Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Releases New DJI GO Android App
2756 10 2015-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

We’re proud to present the new DJI GO Android app for users of the latest generation of DJI products including the Phantom 3 Series, Inspire 1 and Matrice 100.

This update adds many new, powerful features and combines the functions for all three product lines into one single app, including:

1. Add support for Phantom 3 Standard.

2. Fast sharing with just a few taps, letting you quickly post your photos and videos to SkyPixel, Facebook, Tumblr, and more.

3. Enhanced video and photo editing tools, enabling you to create professional-quality content in minutes.

4. Explore tab for browsing photos and videos by aerial photographers everywhere.

5. Integrated DJI Forum for easily sharing tips and learning from pilots and photographers from around the world.

6. My Earnings tab to share your personal links to the DJI Online Store and earn DJI Credit.

Download the DJI GO app from the Google Play now and enjoy a new, improved flight experience.

2015-8-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Autumn, can we get the old app back?  The new app automatically installed on my phone and now i can't connect my Inspire to it.  I have a big shoot this afternoon and need the app.  It worked just fine last evening but now the new app is toast.  when will dji ever do a good clean release?  h yeah, when someone else owns the company.
2015-8-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

my inspire works but the app doesn't.  i can start the inspire and probably fly it, but i don't have any of the iosd info.  HELPPP!!!
2015-8-12
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

proud?!? you should test your apps before releasing!

after 2nd flight the app stuttered and crashed with Google play Service error message like the release before on my tab s 8.4. (i think its a classic memory leak ). i removed the Google play-Service Upgrades and then it was working perfectly. but flying is very agil with the new app! that's why i tried to change the Expo Settings for the rc controller. values did not transfered to the Firmware - another new bug! congratulations DJI! another flopware!

dji: DJI what you doing?!?!?!  
2015-8-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

i had to do the firmware 1.3 upgrade for the new GO app to work.  $%^&&#*#(.  Hopefully it flies well today.  I have a shoot in a couple of hours.  no choice is a bad choice, especially from dji.
2015-8-12
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

They replaced the .apk in Play Store that's why it updated to the new one. I haven't flied my L1 yet but so far the app looks nifty, the welcoming screen is kinda stupid and confusing if you just want to boot up and fly.
2015-8-12
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Sharing.....Posting....Editing.... within the app?!
All social features that I do not need.
And it makes it cumbersome and memory/processor hungry.

what does it have to do with "flight experience"??????

Please give us PoI and Waypoints for the Inspire.
It supposed to be a premium quad but it's getting no attention (at least publicly).
2015-8-12
Use props
jones5r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-8-13 10:57
Sharing.....Posting....Editing.... within the app?!
All social features that I do not need.
And it m ...

Linolens,

You nailed it. Couldn't have said it better. Leave all that sharing and social crap for the Phantom series. Give the Inspire owners what we thought we were getting last November when we shelled out 3K for a professional quad.
2015-8-12
Use props
quasimodo
lvl.1

Malaysia

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-8-13 03:32
Autumn, can we get the old app back?  The new app automatically installed on my phone and now i can' ...

OMG????? can't connect? Mine also auto update. now already DJI GO. have to test it to night coz tomorrow night i have a big event in my company. hope everything goes well. with DJI Pilot many time disconnect but drone still flying....save landing.

to Frank Wang, u just named by Forbes the new billionaire so we dont care bout ur money we just want a good product! please speed up your team. please get involve and see what the real problem here. the main core of this drone is not the hardware. its the software! in drone market everyone is pushing hard to get the right coding so DJI please push harder! ur infront of the game...so please do so....i have spend my saving money just to get the latest p3. that's sacrifice! im not alone here there are many others face the same problem. I cant say to customers ooh DJI came out  a bad software? its like we want to buy a laptop and then the shopper says ooh the software is bad...so is it worth of buying?  we appreciate what u've done to change the drone industry but its not over yet. ur competitors are pushing hard and someday they will come out a better drone. take example BMW is the worlds best cars and Audi is always 2nd. now new Audi A4 2016 has beaten BMW. so DJI.....get up! all this time i trusted DJI products....but when i bought one i feel total the opposite...just my bad luck.
2015-8-12
Use props
mikrubin
lvl.1

United States

I am finding the new DJI GO app is starting on my device occasionally at boot-up or sometime thereafter and eating a ton of CPU to the extent that my smartphone gets warm.  This is very frustrating since I am not using the app at this time (after reboot) to fly my Inspire 1.  The battery is draining very fast due to DJI GO.

I can't believe this is due to a "butt-start", since the app is tucked away in a folder on my device, off the primary window.

I highly suspect a bug in the app.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
2015-8-13
Use props
moiseev.sergey
lvl.3

Russia

What a hell, DJI? Picture costs thousand of words:
August_16__2015_at_1007PM.png
I wasn't ever fly using DJI Go app, never even run it yet, but here it is wasting battery for me.
And when I go to a app details for that, I was amazed even more:
August_16__2015_at_1016PM.png
Who you gonna call?
2015-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules