Phantom 3 Standard ND Filters
25356 17 2015-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david
lvl.1

United States

I got my Phantom 3 Standard today. I wanted to see how the filters would fit on the camera because it looks different that the one on the Advanced and the Professional.

The main differences...
- no screw on clear UV filter as on the P3 Professional and Advanced
- no screw on section at all. The only type of filter that will fit will be a press fit style.
- the card reader is now on the camera body and not on the top of the gimbal

The camera diameter of the lens section is the same on all cameras.

My filters with the press on ring work fine on the Phantom 3 Standard.

I included a few photos below.

Here is how they attach on the Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional and work the same way on the Standard.

Note the ND filters that can be inserted inside the camera like PhantomFilters.com are not going to work on the P3 Standard.

I haven't flown this so I don't know how the camera or the quad behaves in the air.

You can purchase the filters on eBay here if you are interested.

3-Pack Deluxe kit as shown in video = http://www.ebay.com/itm/271930297304
2-Pack Deluxe with case = http://www.ebay.com/itm/271930292673
2 Pack, no case = https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F271930294680&redir_token=s2f4A0o8EoYLB7ZDNUBHQCU565N8MTQzOTQ4MDYyOEAxNDM5Mzk0MjI4

cheers
-david

Phantom 3 Standard with press-fit ND filter.

Phantom 3 Standard with press-fit ND filter.

Phantom 3 Standard camera, notice memory card slot on camera and no Glass UV filter and no threads.

Phantom 3 Standard camera, notice memory card slot on camera and no Glass UV filter and no threads.

Detail of Phantom 3 Standard camera with ND filter attached

Detail of Phantom 3 Standard camera with ND filter attached
2015-8-12
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

David,
Have you tried messing around with any polarizing gels? If so, can you elaborate? I have your 3-pack kit, and if the polarizing filter is of any value, I may want to add that to my collection. I have experience with graduated polarizing filters, but those won't work on the P3. So I have no idea if a solid would hurt or help.

Do you have any plans to include a polarizing filter in your kits?
2015-8-12
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

bradneal24 Posted at 2015-8-13 00:06
David,
Have you tried messing around with any polarizing gels? If so, can you elaborate? I have your ...

Thank you bradneal24.

I haven't tried any polarizing filters on my Phantom yet. I want to but I haven't had the time lately.

I will let you know what I find out when I get a chance to play with them.

thanks
-david
2015-8-12
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I just put my PolarPro set up for sale on eBay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/151777614761?

Good chance for someone to get a PolarPro set for cheap.
2015-8-12
Use props
imdjay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194541 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-8-13 03:04
I just put my PolarPro set up for sale on eBay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/151777614761?

Good chanc ...

reason for selling?
2015-8-12
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Just prefer the silver color of the DJI filters that matches the camera.
2015-8-13
Use props
sam68
New

New Zealand

I signed up just because I wanted to make people aware of this. Phantomfilters.com sells packs of filters for the Phantom 3 Standard, however they have no way of attaching to the camera. They assume that the camera has a screw on UV filter, which it doesn't. I can't understand how he is selling these as a product... I had to buy the set in this thread. Please be aware of this and don't make the same mistake I did.
Also as an aside, I have tried contacting him twice and got no reply, although the filters did arrive in the mail. I think for anyone using one of the phantoms with a screw in UV filter they're possibly a good buy, but just avoid if you have a standard.
2016-5-26
Use props
jimmy.olsson
New

Sweden

sam68: On Phantomfilters.com they clearly state that the filters for the P3 Standard have doublesided adhesive pads for installation. So I assume you just attach them to the front of the lens on the camera and it should stick. But I doubt this is a good solution. The filters are not protected and the risk of them falling off during flight and the risk of them getting dirty must be higher than the filters for P3A and P3P.

However, I have a cheap slide on UV-filter for my P3S already to protect the lens and I figured that the filters for P3A and P3P should fit quite nicely into it just like they fit into the screw on UV-filter originally attached to to the P3A and P3P. So I ordered a 4x ND-filter pack at Phantomfilters.com yesterday for $18 to the P3A and P3P to my P3S to see if they fit into my slide on UV-filter (which they should). I will let you people know how it turns out! As I said, it should be fine, keep your fingers crossed!
2016-5-27
Use props
jimmy.olsson
New

Sweden

jimmy.olsson Posted at 2016-5-28 01:14
sam68: On Phantomfilters.com they clearly state that the filters for the P3 Standard have doubleside ...

I have now received my ND-filters and tried them out and it works perfectly! Sure, the P3P/P3A filters are a tiny bit smaller than the filters for P3S but when I put them in my slide on UV-filter for my P3S they cover the lens of the camera completely and it works like charm! A good solution!
2016-6-6
Use props
nikitasdaddy
New

United States

Can you tell me what hat slide on uv filter you have
2016-7-11
Use props
thomasphoto1
New

I bought the Polar Pro 3 pack set.  It is Summer now and even with the ND8 filter I still have shutter speeds of 1/200 to 1/400.  I am a photographer and realized I have some sheets of ND filters from years ago (a sample pack from Bogen) and so I cut out 3 small circles to place inside of the Polar Pro ND8 filter.  I will fly it tomorrow to see how optically this will look but it should get my frame rate 30 and shutter speed 1/60.  BTW the polar pro set of filters is supposed to "grab on" to the outside diameter of the P3S lens barrel but it is slightly loose.  I put a small rubber band around the lens to give the filter something more to grab onto and it seems to work.
2016-7-11
Use props
thomasphoto1
New

BTW those 3 small circle sheets should now make my ND8 filter into an ND64.
2016-7-11
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

bradneal24 Posted at 2015-8-13 00:06
David,
Have you tried messing around with any polarizing gels? If so, can you elaborate? I have your ...

I do have polarizing filters now. I have Linear Polarizers on my site now and I should have the circular polarizers available later this week.

thank you
-david
2016-9-1
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

Disclaimer this reply is meant to be informational. There are no links to items I make.
I designed a few more items that fit the Phantom 3 Standard as well as all versions of the Phantom 3 & 4.

One thing I did is redesign the clip so it now self adjusts in size to accommodate any manufacturing fluctuations both on my side and at DJI. I am not shipping the slip on clip and the spring clip (new design) with every kit from now on. The clips are also guaranteed for life so if you ever have a problem with the white plastic ring I will send you one for free, including shipping.

For people that have my filter kits you can now order just the polarizing filter both in Linear or Circular. For those that don't have my filter kit then you can order the Polarizing Filter Kit with case and cleaning cloth. I think the circular polarizer works best.

Here is a video of the filters in use

Readers of this forum can get 10% off on checkout using code: djiforum

Let me know if you have any questions?

Thank you
-david

2016-9-24
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>

thomasphoto1 Posted at 2016-7-12 06:00
I bought the Polar Pro 3 pack set.  It is Summer now and even with the ND8 filter I still have shutt ...

How did this work out for you Thomas? We were thinking of adding some stronger ND's to the sets.

Also if you want to shoot me an email I can get you a snugger fitting set of the P3 Standard filters-Jeff@polarprofilters.com

Thanks!
-Jeff
2016-9-26
Use props
speedracer1190
New

Australia

david@ditzlerph Posted at 2016-9-25 01:31
Disclaimer this reply is meant to be informational. There are no links to items I make.
I designed a ...

Hi David,
Do you have an updated link to the filters or to your store page?  As the links above are no longer listed?

Thanks,
2016-10-10
Use props
fans182ba8e9
lvl.1

United States

speedracer1190 Posted at 2016-10-10 08:16
Hi David,
Do you have an updated link to the filters or to your store page?  As the links above ar ...

You can find them on my site www.ditzco.com
2016-11-1
Use props
KRUSER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90443 ft

United States

Below is a simple video that explains WHY we use ND filters and HOW to use ND filters with your DJI Phantom 3 standard, and all the way up!
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules