DJI Mini 3 Magenta/purple spike in 360
3975 4 2022-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragon72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249488 ft
United Kingdom

Good morning all, my first post so please support my query.  I’m very frustrated to say the least, as my recent purchase of a DJI Mini 3 pro was to 80% of the time capture 360 images of landscapes, unfortunately majority of my 360 images in JPEG have an annoying magenta colour cast, spike in form, or a faint purple spike almost along the horizon it seems and in regular places.

I can confirm they are more apparent when the purple slider is introduced and at 100% (you can see their position within the photo to edit more efficiently) but why am I doing this or have to do it, it’s an issue raised with the Mavic 3 I think months ago? are DJI not listening, or unable to provide a software fix as it appears from other posts to be an algorithm issue for the Mavic 3 at least.

It’s very frustrating as I intend sending back on this issue alone as the drone was bought for this purpose 360 landscape photography, I shouldn’t expect to spend near 1k and spend more crucial time to fix DJI algorithm issues, sort it out before you mass produce and send onto customers.

In summary does anyone else have this problem and would you know of a quick fix as DJI seem to sell and fix problems later and blame an algorithm to buy time, thank you in advance.

2022-10-28
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

very frustrating.
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dragon72. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Kindly please post some samples showing the issue for us to be able to assist you further on this matter. Thank you.
2022-10-30
Use props
Dragon72
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you for the reply, please find attached 3 x photos from mini 3 pro, some with apparent colour cast, spikes and some with regular faint spikes of magenta/purple.

You will see in the Harbour shot a magenta cast on sand at regular intervals bleeding into the houses more on right.
The Pier at night, I gave up, the sea more on right has a defined line followed by a purple/magenta cast, and pockets of colour cast over the sea and again spreading into houses.
The castle, again look close at sky line and follow it through from right to left, again a spike in faint magenta/purple.
Some other photos are just unusable, and this problem has been mentioned highlighted on forums in the past  initially with mavic 3 I think. I suspect if people who own a MINI 3 and take 360 need to inspect closely and you'll probably find the same or similar issue, very frustrating, unacceptable and hope we have a fix for it. People mention with the Mavic 3 to use a the Dehaze slider, this does not work for me.   
2022-10-31
Use props
Dragon72
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the follow up..... not. I'm sending it back as it unacceptable for the price, I've even noticed the stitching is absolutely shocking and requires loads of post correcting, it seems the DJI mini 3 has failed in 360 pano much like the 2, very frustrating!
2022-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules