Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom Standard
2730 11 2015-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Foxegghead
lvl.1

Australia

I was wondering does anyone actually own a phantom standard? If you do how REALISTICLY far can it fly.

The site says 1km (but lets be real thats under 100% perfect conditions).

Thanks,
Foxegghead

2015-8-12
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like all of the other Phantoms, it depends on how much interference is in the area. Some people will probably be able to exceed that distance without any mods. And, you could do a simple mod like the windsurfer antenna to increase the range if needed.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-12
Use props
rich_even
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-13 00:06
Like all of the other Phantoms, it depends on how much interference is in the area. Some people will ...

I own a Phantom 3 Pro and a friend that is very interested in the Standard but is the mount on the controller only good for hold phones?

Can it be sized up to hold a tablet?
2015-8-12
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

rich_even@yahoo Posted at 2015-8-13 05:41
I own a Phantom 3 Pro and a friend that is very interested in the Standard but is the mount on the ...

The advertising literature tends to give the impression that the holder is only designed to hold something like a smart-phone - the holder is not very big - it looks like a big "chip clip" like you might use to close an opened bag of potato chips!
2015-8-12
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

ya who actually on this forum owns a standard? i would be interested in knowing, you should start a poll
2015-8-12
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2327411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all we have them.   There are some issues with the Android App.  And the clamp seems to be designed for smaller devices you simply cannot open it far enough to support a tablet.  

If you have questions you can email us at support@cloudcitydrones.com

www.cloudcitydrones.com

2015-8-12
Use props
dlongcamp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the price difference I would recommend the advanced or professional.   The light bridge technology along with the added range makes a huge difference for the money.  
2015-8-12
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

Phantom 3 Standart is entry level drone, and it's not made of long distance fpv. so even 600-700 meters is more then enough for beginners
2015-8-12
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can install the DJI tablet mount on the controller like this:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/p2-tx-mod-with-inspire1-tab-mount.39987

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-13
Use props
dqhall59
lvl.1

United States

rich_even@yahoo Posted at 2015-8-13 05:41
I own a Phantom 3 Pro and a friend that is very interested in the Standard but is the mount on the ...

I found a YouTube video about how to make a mount for a Phantom 3 Standard to hold a mini-tablet. It connects to the metal lanyard on the controller.  If you expand the text immediately below the video window, then he gives the links to the suppliers who sell the parts. I ordered parts. It might be weeks before I get my parts.  If I put a tablet next to the controller on a table I might be able to use it before getting the mount, if only I had the IOS app ...  

2015-8-13
Use props
dqhall59
lvl.1

United States

dqhall59 Posted at 2015-8-14 06:49
I found a YouTube video about how to make a mount for a Phantom 3 Standard to hold a mini-tablet.  ...

The Tarrot FPV monitor mount.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251492068778?...

Square Jellyfish mini tablet tripod mount.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C...

Needs metric Allen wrenches to complete assembly.
2015-8-13
Use props
Foxegghead
lvl.1

Australia

dlongcamp@aol.c Posted at 2015-8-13 10:40
For the price difference I would recommend the advanced or professional.   The light bridge technolo ...

Thanks I might just end up doing that, the problem is if I crash it well...
working part time at mcdonalds with $10p/hAud is going to take me another 20weeks to save up with the AUD dropping (>.<)
2015-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules