Unusable pan drift in car, need urgent help
1147 9 2022-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnold Palmer
lvl.1
Canada

I've searched this forums, google, youtube and nothing has helped. I called DJI. Nothing. Camera is well balanced. Under max payload. All motors green.
Auto tuned every which way.

I'm trying to do the most basic thing in the world: film a driver from the passenger seat of the car. But whenever we go around a turn, the RS 3 Pro just drifts off like crazy. Either the RS 3 Pro is following the compass direction or it's the torque/g forces of the car turning. It will point at my face, out the front windshield, all the way over to the passenger window. Just unusably, embarrassingly bad. I don't know if I've ever been this embarrassed by a piece of film tech in my life.

Things I've tried:

1 - Gimbal Lock ... does nothing
2 - FPV mode > Custom > turn off all motors ... does nothing
3 - reduce/increase tension/strength in the pan motor... might help a little?
4 - Joint Angle reset/calibration ... does nothing

I've seen a few posts on here asking the same question with no replies. Please help us. Brand new RS 3 Pro bought for this shoot ... so maybe I got a bad one?

thanks!

2022-10-28
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This is worring. Following.
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.  
We would like to know the following details:
1. What model of lens and camera you are using?
2. And which follow mode does the gimbal use to shoot?
3. What is the firmware version information of the gimbal?
And may we know your phone number so that we can check the details as well, you can send us via PM.

Thank you for your support in advance.

2022-10-31
Use props
Arnold Palmer
lvl.1
United States

I was never able to solve this and haven't used the gimbal in the car since, but I might need to again soon. Has anyone encountered this or fixed it? I was using an FX6 with an anamorphic lens. I was probably close to the weight limit. I tried every follow mode. I was using the most up to date firmware when I posted that message last year.
2023-9-29
Use props
epicimages
lvl.1
Australia

ive had this issue a bit, but have just bought the GPS module which is meant to help with this, ill let you know how it goes
2023-10-1
Use props
Arnold Palmer
lvl.1
United States

epicimages Posted at 10-1 22:51
ive had this issue a bit, but have just bought the GPS module which is meant to help with this, ill let you know how it goes

Hey epicimages, thanks so much and glad to know I'm not the only one. Would love to have a fix for this so let me know how it goes. I didn't know this adapter existed.
2023-10-3
Use props
epicimages
lvl.1
Australia

Arnold Palmer Posted at 10-3 13:03
Hey epicimages, thanks so much and glad to know I'm not the only one. Would love to have a fix for this so let me know how it goes. I didn't know this adapter existed.

hi, yes it seemed to work flawlessly.
That said i got a new rig which allowed for more shock absorption in lateral axis.

Heres some BTS from the day.

https://youtube.com/shorts/E-QnCgdC4iw
2023-10-23
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

this is a known issue of the RS gimbals and i'm figthing to have it solved since january....they keep ignoring it sistematically
here you have my thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D778%26typeid%3D778

in this video you can see the cause of those shakes:

2023-10-25
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

epicimages Posted at 10-1 22:51

i have the GPS tooo and the stabilization keeps going very poor

this additional tool helps to fix the horizon drift issue mainly
2023-10-25
Use props
Arnold Palmer
lvl.1
United States

epicimages Posted at 10-23 00:32
hi, yes it seemed to work flawlessly.
That said i got a new rig which allowed for more shock absorption in lateral axis.

Looks good going around those turns! Thanks for sharing this
2023-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules