-11
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

So happy to hear!  I get my new drone TOMORROW and this will (fingers crossed) be the better option for me starting out!!  Woot WOOT!
2015-8-11
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-12 12:38
Yea I mean,  if you don't have DJI Pilot installed (which I didn't),  just got a new controller, ins ...

On the main screen with the pictures of the quads just scroll left and right till you find your bird then hit connect.
2015-8-11
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

bastell Posted at 2015-8-12 13:05
On the main screen with the pictures of the quads just scroll left and right till you find your bi ...

Doesn't give you the option to connect unless the controller is connected to the bird

Just grabbed Pilot from somewhere else, linked up and then updated to Go. All sorted
2015-8-11
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-12 13:25
Doesn't give you the option to connect unless the controller is connected to the bird

Just gra ...

Ahh glad you got it sorted
2015-8-11
Use props
marlows
lvl.1

Latvia

Hi! Someone has dji go apk file ? Store says: is not compatible with your device...
P.S
got it
2015-8-11
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The App is now also listed on DJI's site - http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Z3 EXPERIA, MI 3, MI PAD.
2015-8-11
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Hmmm.  apk posted on the download page now...

But Avast on my mac thinks it's got a virus.  :-)
2015-8-11
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-12 12:38
Yea I mean,  if you don't have DJI Pilot installed (which I didn't),  just got a new controller, ins ...

Nope, designed that way,  connect controller, turn it on,  turn P3 on  then it will allow you to connect, different to pilot, it needs to 'see' a drone to allow you to go to camera.
2015-8-11
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Took my bird out for a 1.4km out and back flight am  running latest firmware on the p3 advanced 1.32 on a Samsung tabs 8.4 Android version 4.4.2 with Google services fully updated.Custom channel selected with a vid transmission rate of 6Mbps.Happy to report no glitches bitches app ran smooth as a baby's ass.
2015-8-11
Use props
supercrackmunke
lvl.1

United States

Just ran a full battery, and I'm happy to report that the app works. I had a touch of video lag at about the 19 minute mark, and one app crash shortly after when trying to select a camera setting. Starting the app up again caused the video lag to go away (though I didn't try to get into camera settings again because I was at 10% battery.)
2015-8-11
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Aside from the mac not liking it, seems to work fine on the Samsung Tab 4 8".  Not seeing anything new in there in particular, a few UI tweaks is all thats visible right now and it's too dark & cold to test fly :-).

First time I went it it said the P3 needed updating, but restarted things and that went away, so once again it seems the order of starting things might be an issue, but not a biggie.

2015-8-12
Use props
sns
lvl.2

Ukraine

Could anyone please check what exact version is this? 2.0.0.22? (In the app - camera view - settings - about)
2015-8-12
Use props
supercrackmunke
lvl.1

United States

sns Posted at 2015-8-12 16:29
Could anyone please check what exact version is this? 2.0.0.22? (In the app - camera view - settings ...

2.0.0 is what it gives me.
2015-8-12
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.2

Netherlands

What do you guys recommend. Update the DJI Pilot app or uninstall the old DJI pilot app and do a fresh install of DJI go?

Also i have/had a the DJI pilot app crash on me quite often ever since the last android update (google play service) causing a disconnect (still remote controll but no contact with my tablet to the drone) Does anyone has/had the same and can tell if its solved with the new DJI Go app ?

-P3 pro
-Nvidia shield tablet
2015-8-12
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

nicwilson Posted at 2015-8-12 15:27
Nope, designed that way,  connect controller, turn it on,  turn P3 on  then it will allow you to co ...

Cool.  So how do you bind a new controller without the app ?  (In a situation where you don't have one linked already)

2015-8-12
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-12 15:18
The App is now also listed on DJI's site - http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

Requires A ...

Hi Guys,

Just updated to the new DJI GO app on a Hudl2 and it crashes continually. Looks like I'll have to revert to the previous version of the DJI Pilot App if anyone has a link to enable me to download it.

The Pilot App worked fine on the Hudl2 so why it crashes on the new version is a mystery. Yes, I know the Hudl2 is not on the approved list but it's like Microsoft saying you can only run Microsoft software on Dell computers !

EDIT

Problem solved by deleting the DJI Pilot folders prior to installing the new app.
2015-8-12
Use props
sns
lvl.2

Ukraine

Can't figure out if this is the latest that was on beta test. It did not update - simply said it's current...
2015-8-12
Use props
soerheim.emil
lvl.2
Norway

Crap software! Just installed it on my Honor 6 and the app did stop 5 times in 2 min... DJI you may want to keep the Pilot app for a while because im not going to fly my new inspire with DJI GO
2015-8-12
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

astrostar Posted at 2015-8-12 18:47
Hi Guys,

Just updated to the new DJI GO app on a Hudl2 and it crashes continually. Looks like I'l ...

I had this same issue, had to factory reset my tablet ... must be a google service or some bloatware update upsetting it..
2015-8-12
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-12 20:06
I had this same issue, had to factory reset my tablet ... must be a google service or some bloatwa ...

Hi,

Did the factory reset allow the new DJI GO app to work correctly or are you still having problems ?
2015-8-12
Use props
cjwh888
lvl.1

United States

bastell Posted at 2015-8-12 12:12
Woot woot great news ;)

I tried running the DJI Go app on android with the new SDK FW.  It keeps stopping when I try to go into Camera View.

It also seemed to clobber a new version of Litchi.  When I uninstalled the Go app, Litchi worked fine.

Anyone know how to back this out?
2015-8-12
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

Everything is working for me except that in the lower left the display that would show the aircraft position and home point is all grey and doesnt show the home point icon in green.  If I go to the radar view where the home point is in the center in yellow and the aircraft is a red arrow, that works.  But the map display on the lower left no longer shows anything but solid grey.  

Is there a way to get the map back?
2015-8-12
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-12 20:06
I had this same issue, had to factory reset my tablet ... must be a google service or some bloatwa ...

For anyone having continual crashes with the new DJI GO app for Android, I've now managed to get mine working, although I've not as yet tried it out with the bird.

First, uninstall the DJI GO app, then using a program like 'X-plore', navigate to your DJI Pilot folder and delete these. Then re-install the DJI GO app.

For me the app now recognises the Phantom and I can see all the usual controls etc. so I now need to test this with a flight.
2015-8-12
Use props
supercrackmunke
lvl.1

United States

rogeruzun@gmail Posted at 2015-8-13 01:59
Everything is working for me except that in the lower left the display that would show the aircraft  ...

Did you remove the google play services previously? If so, you need to enable/update it again to get the map back.
2015-8-12
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

Any ideia why the hell in the world is this happening to me? I already uninstall everything, delete folders with DJI stuff, install a million times and doesn't work at all!! GRRR

2015-8-12
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

supercrackmunke Posted at 2015-8-13 02:14
Did you remove the google play services previously? If so, you need to enable/update it again to g ...

I did remove google play services previously but I have since re-enabled it.  Must be some confusion but it still gets real hot when google play services is on.  I'm tempted to disable it again.  I went back to the factory original version of google play services maybe that will help.

It's not getting as hot as it used to, just a little "sticky" every once in a while with the video but no slide-show or smearing video like in the past.  But the tablet gets pretty hot now that I have installed version 2.0.0 of the app and re-enabled google play services.  I had been flying with 1.2.0 and google play services disabled before and the tablet would stay cool.
2015-8-12
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

Since I had removed Google Play Services before, I had to start up the app/p3 with wifi enabled so it could see google play back online, then I got the mini map thing back.  Now if I start up without wifi its still fine.  I had to have one good google play gets to the internet startup before it would allow the mini map to be displayed in the lower left area.
2015-8-12
Use props
supercrackmunke
lvl.1

United States

sns Posted at 2015-8-12 18:47
Can't figure out if this is the latest that was on beta test. It did not update - simply said it's ...

Mine just updated to 2.0.1
2015-8-12
Use props
sns
lvl.2

Ukraine

Yep. Update is rolled out. Interesting - what's new?
2015-8-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules