1234Next >
6940 146 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sgfat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9629 ft
Indonesia

I live in Indonesia now, I bought "Mini 3 Pro" at summer and after a month I noticed that my lens have fog inside. I gave the drone for repair twice already, and nothing was fixed. Both times after 2-3 flights, I see again fog inside lens...

I don't need to talk about physics, it's not normal! I am a professional photographer, I know how condensation appears, wet should not be inside the lens!
And DJI refuse to give me a refund! I have just been informed about this. I am advised to hand it over to support again. What kind of idiocy is this?

I am amazed at the disgusting quality of service and drone! I will hand it in for the third time, as soon as it is returned to me, I will immediately make several flights and if I find fog inside the lens, I will definitely sue! I am sure that even after the third repair, they will not be able to fix anything!

My topic about problem https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=269656

2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. We are able to find your case through your registered email. We will check and forward your case to our designated teams.
2022-11-1
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 03:38
Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. We are able to find your case through your registered email. We will check and forward your case to our designated teams.

for what you need a serial number?!  I wrote that I already contacted with support.  Your high management made it clear that they don't care about my problem and this situation. the only solution is to carry the drone back for repair. Again! In third time!!!
2022-11-1
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini 3 Pro is awesome. If you don't use it correctly, you will get fog.
2022-11-1
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

Drey. I Posted at 11-1 05:11

Come on tell me how to use it properly, genius!  Drone is awesome!  But he has a camera defect, read the topic and you will see that this is not only me.
2022-11-1
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Drey. I Posted at 11-1 05:11

Really? And how do you use it "correctly", please?
2022-11-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I know it's a pain in the rear, but you are doing the correct thing. Keep returning it until you get one that doesn't fog.!
2022-11-1
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-1 06:49
I know it's a pain in the rear, but you are doing the correct thing. Keep returning it until you get one that doesn't fog.!

I have a feeling that all "Mini 3 Pro" have this problem. Maybe the humid climate is to blame, or maybe temperature. On Bali it's 25-35 degrees and it’s always humid, maybe in such regions there are problems with fog on lens or some kind of temperature matters, I don’t know, but DJI apparently doesn’t know either and doesn’t even want to find out what the problem is. Although they are well aware of problem, I have already found many people with the same problem. I'm shocked how DJI refuse to issue a refund for anyone with such a problem.
2022-11-1
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sgfat Posted at 11-1 05:15
Come on tell me how to use it properly, genius!  Drone is awesome!  But he has a camera defect, read the topic and you will see that this is not only me.

If you store the drone in the same weather that you fly it in. That should fix the issue.
2022-11-1
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sgfat Posted at 11-1 06:59
I have a feeling that all "Mini 3 Pro" have this problem. Maybe the humid climate is to blame, or maybe temperature. On Bali it's 25-35 degrees and it’s always humid, maybe in such regions there are problems with fog on lens or some kind of temperature matters, I don’t know, but DJI apparently doesn’t know either and doesn’t even want to find out what the problem is. Although they are well aware of problem, I have already found many people with the same problem. I'm shocked how DJI refuse to issue a refund for anyone with such a problem.

It is the humid climate. The drone's camera isn't sealed so that's the issue.
2022-11-1
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

Drey. I Posted at 11-1 07:05

I've told! I'm a professional photographer, I don't need to explain the problem of condensation! I did a lot of filming in winter at -25 Celsius, it was +15 in the car and there was a camera. The lens I shot with is still with me, and I shot with it in Bali, it has no moisture inside, because it cannot be there!!! Any camera is made in such a way that the formation of moisture between the lenses should not occur!
In general, if you have not studied the topic, why climbed to teach me? I live in Bali! I have the same temperature at home and outside. There is not enough temperature difference for condensation to form. I will also additionally say that I had a "Mini 2" for half a year, I flew with it a lot, I flew near the waves, near waterfalls and there were no problems !!! I sold it and the person still uses it. DJI made a ...ty camera, even one of the engineers wrote about it on facebook, but not everyone has a problem!
2022-11-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Yes there is enough temperature differential for it to form.  The inside of the camera gets very warm, well above ambient.

The mini 3 cameras aren't sealed.  Its a known problem.  Its solved by fitting a filter.

Most people haven't noticed yet because (i) it was summer and warmer and (ii) most people fly with filters.
2022-11-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Drey. I Posted at 11-1 07:05

This.  People have disassembled the camera and its not sealed, no o-rings, nothing.
So moisture is always going to get in.
Its a poor design but it IS the design so replacements wont be any different.

Solution is a filter on the front to stop the camera lens element getting as cold in such a small area.
2022-11-1
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

Hi, is the moisture in the removable part of the lens or behind the actual lens?  I am waiting for my Mini 3 Pro I ordered and don't have one yet but I believe the front of the lens is removable to be able use ND filters.
2022-11-1
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

Element115 Posted at 11-1 07:46
Hi, is the moisture in the removable part of the lens or behind the actual lens?  I am waiting for my Mini 3 Pro I ordered and don't have one yet but I believe the front of the lens is removable to be able use ND filters.

there is no lens on the removable front, it's just a piece of plastic. When you attach the filter, it will be an additional glass after the main one on the camera. mist may form on the inside. For self-removal, you will have to open the camera, this is done easily. There are videos on youtube on how to do it, but self-repair may void the warranty.
2022-11-1
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

gnirtS Posted at 11-1 07:45
This.  People have disassembled the camera and its not sealed, no o-rings, nothing.

there is a ring, but it does not protect against moisture as it should. What kind of filter do you suggest? you can show?
2022-11-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Literally any filter works.  It just needs to be a layer of glass in front of the main element.

Personally for photo flights i use a CPL (often set to no polarisation as i dont always want the effect for wide angle work) and for video flights i'll be using an ND to keep the shutter speed down.

I've just bought a UV filter to use instead of the CPL (only use ever for the things) for wide angle panorama shots.

Currently i get fogging now 100% of the time without a filter (was fine in summer. its colder now) and ive never once had it with any filter fitted.

2022-11-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

sgfat Posted at 11-1 07:50
there is no lens on the removable front, it's just a piece of plastic. When you attach the filter, it will be an additional glass after the main one on the camera. mist may form on the inside. For self-removal, you will have to open the camera, this is done easily. There are videos on youtube on how to do it, but self-repair may void the warranty.

The problem is caused by the sensor itself getting *very* warm and the cold glass being very close to it.
Creates a very steep temperature gradient hence misting.

A second layer of glass means the outer glass gets the cold air, is then insultated by an air layer before the camera lens itself.
Much less gradient and no fogging (unless you're doing something dumb like taking it out of an a/c house into 35c without letting it acclimatise etc.
2022-11-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 11-1 08:18
The problem is caused by the sensor itself getting *very* warm and the cold glass being very close to it.

The problem is caused by DJI lack of proper design and QC. ANY moisture inside the camera body will cause corrosion over time. It has been shown many times, that the o-ring seal is installed incorrectly.
2022-11-1
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 11-1 08:18

Nice resolution. If I ever have that problem I will know what to do.
2022-11-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Your request not to buy a Mini 3 Pro is completely irrelevant to me!  
I've owned it since the beginning and I've never had such a problem!  
There is also no problem if you carry a warm photo camera into the cold.  Nothing is ever fogged up.  
Conversely, but very well to bring the cold device in a warm, humid environment...
2022-11-1
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

frankymusik Posted at 11-1 08:37
Your request not to buy a Mini 3 Pro is completely irrelevant to me!  
I've owned it since the beginning and I've never had such a problem!  
There is also no problem if you carry a warm photo camera into the cold.  Nothing is ever fogged up.  

I'm really glad that it works fine for you, even in conditions of temperature differences. The drone is really cool in terms of capabilities.
I named the topic this way to draw attention, because I'm tired of DJI's bad service. And maybe someone is planning to buy a drone, he should be ready for this problem. It is not unique, it occurs in many. I asked DJI to replace the whole drone for me when nothing changed after the first repair. They refused me, they replaced the camera, I was glad. But on the third flight, I again saw the fog, and I was shooting with model at that moment, it was very disappointing! I can't use it. Five minutes of flight and fog appears! It is impossible to shoot further, since the whole picture is muddy.

compare.jpeg
2022-11-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am a big complainer, had the fogging of the lens just once, Dji was willing to exchange the drone but I put a small silica bag inside the drone camera housing and also inside my drone bag, never had the fogging issue again even if I take the drone out from the house which is hot and the outdoor weather is cold.
2022-11-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

It seems you've been exceptionally unlucky with your Mini3Pro, and your frustration is understandable. But I hope you'll also understand that many of us have been, and still are, delighted with our purchase. As someone else aready suggested, keep insisting on a replacement until you get satisfaction.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-1 04:55
for what you need a serial number?!  I wrote that I already contacted with support.  Your high management made it clear that they don't care about my problem and this situation. the only solution is to carry the drone back for repair. Again! In third time!!!

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have already passed your cases and threads to them and will pay highly attention to your aircraft. If the camera still fogs up, we would recommend you send it to our designated authorized center whose information I think our support has given to you. If not, please let us know.
2022-11-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 11-1 07:45

There are o-rings from what i have seen, the problem is that they are getting pinched during manufacturing thus not sealing properly
2022-11-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have done some testing over the last couple of days, one was for the latest big update and the other was for my recent acquisition of another N1 RC, whilst I didn't take it much above my garden fence height, i did spend a fair bit of time (about 70% of the battery) adjusting the advanced gimbal and EXP settings, this meant that the drone was hovering many times and I didn't notice any fogging. That's not to say mine doesn't have the flaw, I just haven't come across it yet, once the winds die down, i will send it up again now that its turning cooler here in the UK. If I ever do notice the issue, then I will keep on returning it until I am satisfied. If you do not keep returning it then DJI will assume the issue is resolved for you and in turn think that that batch is good and continue to hand them out.

For the OP, if you bought it in the summer, you cannot expect a refund at this stage, you would have been lucky to have gotten a refund after the 1st time you had to send it in. All that you can do is either repair it yourself and risk voiding the warranty (just don't damage the screws ;) ) or keep on returning it, its a pain in the rear and i would hate it myself but needs must....
2022-11-1
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I now fly at temperatures of 0 - +5. I don’t peer into the lens, but I didn’t see any problems with the image.
2022-11-1
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 18:07
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have already passed your cases and threads to them and will pay highly attention to your aircraft. If the camera still fogs up, we would recommend you send it to our designated authorized center whose information I think our support has given to you. If not, please let us know.

But i was already two times send drone to your designated authorized center )) and yesterday I sent it for the third time. I don't know how long I will wait this time, but it took a month to replace the camera for the second time. I asked the store staff to contact your designated authorized center )) when the drone is delivered there and ask them to make my repairs as soon as possible. Even they understand that it is not normal to send a drone a third time, for the same reason. But you, as a manufacturer, don't even want to help me process a refund. Apparently you are interested when the client, like an idiot, constantly gives the equipment to the service and doesn't use it. What's the problem, contacting the store so I can send the drone through them? And when you receive it, you make a refund to the store, I will come and return my money.
2022-11-2
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

Suren Posted at 11-1 09:53
I am a big complainer, had the fogging of the lens just once, Dji was willing to exchange the drone but I put a small silica bag inside the drone camera housing and also inside my drone bag, never had the fogging issue again even if I take the drone out from the house which is hot and the outdoor weather is cold.

They gave me such a recommendation after the first repair, but this is nonsense! In my case, this did not help. I put the silicagel right next to the camera when I closed it with a protective cover, and I always have 5-6 silicagels in my bag.
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-2 00:04
But i was already two times send drone to your designated authorized center )) and yesterday I sent it for the third time. I don't know how long I will wait this time, but it took a month to replace the camera for the second time. I asked the store staff to contact your designated authorized center )) when the drone is delivered there and ask them to make my repairs as soon as possible. Even they understand that it is not normal to send a drone a third time, for the same reason. But you, as a manufacturer, don't even want to help me process a refund. Apparently you are interested when the client, like an idiot, constantly gives the equipment to the service and doesn't use it. What's the problem, contacting the store so I can send the drone through them? And when you receive it, you make a refund to the store, I will come and return my money.

We are sorry that we can not refund you according to our after-sales warranty policy. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience. Your case also has been escalated to our supervisor teams.
You may contact our supervisor by email. We will take care of your case.
2022-11-2
Use props
weicheng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568645 ft
Singapore

I read in another thread (cant recall which one) that one possibility is the o-ring not seated properly in earlier batches.
I flew in tropics using a mini 3 that was manufactured in Sep-2022, and so far its fine
2022-11-8
Use props
thenaynhe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 928885 ft
Vietnam

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 03:38

I also have the same case. But your agent does not support processing. I live in Vietnam. I bought mini 3pro from vjshop
2022-11-9
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

weicheng Posted at 11-8 02:58
I read in another thread (cant recall which one) that one possibility is the o-ring not seated properly in earlier batches.
I flew in tropics using a mini 3 that was manufactured in Sep-2022, and so far its fine

DJI promised to give me a completely new one, I hope it will be from a new batch.
2022-11-9
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

thenaynhe Posted at 11-9 06:32
I also have the same case. But your agent does not support processing. I live in Vietnam. I bought mini 3pro from vjshop

And here is another person who is faced with a defect problem, and DJI is greedy and cannot make concessions.
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

thenaynhe Posted at 11-9 06:32

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know through which channel did you contact our support? May we have your ticket number or other reference numbers like your email address or phone number?
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-9 09:48
And here is another person who is faced with a defect problem, and DJI is greedy and cannot make concessions.

We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience. Our supervisor has offered you the best solution. You may test the aircraft after you receive it. If you have any questions, please let us know.
2022-11-9
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-9 17:38
We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience. Our supervisor has offered you the best solution. You may test the aircraft after you receive it. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Yes, thx I'm waiting it. But who will help this guy from Vietnam? it's disgusting that you are hiding behind your distributors so as not to replace defective drones!
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-9 20:17
Yes, thx I'm waiting it. But who will help this guy from Vietnam? it's disgusting that you are hiding behind your distributors so as not to replace defective drones!

Sorry for your confusion. We also communicated with authorized dealers too. Kindly know that we have spared no efforts to offer you the solutions. As for the user above, we are waiting for his reply.  More information helps us find the designated teams in a faster manner.
2022-11-10
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

I really understand your situation.  I have been struggling with this company for the second week now, because they do not want to take responsibility for their mistakes.  Unfortunately, their support is not able to provide assistance, if you have the opportunity - write a complaint and try to return the money through legal means.  This model turned out to be a failure on all sides, they were in a hurry to catch up with competitors, but in the end they screwed up
2022-11-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules